What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 eels

jeffdragon

Bench
A big test for us .
I hope the huge effort yesterday doesn't work against us in this game.
Bomb to fergo and sivo.
And they come off their wings in defence.most of the time.
Duftys long passes might come in handy

As long as we put a top effort in , camt ask more.

No doubt we will have to put up with the eels fans for six again and with their fullback and Moses will winge about everything.

Last edited:

Bloodbath

Juniors
A big test for us .
Bomb to fergo and sivo.
Duftys long balls might come in handy

No doubt we will have to put up with the eels fans for six again and with their fullback and Moses will winge about everything.
You must be close to duffty didn’t know he had long balls .

Dragon David

First Grade
The Eels scored a few tries tonight against the Tigers. Reports were that Tigers defence was paper thin against the big middle Eels men. That's where they will be playing us with Gutho chiming in and running off them. Got to work out a plan to counteract this and defend with Steel and not paper.

Our game against Newcastle was far more physical than Eels/Wests Tigers.

Thankfully we have an extra days rest.

The boys will need it.

Big game coming up.

Rest and then fire up boys!!!

Spazer

Juniors
I thought they were a bit off against the tigers, their attack looked directionless for most of the first half. I doubt they will make that many errors against us.

Going to be fun going against the best forward packs 2 weeks in a row.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Sims to absolutely belt Moses, kick long, aim to for the first time this season win the possession battle. We need as many line dropouts as possible.
And on the other side of the coin NO stupid short line drop outs from Norman...didnt work last time so dont try it again Normy especially against the better sides

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
And on the other side of the coin NO stupid short line drop outs from Norman...didnt work last time so dont try it again Normy especially against the better sides
Yeah it was stupid at the time, there was 3-4 minutes left and we weren't 2 converted tries ahead. One sneaky try there and it could have setup a grandstand finish that the Knights didn't deserve. I can understand if we are behind or head by 13+ but it wasn't a genius move imo.

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'm all for a bit of creativity but Dufty really needs to be very careful with his long cut out passes to our outside backs, in particular when we are pressing the oppositions try line.....its ok now and again but not all the time....it wont be long before other teams sweat on an intercept and away they go

I'm all for a bit of creativity but Dufty really needs to be very careful with his long cut out passes to our outside backs, in particular when we are pressing the oppositions try line.....its ok now and again but not all the time....it wont be long before other teams sweat on an intercept and away they go

I would like to see him dummy and go himself occasionally.

if he splits the defence early, Parra won’t be chasing interceptions

Crush

Coach
Against Knights we just had to win the battle through the middle.
Against Parra we will have to do that as well as shut down their edges and out wide.
They are very good across the park.

We CAN win but we will need more in attack.
1-7 will need to be immense, just as our forwards were this week.

blacksafake

First Grade
A big test for us .
Bomb to fergo and sivo.
Duftys long passes might come in handy

I’d like to see Clune,Norman or Dufty put a few grubbers in behind Sivo & Ferguson early to put them in two minds about rushing in. They are also slow to turn.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We gutsed it out against The Knights and we have come a long way since our abysmal efforts of the past few years, but we need to go up at least 2 gears if we are to match it with the Eels...now whether thats achievable at this point in time Im not sure....but as long as the boys do their best then thats all we can ask...we are still growing as a team under our new coach and if we take something out of every match against the top teams then it will put us in good stead for the future

Illusion

Bench
We gutsed it out against The Knights and we have come a long way since our abysmal efforts of the past few years, but we need to go up at least 2 gears if we are to match it with the Eels...now whether thats achievable at this point in time Im not sure....but as long as the boys do their best then thats all we can ask...we are still growing as a team under our new coach and if we take something out of every match against the top teams then it will put us in good stead for the future
Attack needs to be better and we can win this .....

kit66

Bench
In February I put my predictions in here somewhere and picked Penrith and Canberra to be the Grand Finalists this year but now I'm thinking Penrith vs Parr is looking more likely. Both of them are so strong across the park. Parra has a huge pack and their backs are nearly as big plus their spine is just lethal.
We'd have to play the best game we've ever played to win this, no mistakes, no poor discipline giving away 8 or so restarts and I don't think we'll be bullying Parra into submission.
I'll be happy if we can just, complete well, compete well and give a good account of ourselves and not let the game get away from us entirely.
It won't happen but I'd seriously consider swapping Periera for Ramsey just for this one.

Latest posts