What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 Knights.

maestro1

Bench
All our opposition knows that all our attack emanates from Ben Hunt. This makes us very easy to defend. We should be using Liddle, Sloan, Luciano and Fatilar-Mariner in more ball playing roles with Hunt as the decoy. We are just too predictable. In the 5 rounds plus trials so far this season we have had a lot of success when we have used our other playmakers as well. Against the Tigers, Liddle, KFlann, and RFM created a lot of attacking opportunities and Ben Hunt played a foil and support role. Against the Titans a similar game plan. Against the Dolphins it all revolved around Hunt. Against the Cowboys, the first 20 minutes we mixed it up and used all our ball players and Hunt played the foil and support. Against Manly we same as the Cowboys first 20 minutes. Last night was all Ben Hunt.

Hunt strength is his compete in every play and run at opportune time and short kicking game. His strength is not as a playmaker. We have enough skill in the playmaking role in RFM, Luciano, KFlann and improve Sloan in this area. Ben Hunt needs to stop trying to run every play.

DfL

Juniors
Did anyone realised marshke come on and defend better at centre than bird did 😂 surely when flanno said at the presser “there’s lot more changes to come” he meant he’s dropping bird. I want to see tamale given a shot at centre with lomax out side him. Makes no sense to chuck lomax at centre if he ain’t there next year. May as well try out our replacement.

Tuddy

Juniors
A couple of observations from the game last night.…

We weren’t out there long for the warm up, it was mainly Lomax doing some kicking practice. The Knights were out there the whole time running drills and warming up.

The ref gave them a fair run early but it has to be said, she also gave us a fair shake in that first half and we couldn’t capitalise. As others and Hunt have said, the kicking game was hopeless. She was also consistently keeping us back 11-12 metres.

Lomax, Hunt and Lawrie were just ordinary. You expect so much more and just don’t get it. I’m glad Lomax is gone and I honestly hope we don’t extend Hunt unless it’s as a hooker. He’s no game manager. Their juniors looked like superstars.

It was a tough drive home. Big changes needed.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Missed the game last night, quite enjoyed reading without any reference.

In summary
The whole backline played sh**.
Benny's kicking game in the wet is sh**.
Lawie is played sh**.
Flanno has a word to the team regarding wet weather footy before the game.
Big Franky didn't play sh**.

Despite a positive outlook pre-game I guess I was right "It's the bloody weather that's the biggest worry "
We didn't adapt at all, same game plan, same ineffective, lame 5th tackle kicks to the fullback. What was Hunt thinking? - It' a tired tactic that doesn't work in the dry.

I punished myself going through all the posts on this thread and reading some pretty depressing crap combined with sad facts.

The reality is coach F has made his bed with his commitment to Hunt as guaranteed Half/Captain. We have all seen what we can achieve in attack when Hunt relinquishes more than a little ball to KFlan.

It's now up to Coach to get this through Hunt's thick scull. KFlan, may not be a super star but his game managing skills, including kicking, far out-weigh those of Hunt. Two active halves sharing first receiver roles in attack also has the defence in 2 minds.

It is absolutely pointless suggesting another 5/8 till Hunt learns to combine.

Simple maths, it takes two halves to make a whole! (attack)

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Despite a positive outlook pre-game I guess I was right "It's the bloody weather that's the biggest worry "
We didn't adapt at all, same game plan, same ineffective, lame 5th tackle kicks to the fullback. What was Hunt thinking? - It' a tired tactic that doesn't work in the dry.

I punished myself going through all the posts on this thread and reading some pretty depressing crap combined with sad facts.

The reality is coach F has made his bed with his commitment to Hunt as guaranteed Half/Captain. We have all seen what we can achieve in attack when Hunt relinquishes more than a little ball to KFlan.

It's now up to Coach to get this through Hunt's thick scull. KFlan, may not be a super star but his game managing skills, including kicking, far out-weigh those of Hunt. Two active halves sharing first receiver roles in attack also has the defence in 2 minds.

It is absolutely pointless suggesting another 5/8 till Hunt learns to combine.

Simple maths, it takes two halves to make a whole! (attack)
Couldn't agree more. It must be so easy for opposition teams knowing that on any 5th tackle, there are 12 players they don't need to worry about.

KFlan doesn't have to be brilliant - he just needs to be good enough (and he is) to present a viable alternative that keeps the opposition guessing.

Our left side is actually quite strong but even assuming they can't/don't score, the fact we'd be willing to throw it left makes space on the right.

The most baffling thing though is we did this in the trials and round one. And surprise, surprise: it worked.

Since then we've reverted to the same game plan from the last few years with the exact same result.

I'm sure even Paul Gallen and Robbie Farah look at our fearless leader and reckon he's a ball-hog.

The fox

Juniors
Did anyone realised marshke come on and defend better at centre than bird did 😂 surely when flanno said at the presser “there’s lot more changes to come” he meant he’s dropping bird. I want to see tamale given a shot at centre with lomax out side him. Makes no sense to chuck lomax at centre if he ain’t there next year. May as well try out our replacement.
Marshke was effective when he came on & has earned the 14 in the team.

BLM01

First Grade
Last week we were so lucky to get the points against a team who completed at 69%
This week we went one better than them and completed at 65%

You might like to make out we were on fire last week but the true fans know what really happened. Please stop making excuses for your man the drug cheat coach.
I agree with your first 2 statements but you are way off and never said anything of the sort to insinuate the last statement
Strange.. all I asked is where were you last week?

sammymills

Juniors
Couldn't agree more. It must be so easy for opposition teams knowing that on any 5th tackle, there are 12 players they don't need to worry about.

KFlan doesn't have to be brilliant - he just needs to be good enough (and he is) to present a viable alternative that keeps the opposition guessing.

Our left side is actually quite strong but even assuming they can't/don't score, the fact we'd be willing to throw it left makes space on the right.

The most baffling thing though is we did this in the trials and round one. And surprise, surprise: it worked.

Since then we've reverted to the same game plan from the last few years with the exact same result.

I'm sure even Paul Gallen and Robbie Farah look at our fearless leader and reckon he's a ball-hog.
In the trials there was a set where we went on the left - suli and then rava straight at the line. We did it again and both resulted in tries. We haven’t done it since.

I'd definitely be dropping Lawrie as well, I don't understand how he has as many NRL games as he does. The issue then becomes who comes in. Obviously Sele, but I don't like Michael Molo as a player at all either, so that means that two props need to drop out in my ideal scenario. I doubt it happens unfortunately, but I guess I'd bring in Sele and then maybe Toby Couchman in place of Lawrie and M Molo. Fifita doesn't seem capable of playing big minutes at the moment, so he probably isn't a realistic option in a prop rotation with only two props on the bench.
Don't know why Jackson Ford was let go, look how he is going for the Warriors.