What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 9 - Vs Panthers

callmack1

Staff member
Moving into another week, and another Round as we take on Penrith in Round 9. These guys are now one of our biggest modern-day rivals and it's become a pretty big rivalry in the game. However, there's no doubt they've had the better of the rivalry. Sick of losing to these pricks, sick of them having the wood on us, sick of their smug attitude, I'm sick of everything they represent. I've made my feelings towards the Panthers no secret for the last couple of years, so I won't ramble on about it, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say it's pure hatred. I'm sure Panthers fans now feel the same.

However, this game against them just feels different. It doesn't feel the same and the rivalry will be nowhere near as intense as it has been in the past due to our current predicament. It's a real shame as this is always one we look forward to but now, it just feels flat.

In fact, I'm dreading it. Where do we even start with this game? Where do we go? How do we approach it? I don't know. I do know that unless something drastically changes, we won't be winning this one. Penrith are still the benchmark of the competition, and they are still the best side in the NRL in my opinion.

But I will wait for this one with anticipation as I always do, and I will support the boys and hope for a win as I always do.

Bring the smug pricks on!!

speedster

Juniors
Talk in the media is Hawkins will be dropped with Cody to 7 and Jack to 6. I hope so. Thompson could be in line to play centre in that case with Mitchell still a week away.

Hellray

Juniors
Talk in the media is Hawkins will be dropped with Cody to 7 and Jack to 6. I hope so. Thompson could be in line to play centre in that case with Mitchell still a week away.
We will be missing a winger though? Milne is suspended for this week.

Chee Kam to centre perhaps with Thompson to the wing
Duncan back to the bench?

speedster

Juniors
We will be missing a winger though? Milne is suspended for this week.

Chee Kam to centre perhaps with Thompson to the wing
Duncan back to the bench?
Forgot about that dunce. Somebody. Don't like Chee Kam at centre but might not have anyone else. We will get carved up out wide regardless and the Cody-Jack partnership needs several games to get going well after this tough start against the champs.

Don't know why Duncan has been left out recently but he's on my bench. I don't like the 2 hooker thing because it's costing us a forward on the bench which is probably why Duncan is out. Teams that carry a 2nd hooker can afford to when their forwards are getting it done but we aren't one of those teams. We already have Havili too if Cook needs a spell. I'd drop Mamo for now but get him more game time later in the year.

I reckon its becoz of memberships are plummeting becoz of the dudmetriou/ilias saga it took too long to wake up souths. wtf were you thinking?its reported on fox there is a board room meeting it has to be about dudmetriou,why would the dogs want ilias at half back he is a dud ffs lol...

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Cody has not had a stable 6-7-1-9, centres, edge forward combo all year.
The centres are getting chopped and changed every game, the edge forwards same, one week it's host, then it's cheekam, then it's host again then koloamatangi is moved from the right to the left, them moved back to the right.
Then Ilias is ditched, then cook gets dropped, the cook gets returned.
Then Latrelll gets suspended.
How the F is Cody supposed to operate like that?
JD does not know what he's doing. This is mad scientist stuff.
Add in the abysmal forward rotations, another example was last week, Moale doesn't get on until the 2nd half, with the game gone. When Tom was replaced at around the 25min mark, koloamatangi should have been replaced as well he was gassed, and the result was we got creamed, at koloamatangi was a culprit in at least one of those tries before half time, maybe 2.

The centres are getting chopped and changed every game, the edge forwards same, one week it's host, then it's cheekam, then it's host again then koloamatangi is moved from the right to the left, them moved back to the right.
Add in the abysmal forward rotations, another example was last week, Moale doesn't get on until the 2nd half, with the game gone. When Tom was replaced at around the 25min mark, koloamatangi should have been replaced as well he was gassed, and the result was we got creamed, at koloamatangi was a culprit in at least one of those tries before half time, maybe 2.

Good read correct

speedster

Juniors
Yep. Nonetheless, we need a general running the show and Cody is it at the minute. Even at halfback, he can set himself up on our left side when we're in good ball possie and hope he's got runners positioned where he wants. It's why I'd like to see Arrow back to left edge because he has played a fair bit on that side outside of Cody and they can get a bit of their old combo going again. Hopefully Gray can play that sweeping out the back option because when Cody has multiple options, he can bamboozle the defence. He's also been at his best in the past when he's played over on the right side too and I haven't seen him skip over to that side much this year.

callmack1

Staff member

Huge changes if true! The biggest shake up we've seen in a line up in a long, long time. I like it and think it needs to happen. However, not this week. When Trell returns in Round 10, then yea, but this week is too early. If Wighton plays 5/8, who are our centers? Who is our threat out wide? No one.

Huge changes if true! The biggest shake up we've seen in a line up in a long, long time. I like it and think it needs to happen. However, not this week. When Trell returns in Round 10, then yea, but this week is too early. If Wighton plays 5/8, who are our centers? Who is our threat out wide? No one.

Callmack we need wighton at #6 since debut we can't wait till trellmyth comes back and put wighton at #6 remember wighton won the dalym and the other medal at #6 why oh why was he not #6 since he arrived at souths the mind boggles. remember we are coming last yes last whats not to see here hellooooo ilias and hawkins are not first grade standard far off it.souths are dumb the coach is dumb and silly solly and our board room are dumb too now they fly to England well its far too late 2024 is gone you bunch of dummies now we are the laughing stock of the nrl mass sackings need to happen starting with ilias + dudmetriou whom are both duds souths were blind wow how dumb..

Wighton should had been there when he arrived ilias who?what a mess we are in since farther. Sam.and Morris left ile need my heart pills in a minute.

Hey handy have you ever seen a worse #7 in your life such as ilias we are no longer members because of ilias now souths will pay the price financially becoz of who bought ilias to souths. many of my friends have handed their souths memberships in ello is in England to disguise and mask the boards stupidity in buying ilias and dudmetriou. but ello is a part of the stupidity at recruitment at souths now we all will pay the price I have been a member for many decades I can not reward souths for their stupidity to sign ilias over reyno many cant see what I'm talking about only a few with brains do.