What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 9 - Vs Panthers

Steenson123

Juniors
Management have obviously got anxious about pursuing Bennett for the next couple of seasons. Wayne will be in demand, no question.
Now the Vacancy sign is up, they can make a serious effort for the man.
One thing is certain. Bennett would find a way to grease things and get the club going North again. Even at his advanced age [note that Bill Belichik and Nick Saban have nearly both retired at this age] Bennett is still an elite people manager. If Bennett does return, it implies that the roster is still an attractive proposition, despite the need for some obvious adjustments.
I would bet that Bennett will make Weighton-Walker-Mitchell-Graham-Gray-Johnston into a potent force, rather than the scrambled eggs it has become.

Steenson123

Juniors
Yes co
Well, some teams first game under an interim coach after they have had their coach sacked often do surprisingly well and sometimes spring a huge upset. I think the Dragons beat the Roosters last year under these circumstances if I'm not mistaken.

This would be the mother of all upsets if that were to continue here.
Yes you are correct. Under Ryan Carr they certainly did beat them.
And they did put in some other good performances too, despite evident holes throughout their roster.
Its difficult to know how the players will react to Ben Hornby because he has been close to them for several years. But he was a class player and here is his chance to showcase himself as a HC.
U Never know.
Little known Atalanta BC from Bergamo recently thrashed giants Liverpool in the Europa League QF, a huge upset. It all depends if the players are motivated and if Hornby has his own ideas about implementing needed changes to the playing squad.

Thadius

Juniors
Was feeling sorry for JD's torture, but when that selected team came out yesterday and I saw Hawkins listed yet again, I wanted JD gone.

It was incomprehensible to select such a dud again after his abysmal showings in recent weeks.

I heard as well that it would be Walker and Wighton in the halves and I got positive all over again.

I don't know if Hornby can change it now or not, but geez old man Cleary would be laughing his balls off!

speedster

Juniors
Was feeling sorry for JD's torture, but when that selected team came out yesterday and I saw Hawkins listed yet again, I wanted JD gone.

It was incomprehensible to select such a dud again after his abysmal showings in recent weeks.

I heard as well that it would be Walker and Wighton in the halves and I got positive all over again.

I don't know if Hornby can change it now or not, but geez old man Cleary would be laughing his balls off!
Hornby can send out whatever team he wants from the 22 players selected yesterday. Interestingly, they have picked a young outside back in the unheralded Adam Christensen for the first time who could come into the backline allowing Wighton to shift into the halves to partner Walker.

Watch this space!

Hornby can send out whatever team he wants from the 22 players selected yesterday. Interestingly, they have picked a young outside back in the unheralded Adam Christensen for the first time who could come into the backline allowing Wighton to shift into the halves to partner Walker.

Watch this space!

This year It should had always been ( wighton 6 walker 7 ) until dodd arrives next year will souths ever wake up?

speedster

Juniors
We have never been
Dont forget everyone, halves cant operate without a dominant pack, and ours has not won the ruck for months, in saying that our spine is screwed,9 7 6 1 are not working
We have never been good at controlling the ruck and our failure to learn those dark arts along with a poor kicking game have seen us lose touch with the dominant sides in the comp that our formerly great attack helped keep us in touch with but wasn't quite enough to win us a comp. Now, the top teams are just too fast at the ruck for us and we lose confidence and focus every week when we get easily marched downfield, gassed and scored on.

We have never been

We have never been good at controlling the ruck and our failure to learn those dark arts along with a poor kicking game have seen us lose touch with the dominant sides in the comp that our formerly great attack helped keep us in touch with but wasn't quite enough to win us a comp. Now, the top teams are just too fast at the ruck for us and we lose confidence and focus every week when we get easily marched downfield, gassed and scored on.

Its a yes from me

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Dont forget everyone, halves cant operate without a dominant pack, and ours has not won the ruck for months, in saying that our spine is screwed,9 7 6 1 are not working
Agreed.
But having a whinging Mamazuoelos demanding game time based on F. all is not going to even partly solve that problem

callmack1

Staff member

Hmmm so Hornby has made changes.

It really doesn't feel like we're playing tomorrow.

Hmmm so Hornby has made changes.

It really doesn't feel like we're playing tomorrow.

Strange days ahead callmack I think we might win tomorrow dare to dream with me callmack? without those (have faith/ rose coloured glasses)on?

Latest posts