What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

speedster

Juniors
Ilias has never shown much of a running game and his passing game was similar to his kicking game which was fair to average at NRL level. He is a good defender though. But his nothing running and passing game does not fill me with any confidence about him doing well in the #9 or #14 jersey. I think we'd get much more spark out of playing either Gray or Humphreys in the #14 and having them come on in a variety of different positions including a spell at dh.

As for Hastings, I think we could end up with musical chairs at halfback if we got him which could be unsettling while we could be better off trading Ilias for either an outside back (JAC?) or a front rower (?). Hastings has form when it comes to unsettling the playing group and leaving them divided rather than united. I hope Wayne gives Dodd the full reigns and supports him to the hilt to build his confidence and then we have Humphreys, Wighton with Cody to 7 or even Gray into the halves as sufficient options if Dodd turns out to be a dud.

STID if no club wants ilias whom was rated the 14th worst half back in the nrl why would all these souths supporters want him in cookies spot that makes no sense.

Ilias has never shown much of a running game and his passing game was similar to his kicking game which was fair to average at NRL level. He is a good defender though. But his nothing running and passing game does not fill me with any confidence about him doing well in the #9 or #14 jersey. I think we'd get much more spark out of playing either Gray or Humphreys in the #14 and having them come on in a variety of different positions including a spell at dh.

As for Hastings, I think we could end up with musical chairs at halfback if we got him which could be unsettling while we could be better off trading Ilias for either an outside back (JAC?) or a front rower (?). Hastings has form when it comes to unsettling the playing group and leaving them divided rather than united. I hope Wayne gives Dodd the full reigns and supports him to the hilt to build his confidence and then we have Humphreys, Wighton with Cody to 7 or even Gray into the halves as sufficient options if Dodd turns out to be a dud.

I must say speedster your posts have been very good reading for awhile now I must say! Very enterprising indeed well done.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We are excited to announce Charlie from South Sydney Juniors as your 2024 Westfield Local Hero for Eastgardens!

Westfield is proud to award a community grant of $20K to help Charlie at South Sydney Juniors to continue to grow their impact in the local community.

Your 2024 Westfield Eastgardens Local Hero is:

Charlie Gallico
South Sydney Juniors

Humble. Kind. Generous.
At nearly 80 years old, Charlie Gallico has dedicated more than 30 years to supporting his community. Charlie works as a South Sydney Juniors trainer, and the South Sydney Rabbitohs mascot – Reggie Rabbit.

Charlie's commitment to community services includes visiting sick children in hospitals, supporting Indigenous youth locally and in remote locations, and participating in community events organised by Souths Cares – the South Sydney Rabbitohs not-for-profit that supports disadvantaged youth and their families.

"Being an active member of my local community engages me with people of all ages," Charlie says. "I try to give the young people some life advice to help them better themselves. I attend schools dressed as the mascot and visit young children who are sick or terminally ill. It brings me a lot of pleasure to help young members of the community."

Charlie's strong work ethic and commitment to helping others began as a young man. As the child of immigrant parents, he began working at 14 to assist his parents financially and help them buy a home. The challenges he experienced throughout his life help him see the value in community connections and giving back to others.

We are excited to announce Charlie from South Sydney Juniors as your 2024 Westfield Local Hero for Eastgardens!

Westfield is proud to award a community grant of $20K to help Charlie at South Sydney Juniors to continue to grow their impact in the local community.

Your 2024 Westfield Eastgardens Local Hero is:

Charlie Gallico
South Sydney Juniors

Humble. Kind. Generous.
At nearly 80 years old, Charlie Gallico has dedicated more than 30 years to supporting his community. Charlie works as a South Sydney Juniors trainer, and the South Sydney Rabbitohs mascot – Reggie Rabbit.

Charlie's commitment to community services includes visiting sick children in hospitals, supporting Indigenous youth locally and in remote locations, and participating in community events organised by Souths Cares – the South Sydney Rabbitohs not-for-profit that supports disadvantaged youth and their families.

"Being an active member of my local community engages me with people of all ages," Charlie says. "I try to give the young people some life advice to help them better themselves. I attend schools dressed as the mascot and visit young children who are sick or terminally ill. It brings me a lot of pleasure to help young members of the community."

Charlie's strong work ethic and commitment to helping others began as a young man. As the child of immigrant parents, he began working at 14 to assist his parents financially and help them buy a home. The challenges he experienced throughout his life help him see the value in community connections and giving back to others.

Great post r20.

Steenson123

Juniors
Dodd is highly unlikely to be a dud. For such a young player he has already a steep Palmares, which incidentally includes landing the winning FG @ Penrith to sink Cleary and the gang in February "23 in the WCC. The man has over 80 starts and three premierships at St Helens and he is ready for a new challenge. Under Bennett he is likely to become a leader and perform at the highest level. He has already proven thus.

Steenson123

Juniors
Ilias has two convincing wins in playoff football, in fact two overwhelming victories, which clearly indicates that the man can play with power. For this reason, Burt will certainly give Ilias a genuine chance at either 7 or 9. Its down to Ilias to show he can do it. Plenty of others written off at a young age have done it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
1729067246030.jpeg

Ilias has informed Souths and Wayne he wants to stay put for 2025.

I have seen lots of Souths members and fans over social media and fan forums saying Ilias, Host and Havili can all go. What these people fail to realise is these 3 players are all contracted for 2025 we can’t force them out if they do not wish to leave.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Ilias-Hastings swap deal off the cards​

South Sydney halfback Lachlan Ilias has informed coach Wayne Bennett of his intention to stay at the club despite the Newcastle Knights showing interest in his services for next year.

Lachlan Ilias is staying put, for now.

Lachlan Ilias is staying put, for now.CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

The Knights and Rabbitohs held discussions about a potential swap deal that would have seen Jackson Hastings reunite with former Great Britain coach Bennett at South Sydney, paving the way for Ilias to head to the Knights.

Bennett was open to the idea, having worked with Hastings in the Great Britain side in 2019, but was not going to push to remove Ilias from the club despite the halfback requesting permission to explore his options elsewhere.

Ilias, who is much loved by his South Sydney teammates, called Bennett on Wednesday to get an understanding of where he stood, given the arrival of St Helens playmaker Lewis Dodd in 2025.

The Rabbitohs coach said he was happy for him to remain at the club and fight for his position, but would start behind Dodd in the pecking order. He also told Ilias that he could be used as a hooker. Ilias then informed Bennett of his desire to stay.

Latest posts