What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
2018 squad so far (take the starting lineup with a grain of salt)

1. Dane Gagai
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Greg Inglis (c)
5. Braidon Burns
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Tom Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Angus Crichton
13. Sam Burgess

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Kyle Turner
17. George Burgess

18. Cam Murray
19. Dean Britt
20. Robert Jennings
21. Connor Tracey
22. Sifa Talakai
23. Campbell Graham
24. Adam Doueihi
25. Jesse Arthars

So essentially we need some real experienced senior players that still have some leeway in terms of form. I think the likes of Brenton Lawrence and Adam Blair would be positive on our young guys. Wouldn't mind signing up an experienced half like Tyrone Roberts to help with Connor Tracey and provide backup but I think he deserves to be starting in another team.

Is Sutton an accidental omission or do you think he won't be re-signed?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Is Sutton an accidental omission or do you think he won't be re-signed?
I'm going purely by who's signed up, but I am assuming that the likes of Graham, Doueihi and Arthars will be in the NRL squad considering their progression to the Bears/signing news.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Brenton Lawrence would've been great but the truth is we already have a lot of money tied up at prop in the twins so for as long as their current deals run we're probably not likely to get an upgrade in unless we jag one on the cheap.
Luciano Leilua anyone?
Yep unfortunately my plans come undone due to the twins still being on contract for the start of 2019,so we definitely need to offload one at least!
George would get my vote to move on.

southsport

First Grade
I'm going purely by who's signed up, but I am assuming that the likes of Graham, Doueihi and Arthars will be in the NRL squad considering their progression to the Bears/signing news.

OK, personally I'm in two minds as to whether Sutto should go around again.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'd like to see him go around one more time to possibly reach 300 but for me he's our bench utility. He just doesn't have it in him any more to go for 80 and he is slowing down rapidly. I think his experience is desperately needed especially for our young backrowers.

I just hope we sign some quality NRL experienced players that are going into or are in their prime. We've already done well with Gagai I hope the recruitment team is working on the likes of Kahu and Paasi.

Travitoh

First Grade

I'm beginning to feel that it could be best for all that he retired. A champion of the club who deserves to retire a Bunny but Crichton and Fuimaono are ahead of him now and unless he's happy to wind down his career from the bench, i struggle to see where he fits in next season.

southsport

First Grade
I'm beginning to feel that it could be best for all that he retired. A champion of the club who deserves to retire a Bunny but Crichton and Fuimaono are ahead of him now and unless he's happy to wind down his career from the bench, i struggle to see where he fits in next season.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
Yes the dont knowers think we do are you one?...Shadow...
I've been reading this forum for a long time.
Since GI's injury i don't thing a single poster has said we are a chance this year.

Sometimes after a win people may say we are still a mathematical chance for finals but no-one in here rates us a threat this year.

Literally every souths poster in here has said this year is a disaster.

So who exactly are the don't knowers you keep referring to?

Name one poster who said we have a great team this year or shut up

Travitoh

First Grade
Since GI's injury i don't thing a single poster has said we are a chance this year.

Sometimes after a win people may say we are still a mathematical chance for finals but no-one in here rates us a threat this year.

I like this guy

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

The dont knowers predict 4th just ask saggypants.....you say you have been reading here for ages well i cant detail all because only a dont knower such as yourself could had only missed what they said,anyway welcome to the dont knowers club mate you were a shoe in well done:p...Shadow...

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
The dont knowers predict 4th just ask saggypants.....you say you have been reading here for ages well i cant detail all because only a dont knower such as yourself could had only missed what they said,anyway welcome to the dont knowers club mate you were a shoe in well done:p...Shadow...
Was that prediction before round 1?

Losing an immortal candidate in GI throws all those predictions out the window.

So after round 1, who still predicted us to be a force? I'll wait while you come up with anexcuse, a stupid pic or an insult to change the subject

rabbitohs95

Bench
Does anyone actually dispute this, or say we have a great team?
Just curious?
I think we have a solid squad.

We've been both unlucky with injuries, lack of depth and combinations.

On paper our best side for 2017 looks something like this;

1. Greg Inglis (injured)
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt (injured)
4. Aaron Gray (injured)/Bryson Goodwin
5. Bryson Goodwin/Aaron Gray
6. Cody Walker (out of position currently)
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kyle Turner
11. Tyrell Fuimaono
12. Angus Crichton
13. Sam Burgess (c)

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Tom Burgess
17. Zane Musgrove

I have no doubt if that team, or a team with very little changes to that, takes the field consistently, we compete for a spot in the top 8.

Unfortunately the footy gods have frowned upon us and these injuries have caught up to us in a massive way.

I think we've really grown with the absence of GI, and even when Reynolds has been injured, to say, we rely less on them to win games.

I think with a bit of luck this team can go far, and with the youngsters pushing their cause, we just need a few veterans in their prime to help shake things up.

Don't care if we win or lose by 50, I'm still a Souths man.

Go you Rabbitohs.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Was that prediction before round 1?

Losing an immortal candidate in GI throws all those predictions out the window.

So after round 1, who still predicted us to be a force? I'll wait while you come up with anexcuse, a stupid pic or an insult to change the subject

Dont knower:)...Shadow...

truthslayer

Juniors
I agree mostly with what you say. Losing Inglis was a big loss for us proving what a valuable player he is, I believe we do have some great young players to work with we have some critics of Burns and Jennings but I do think the potential is there, along with Crichton, Fuimaono, Cam, Murray along with the signing of Gagai it's not all doom and gloom. The deterioration of form from George Burgess is a major problem, although last night both twins put in a reasonable game. Great to see the return of Kyle Turner who proved why he should be in the starting side, I think he may have been injured the past weeks and he may have reinjured last night, Adam Reynolds has been up and down and is just not doing it. I'm not sure Walkers return to 5/8 will fix the halves problem. Tyrrell must go, 40 odd meters and 16 odd tackles from last night is pathetic, we need a James Graham type player.I like hunt in the centers , we do have some younger ones that have developed and I believe if Connor Tracey gets over his injuries he will be a gun. Its not all doom and gloom, Madge also has to lift his game, part of his job is to motivate players to get the best out of them, I don't think he has done this successfully.Clarke gives his best but against very good teams his best does not cut, I will never call our Team Shit like one pathetic pretend Souths supporter on this forum, WE HAVE TO LOSE TO GET BETTER ITS A SAD FACT of any sport as long as this is taken on board right down from coaches and players and this is an area we have to improve on.

truthslayer

Juniors
I agree mostly with what you say. Losing Inglis was a big loss for us proving what a valuable player he is, I believe we do have some great young players to work with we have some critics of Burns and Jennings but I do think the potential is there, along with Crichton, Fuimaono, Cam, Murray along with the signing of Gagai it's not all doom and gloom. The deterioration of form from George Burgess is a major problem, although last night both twins put in a reasonable game. Great to see the return of Kyle Turner who proved why he should be in the starting side, I think he may have been injured the past weeks and he may have reinjured last night, Adam Reynolds has been up and down and is just not doing it. I'm not sure Walkers return to 5/8 will fix the halves problem. Tyrrell must go, 40 odd meters and 16 odd tackles from last night is pathetic, we need a James Graham type player.I like hunt in the centers , we do have some younger ones that have developed and I believe if Connor Tracey gets over his injuries he will be a gun. Its not all doom and gloom, Madge also has to lift his game, part of his job is to motivate players to get the best out of them, I don't think he has done this successfully.Clarke gives his best but against very good teams his best does not cut, I will never call our Team Shit like one pathetic pretend Souths supporter on this forum, WE HAVE TO LOSE TO GET BETTER ITS A SAD FACT of any sport as long as this is taken on board right down from coaches and players and this is an area we have to improve on.