What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

assess5

Juniors

When I get in my next brawl I want Shane Richardson in my corner, I want him on my side.
I am totally impressed by his unswerving loyalty to George Burgess and, as such, his unswerving loyalty to South Sydney. I applaud him.

f**k everybody else, including all rival clubs and players, brainless newspaper hacks, tv commentators who, I swear, are not watching the same game as me and seem to have a convenient habit of forgetting rules when it suits them.

Does everybody remember when James Graham dove into Adam Reynolds legs AFTER Reynolds had kicked the bawl - Graham got three weeks, Reynolds got thirteen on the sideline through injury. As the so called tackle occurred Fittler screamed into the microphone 'orrr THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT' and he screamed it not once but three times.
No doubt that had an influence on the three weeks suspension as did the fact that Graham played for the Bulldogs at that time.

Jason Clarke ran past a Cronulla player who was on the ground, wrestling in a tackle throwing his feet and legs about. Caught Jason Clarke in the head splitting it open like an coconut - blood splattering everywhere. Phil Gould laughed his stupid ugly f**king head off, thought it was a great joke.

Some clubs always seem to attract lessor penalties eg Canterbury, Manly, Bronco's, some cop more e.g Melbourne, Souths, Cronulla.

So whilst all of you are berating G Burgess in righteous indignation, just remember what's gone on before and will still go on.

Travitoh

First Grade
He is delusional,what does he expect richo to do? Richo has to make the best of a bad situation, alienate sam, tom, and mum? Against the club? He is a f___wit, we may even offer georgy 300k but i believe he will depart to the superleague were the tackling is not as ferocious and his hip can take it.

Do you watch Super League? The hits are just as hard as they are in the NRL. There have plenty of recognised NRL forwards go to Super League and struggle.

Pommy

Coach
He is delusional,what does he expect richo to do? Richo has to make the best of a bad situation, alienate sam, tom, and mum? Against the club? He is a f___wit, we may even offer georgy 300k but i believe he will depart to the superleague were the tackling is not as ferocious and his hip can take it.

Yeah of course it’s not as ferocious, there’s no hard hitting poms in the NRL is there?

callmack1

Staff member

Travitoh

First Grade
Rabbitohs sign Bryson Goodwin for the 2020 Season: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/07/04/rabbitohs-sign-bryson-goodwin-for-the-2020-season/

Stoked to see that Goodwin will come back!! He has been a wonderful servant to our club in the past so for him to finish his career with us will be awesome! Obviously a depth signing but this makes me really happy, we all know Bryson is one solid player.

Always gave his all as a Rabbitoh and I'm sure he will again. As a depth signing it is a fantastic in!

assess5

Juniors
Always gave his all as a Rabbitoh and I'm sure he will again. As a depth signing it is a fantastic in!
Goodwin did some great stuff previously but I have to ask 'how old is he, how much football does he have in him'. He was old when he left for super league.

How desperate are Souths?

assess5

Juniors
I do agree with the sentiment but as cover, he adds some much needed experience to a raw group of outside backs.
Yep, always did that but Roberts is very experienced as is Johnston, Burns is going great, Gagai's SOO.

I'd much rather Souths tried to lure the storm's young fullback, is his name Ryan something, anyway he's as quick as lightening and you can't beat speed.

Speed is the one thing Goodwin doesn't have.

handyman2190

Bench
Yep, always did that but Roberts is very experienced as is Johnston, Burns is going great, Gagai's SOO.

I'd much rather Souths tried to lure the storm's young fullback, is his name Ryan something, anyway he's as quick as lightening and you can't beat speed.

Gagai is gonsky end of the year anyway.
Goodwin comes on minimum pay and is a good backup, by all accounts has been playing very well in UK

assess5

Juniors
Gagai is gonsky end of the year anyway.
Goodwin comes on minimum pay and is a good backup, by all accounts has been playing very well in UK

He's to slow, he was to slow before and that was four years ago, why do you always want to buy a player just because he becomes available. You must ask 'what does he bring to the team'.
All Goodwin brings are memories.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
He's to slow, he was to slow before and that was four years ago, why do you always want to buy a player just because he becomes available. You must ask 'what does he bring to the team'.
All Goodwin brings are memories.
100% this.
While we’re signing backs why not grab merrit too.
The game passed Goodwin by while he was with us. I’m sure he did well in super league but Madge ain’t here to throw favourites into the starting side so if he makes 1st grade then we’re either decimated with injury or Bennett is truly senile

Travitoh

First Grade

Papenhuyzen would be an exciting in but with Drinkwater recently leaving Melbourne, i can't see them wanting to be rid of Pap anytime soon.

The guys you listed are experienced but then after that it's Allan, Hiroti, Gagan and Denniss. That's the bracket of players i would include Goodwin in. With Gagai an Origin rep and Roberts in the mix, having Goodwin available during the rep period could prove worthwhile.
Kyle Turner might be an elite centre but after that the standard really drops.

Reactions: RDT

assess5

Juniors
Papenhuyzen would be an exciting in but with Drinkwater recently leaving Melbourne, i can't see them wanting to be rid of Pap anytime soon.

The guys you listed are experienced but then after that it's Allan, Hiroti, Gagan and Denniss. That's the bracket of players i would include Goodwin in. With Gagai an Origin rep and Roberts in the mix, having Goodwin available during the rep period could prove worthwhile.
Kyle Turner might be an elite centre but after that the standard really drops.

What does 'elite centre' mean.
I'm glad things have turned out well for Kyle Turner but he lacks the speed of a Roberts, Burns or Johnston. He was only ever a stop gap measure, Souths would be caught out come semi final time.

Will Allan, Hiroti, Gagan and Denniss ever be established first grade backs. If not why are we keeping them, are we keeping them? Putting a slow guy like Goodwin amongst them isn't going to be of much value. I mean, these guys have been playing league now since they where young kids, if they ain't learnt the basics now, they aint going to tomorrow.

If a club can't produce a Roberts, Johnston or Burns then they gotta lure one from another club, with big bucks.
(Souths produced all of those three guys).

That's my opinion, anyway.

Travitoh

First Grade
What does 'elite centre' mean.
I'm glad things have turned out well for Kyle Turner but he lacks the speed of a Roberts, Burns or Johnston. He was only ever a stop gap measure, Souths would be caught out come semi final time.

Will Allan, Hiroti, Gagan and Denniss ever be established first grade backs. If not why are we keeping them, are we keeping them? Putting a slow guy like Goodwin amongst them isn't going to be of much value. I mean, these guys have been playing league now since they where young kids, if they ain't learnt the basics now, they aint going to tomorrow.

If a club can't produce a Roberts, Johnston or Burns then they gotta lure one from another club, with big bucks.
(Souths produced all of those three guys).

That's my opinion, anyway.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. My initial reaction was the same.
I doubt Goodwin has been brought in to be a gamebreaker in attack though, he'll be there to roll up his sleeves and run the footy when we're in our own end.
If it was my decision to make i probably wouldn't have signed him but having given it some thought, i feel i understand it and don't hate it.
Especially if it frees up cap room to either upgrade Burns or Murray, or bring in someone of quality like Papenhuyzen.

assess5

Juniors
South Sydney Rabbitohs Partner With EuropeFX: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/07/08/south-sydney-rabbitohs-partner-with-europefx/

Also,

Rabbitohs extend contract of Josh Cook for the next two Seasons: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ntract-of-josh-cook-for-the-next-two-seasons/

That's great news for the club! I haven't sen much of him myself but from all reports he is rated highly.

Why do you say its 'great news for the club' on one hand then say on the other ' I haven't seen much of him myself'.
You really don't know anything about him at all, it's the same as Goodwin, Souths have him so he must be good. Well I disagree, in the case of Goodwin he was past his use by date and he got shunted to England, now you applaud his return, f**k me swingin, do you think we are stupid, do you think Goodwin found the Fountain of Youth over there, do you think he will ever play first grade again, if he does it will be because Souths have an enormous shortage of players.
If Josh Cook is any good how come he hasn't played first grade, he is twenty years old and still in the juniors, with Billy Brittain in front of him.
Why is it good news for the club, is he earmarked for SOO.

Some of the stuff you come out with is just bullshit.