What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

doyen

Bench
I thought Turner looked quite good towards the end of the season.

Agree with S/sport & R95 here--Turner looked very good like a lot of our players in those last few games when the leashes were loosened & there was nothing to lose!!
I just hope Madge continues in a more liberal mode in 2017.

Turner is a v/good player;he just needs the right conditions to show his best!!

southsport

First Grade
Agree with S/sport & R95 here--Turner looked very good like a lot of our players in those last few games when the leashes were loosened & there was nothing to lose!!
I just hope Madge continues in a more liberal mode in 2017.

Turner is a v/good player;he just needs the right conditions to show his best!!

Contract extension announced for Madge today too doyen

alien

Referee
Just on Turner, I like second rowers who break tackles and make line breaks, and Turner doesn't seem to do that much at all. Maybe he just needs to get more fired up or something. Maybe his past injuries have something to do with it. I don't think he should be an automatic pick when we have some other good second row options. I'm looking forward to seeing how young Fuimaono goes in the preseason games - I hear he is quite talented. Crichton could have a big year too. Hopefully he has a better year injurywise.

doyen

Bench
Just on Turner, I like second rowers who break tackles and make line breaks, and Turner doesn't seem to do that much at all. Maybe he just needs to get more fired up or something. Maybe his past injuries have something to do with it. I don't think he should be an automatic pick when we have some other good second row options. I'm looking forward to seeing how young Fuimaono goes in the preseason games - I hear he is quite talented. Crichton could have a big year too. Hopefully he has a better year injurywise.

Madge's approach has probably geniused Turner's growth as an attacking player.Encouraged mainly to concentrate on his defence & just take the ball up without a risk of losing it.
He should be a good,running backrower--being an ex centre;but is this encouraged??? I don't really think so!

I think we'll see a "back to the future" in the 2014 plan--big forwards making metres & a reliance on GI,Cody,Farah & AR to create something.
This is what Madge loves to do;not too much flair, expansive play or creativity but it will probably win us enough games to make the 8!! It will be predictable stuff relying heavily on big forwards.

I hope we do,though, show a bit more innovation in our general play as I think we'll need to cultivate this to match it with the best sides!

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Yeah just on Turner, I think it's great that we have the depth to keep him and everyone else on their toes. Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Crichton or Rochow take his spot.

On Fuimaono, I wonder if he'll end up as a second rower or centre. Either way I'm keen to see what he has to offer, I've heard he's a menace in attack but can be a bit lazy in defense. Hopefully he can fix that up.

doyen

Bench
Cody has the creative edge Doyen.

Madge will let him loose at times too.

I think Madge will have to let himself loose first as he relies very heavily on structures & high discipline.
Cody is an X-factor for us & needs a pretty free rein!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think Madge will have to let himself loose first as he relies very heavily on structures & high discipline.
Cody is an X-factor for us & needs a pretty free rein!!
I personally feel you are far too hard on Madge.

CAFPOW

Juniors
the last time i saw anthony cherrington on tv, he was offloading at will and putting
big hits for fun and then he injured his shoulder/elbow.

Rabbits20

Immortal
the last time i saw anthony cherrington on tv, he was offloading at will and putting
big hits for fun and then he injured his shoulder/elbow.
He could be explosive.

I'm not keen on him but I guess he cost cheap so it's worth the risk.

Who knows what he could do for Norths!!!!!!

If injuries hit we could need him.

Franko

Juniors
Yeah just on Turner, I think it's great that we have the depth to keep him and everyone else on their toes. Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Crichton or Rochow take his spot.

On Fuimaono, I wonder if he'll end up as a second rower or centre. Either way I'm keen to see what he has to offer, I've heard he's a menace in attack but can be a bit lazy in defense. Hopefully he can fix that up.

I was with some Parramatta supporters on Saturday and they had no concern at all they had lost Fuimaono at all.

doyen

Bench
He could be explosive.

I'm not keen on him but I guess he cost cheap so it's worth the risk.

Who knows what he could do for Norths!!!!!!

If injuries hit we could need him.

Cherrington's history suggests he may acquire an injury first;as does Rochow!!