What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

handyman2190

Bench
A reserve grader :joy::joy::joy::joy:he scored the third most tries in the nrl are you on drugs ,he has more heart than AJ and Graham put together go figure
Same old rabbitoad with same sarcastic ,attacking responses same crying faces, we all know who you are and this new access5 fellow is your mate,you think your always right lol

Dirty deeds

Juniors
I agree with absolutely everything you say, Johnston refuses to tackle, just will not. I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett gets rid of him. I'd have Jennings any day before Johnston.

I agree too. The real passmark in good wingers these days is how they get the sets off to a good start with a kick return or dummy half run early in the set. Majority of the tries Jennings scored this year most wingers would of scored. Jennings value came from his runs early in our sets. The Burgii and Cook could then capitalise on early momentum

assess5

Juniors
Same old rabbitoad with same sarcastic ,attacking responses same crying faces, we all know who you are and this new access5 fellow is your mate,you think your always right lol

So you disagree with my statement that Alex Johnston refuses to tackle, refuses to put his body on the line.
I am capable of independent thought, I am of the opinion that that Jennings is a far better footballer than Johnston, Johnston is only a fifty percent footballer, he can't make a tackle and he can't break a tackle.
I am nobodies mate but I did help you once, a long time ago.

I think you should watch a few of the games now and then e.g. have a look at the semi final game against the Roosters, you will see a fullback totally lost unless running into a gap, which I'll grant you he does very well.

I remember in the game against the Storm Johnston missed a tackle on a Storm winger even when the winger fell over.

Stone the crows, what does it take to get some lessons in tackling procedure. I can only surmise it takes a move to another franchise.

handyman2190

Bench
So you disagree with my statement that Alex Johnston refuses to tackle, refuses to put his body on the line.
I am capable of independent thought, I am of the opinion that that Jennings is a far better footballer than Johnston, Johnston is only a fifty percent footballer, he can't make a tackle and he can't break a tackle.

I think you should watch a few of the games now and then e.g. have a look at the semi final game against the Roosters, you will see a fullback totally lost unless running into a gap, which I'll grant you he does very well.

I remember in the game against the Storm Johnston missed a tackle on a Storm winger even when the winger fell over.

Stone the crows, what does it take to get some lessons in tackling procedure. I can only surmise it takes a move to another franchise.
AJ is definately not a FB, i have said this many times he does well and is a good winger, i still remember him sgainst the storm,catching vinuvalu from behind after he had a head start, the club prefers AJ anyway probably because he is a junior and he can cover FB, the club asked bennet to talk him into staying. Look those trys scored by our wingers are mostly set ups and any half decent winger could score which may be the reason they are baulking at his asking price.
I have a feeling he could end up at st george

250excf

Juniors
Your not only arrogant your clueless as well I’m no rabitoad you are that dumb you think only one person on the net uses laughing faces my god get a life ,your also totally wrong about access5 being my mate ,never heard or spoken to him till today,just because he agrees with me he’s my mate,how insecure are you wow,and finally no I do not always think I’m right at all I just questioned how you think you know we can sign Jennings lastly nobody ever said anything about AJ not being quick we said he has less heart at running the ball back what are you reading are you blind felle

southsport

First Grade
Your not only arrogant your clueless as well I’m no rabitoad you are that dumb you think only one person on the net uses laughing faces my god get a life ,your also totally wrong about access5 being my mate ,never heard or spoken to him till today,just because he agrees with me he’s my mate,how insecure are you wow,and finally no I do not always think I’m right at all I just questioned how you think you know we can sign Jennings lastly nobody ever said anything about AJ not being quick we said he has less heart at running the ball back what are you reading are you blind felle
handyman gets some good info, his input is appreciated by the majority of posters. ;)

assess5

Juniors

I do think Graham has got the goods and will go from strength to strength , hope he avoids injury unlike say Douahie (?)

250excf

Juniors
handyman gets some good info, his input is appreciated by the majority of posters. ;)
Fair enough Southy but he keeps calling me Rabitoad which I’m not he also refuses to stick to the points I’ve asked in reference to how he knows or thinks he knows it pees me off and I will not be tolerating him or anyone saying I’m some other dude he obviously had issue with for probably the same reason as me :wink:

250excf

Juniors
I do think Graham has got the goods and will go from strength to strength , hope he avoids injury unlike say Douahie (?)
Me too mate and I really rate Douhie , I was just saying no other in out team except GI runs the ball back from kick returns as aggressive as Jennings

assess5

Juniors
Me too mate and I really rate Douhie , I was just saying no other in out team except GI runs the ball back from kick returns as aggressive as Jennings

Yep, Jennings brings it back hard and tackles but it would of been a different semi final against the roosters with Inglis at fullback.
Having said that, the rabbits did have some really good young guys make their debut this year. Cam Murray, Douhie of course, Campbell Graham.

I also like Mark Nicholls. And Sutton had a great year.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
Fair enough Southy but he keeps calling me Rabitoad which I’m not he also refuses to stick to the points I’ve asked in reference to how he knows or thinks he knows it pees me off and I will not be tolerating him or anyone saying I’m some other dude he obviously had issue with for probably the same reason as me :wink:
OK re toad.

As for his source he may need to keep that to himself for obvious reasons.

Scoopdog

Juniors
Yep, Jennings brings it back hard and tackles but it would of been a different semi final against the roosters with Inglis at fullback.
Having said that, the rabbits did have some really good young guys make their debut this year. Cam Murray, Douhie of course, Campbell Graham.

I also like Mark Nicholls. And Sutton had a great year.
Out of the 5 players you just named,only nicholls and douhie debuted for the club this year

callmack1

Staff member
According to The Telecrap, Bennett has no power at Souths because Richo likes to be in charge? Example, Richo won't let Bennett bring Demitriou to Souths. More BS from Buzz?
Well if that's true it's pretty BS tbh. Why not bring Demitriou over?!!

Also, from Zero Tackle,

John Sutton keen to play on beyond 2019

South Sydney Rabbitohs veteran John Sutton has revealed that he wants to play on in 2020, as reported by Fairfax Media.

The 34-year old is coming off one of his best seasons, playing 27 games and forming an elite combination with Cody Walker and Inglis on the left edge.

Sutton will become the first player in Rabbitohs history to reach the 300-game mark in 2019.

“I can’t wait to rip in every day, play my best footy and whatever happens happens,” Sutton told The Herald.
“But I wouldn’t say this is definitely my last year.

“I felt like I had one of my best seasons, we had a great year and despite a disappointing finish, all in all it was a good year.

“I was confident I’d be back. Halfway through the year we started talking about playing on, and I was happy to kick on another year.
“I’m not worried if next year is my last year or not. But don’t rule it out. It’s not off the cards.”

Sutton was keen to learn from new Bunnies coach Wayne Bennett, even showing an interest in coaching after he retires.

“When I did my pec in 2016 I started doing a course a couple of days a week, but it was boring me so I didn’t do the last exam and brushed it,” Sutton said.

“I’ll probably do something again next year.

“I’m coming towards the end end of my career and would like to do something with the club and coaching in the future. It will be great to learn from him every day. It might lead to something else.”

Sutton also said the Inglis’ fullback experiment could be a sucessful one next season.

“‘AJ’ [Alex Johnston] is a great fullback, but GI is GI,” Sutton said.

“It will all depend on his body and if he wants to play there or not. He’s been happy, I had dinner with him last week. He’s in Bali now so he’s really happy.”

NRL introduces new player agent regulation rules

The NRL will introduce a new player agents scheme that will see managers become more regulated amid the recent salary cap issues, as reported by Fairfax Media.

It ends a face off between managers and the league as the former drops their threat of pursuing legal action.

As many as 110 managers have until Friday to accept the new protocols or lose their role as player agents, as the NRL governing body looks to make them more accountable.

It is understood that should the managers protest the new laws, the NRL may revisit the cases of Manly and Parramatta and sanction them for any involvement, despite each matter already be resolved.

The new scheme will put managers and player’s contracts under the eye of the NRL more and ensure that they are following the league’s rules and code of conduct.
Players will be able to seek a release from a manager after two years so long as three months notice is given, while junior players aged 15 to 17 will now have the option of being represented.

The NRL may inspect an agent’s business records if a breach of rules is suspected.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Bennett sends Jennings packing...

Wayne Bennett Informs Rabbitoh Star Look Elsewhere For 2019

Wayne Bennett has spent less then two weeks as coach of the South Sydney Rabbitohs and already he has informed their leading try scorer for 2018 that he is not required for 2019.

Despite having a breakout season in 2018 scoring 19 tries for the Bunnies, Robert Jennings future at the South Sydney Rabbitohs looks to be over before it really begun.

Jennings is currently off contract and it is believed his asking price is more then the Rabbitohs can afford and it is believed that Bennett wants to have Greg Inglis return to the fullback position and move Alex Johnston to the wing, which would make Jennings not required at Redfern.

Two rivals clubs ready to pounce are the Cronulla Sharks and St George Ilawarra Dragons. The Dragons would probably benefit most from his signature having lost both Jason Nightingale and Nene Macdonald last year.

The 22-year has made 34 appearances for the Rabbitohs, scoring 25 tries since crossing from the Panthers at the end of the 2016 season.

https://www.5thtackle.com/2018/12/0...Qtpfqiubu3iiV8BWrdc04fQl0uFMfZrkNai7Uv256XH5U

CAFPOW

Juniors

Wayne Bennett has spent less then two weeks as coach of the South Sydney Rabbitohs and already he has informed their leading try scorer for 2018 that he is not required for 2019.

Despite having a breakout season in 2018 scoring 19 tries for the Bunnies, Robert Jennings future at the South Sydney Rabbitohs looks to be over before it really begun.

Jennings is currently off contract and it is believed his asking price is more then the Rabbitohs can afford and it is believed that Bennett wants to have Greg Inglis return to the fullback position and move Alex Johnston to the wing, which would make Jennings not required at Redfern.

Two rivals clubs ready to pounce are the Cronulla Sharks and St George Ilawarra Dragons. The Dragons would probably benefit most from his signature having lost both Jason Nightingale and Nene Macdonald last year.

The 22-year has made 34 appearances for the Rabbitohs, scoring 25 tries since crossing from the Panthers at the end of the 2016 season.

https://www.5thtackle.com/2018/12/0...Qtpfqiubu3iiV8BWrdc04fQl0uFMfZrkNai7Uv256XH5U

That's not good.

Wolfman

Juniors
According to The Telecrap, Bennett has no power at Souths because Richo likes to be in charge? Example, Richo won't let Bennett bring Demitriou to Souths. More BS from Buzz?

Buzz hates Souths with a passion, it is obvious with every article he writes about us. What really annoys me is that Richo won't set him straight because if that is BS I'd be defending those allegations. I don't know, but maybe Richo doesn't want to get caught up in Buzz's bullshit. What I do know is that Buzz's bad publicity on Souths is merely to take the attraction away from his beloved Sharks and how his club is falling apart....write about that Buzz.

Go Bunnies

Juniors

To be fair, AJ played the last part of the season with a hamstring tear and busted shoulder. If you watch his games in the first half of the season, he was playing a lot stronger than the 2nd half. Obviously the coach and the senior playing group wanted him there even though he was clearly injured.
Rob Jennings is one dimensional- any winger could have scored the tries he was gifted.
Yes he is strong, but he has no speed off the mark.
That is why they wanted to keep AJ rather than Jennings

ThingFish

Juniors

This was always going to happen. The cap auditors must be knocking. It was reported last month we were one of six clubs that would need to offload a player or two and Musgrove and Jennings seem to be two. The sobering fact is if we actually want to buy top shelf next year we’ll probably have to loose a twin or two. An even sadder fact is we are in this hole until Sammy, GI or Cookie leave, at least the next 2 to 3 years. The upside is we’ve recruited some real promising young kids that could fill holes over the coming years. That’s why I’m really looking forward to NSWCup and Under 20s at Redfern next year.