What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

Travitoh

First Grade
It's laughable to argue that AR isn't any good because he is able to execute his skills in a way that gives us an advantage. Without his kicking game, we don't win in 2014 imo. In fact, this is the first time in his NRL career that AR hasn't played finals footy. We are a better side with him calling the shots and his W-L record will support that.
I don't want to knock Sandow as he was an exciting prospect at the time but he left us for Parra who were willing to pay him $600k a season. No thanks. I'd prefer AR everyday of the week.

alien

Referee
It's laughable to argue that AR isn't any good because he is able to execute his skills in a way that gives us an advantage. Without his kicking game, we don't win in 2014 imo. In fact, this is the first time in his NRL career that AR hasn't played finals footy. We are a better side with him calling the shots and his W-L record will support that.
I don't want to knock Sandow as he was an exciting prospect at the time but he left us for Parra who were willing to pay him $600k a season. No thanks. I'd prefer AR everyday of the week.

100%

doyen

Bench
We have an equivalent of SL. It's called NSW Cup!!

I just don't think it is good to watch or good for RL----AR is a master of the dribble & most other halves try their level best too. I think it's a very poor method of gaining an advantage---the numbers of tackles gained for that should be reduced to at least 2[even 1] in an attempt to encourage some open,exciting backline play.
Something needs to be done as the game has become too predictable & boring.
The Panthers displayed to a large degree how the game of RL should be played against the Dogs--the Dogs displayed how it shouldn't be played--Sths tend to play a predictable brand like the Dogs!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Consistent at what--dribbles & cross-kicks!!

Overrated!!
Plus so much better defensively.

Adam plays for 80 whereas Sandow doesn't.

Sandow has never played a final at Souths.

If AR wasn't halfback we don't win the comp Doyen.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Reynolds is fortunate to have a very good forward pack and fine backs while, Sandow had Manuokafoa, McPherson, Talanoa, Corrigan, Stapleton and Crossman.
Sandow can't tackle though.

Reynolds in all areas including his passing game which has improved is far better.

It's silly to even be discussing it tbh.

hurricane57

Juniors
Chris Sandow has speed, he was really fast over the first twenty, thirty metres, thats why he was so dangerous.
Reynolds just doesn't run as fast as any of the other half backs, wish he did but he doesn't.

rabbitohs95

Bench
The only disasvantage Reynolds has over Sandow is running and if you're a half with the skill set of Reynolds, really who cares?

The likes of Thurston and Cronk don't run much either and they're the best in the business.

Sandow can't tackle though.

Reynolds in all areas including his passing game which has improved is far better.

It's silly to even be discussing it tbh.

Bingo. Anyone who rates Sandow higher than Reynolds is kidding themselves.

Chris Sandow has speed, he was really fast over the first twenty, thirty metres, thats why he was so dangerous.
Reynolds just doesn't run as fast as any of the other half backs, wish he did but he doesn't.

Yet I clearly remember Reynolds running Sandow down over 100 when he was playing for Parra and bundling him into touch.

You guys mustn't have watched a lot of NYC over the years. At that level, Reynolds was the most complete halfback you'd want to see. Two knee reco's have probably stifled his running game since then but when he was a young bloke, he had all the toys.

Look at our results whenever he is out. Many people rate Keary as a halfback but we were rubbish with him and Walker in the halves.

Rabbits20

Immortal
DKOR you have brought back that memory when he chased him down. I loved that.

Your post is the best in this thread tbh, just 100percent spot on.

handyman2190

Bench
The only disasvantage Reynolds has over Sandow is running and if you're a half with the skill set of Reynolds, really who cares?

The likes of Thurston and Cronk don't run much either and they're the best in the business.

I dont know about that i seem to remember the first game sandow played us when at parra took an intercept and was run down by AR so when AR wants to he can motor ok

hurricane57

Juniors
Bingo. Anyone who rates Sandow higher than Reynolds is kidding themselves.

Yet I clearly remember Reynolds running Sandow down over 100 when he was playing for Parra and bundling him into touch.

You guys mustn't have watched a lot of NYC over the years. At that level, Reynolds was the most complete halfback you'd want to see. Two knee reco's have probably stifled his running game since then but when he was a young bloke, he had all the toys.

Look at our results whenever he is out. Many people rate Keary as a halfback but we were rubbish with him and Walker in the halves.

I remember Reynolds running down Sandow over about seventy metres wasn't it? in that Parra game and Sandow got grilled by the press for smiling when he got up from the tackle but. in reality, what else could Sandow do other than smile. Its a lot easier to run with out the ball then to run carrying it.

southsport

First Grade
I dont know about that i seem to remember the first game sandow played us when at parra took an intercept and was run down by AR so when AR wants to he can motor ok

Yeah that was good, and I remember afterwards that Reyno said he had never beaten Chris in the sprints at training.

doyen

Bench
Yeah that was good, and I remember afterwards that Reyno said he had never beaten Chris in the sprints at training.

We all know what Chris was like--he thought he was home & hosed but got a hell of a shock when he discovered AR so close--AR was running across field & without a ball---AR is not quick enough off the mark to race through the line though. He can generate some pace when he winds up which he showed in that chase. I would much prefer for him to be quick over 15 ms where it would truly count.

Both Sandow and AR have their separate strong points
I prefer AR any day but in saying that remember back to I think Rd 3 2015 when we had won the grand Final,world Club Challenge and Nines everyone thought we were still unbeatable till we played the Eels in Rd 3
Chris Sandow single handed lye tore a new asshole in our defence every single time he touched the ball
He single handed lay destroyed us and our confidence with a master class I will never forget
Surely others remember this, it was the beginning of the end of our dominance

rabbitohs95

Bench
No great loss ..... Good luck to him though

Yeah I hope he does well. Just a shame his chances with us were with a depleted team.

Told you and alien it was coming lol.

Yeah but there was that rumour that he was going to the Dogs for a while, but it seemed pretty legless. Just kinda came out of nowhere.
Off to the dogs is the rumour

Hopefully he can find a spot wherever he goes. I think the Dogs could use him considering they've got Rona and Perrett leaving, not to mention the ageing Morris twins.