What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

DiegoNT

First Grade
So when we moved on McQueen and Grant (salaries totalling about 1 million dollars) and then got Sam in for about 1 million dollars, we also couldn't spend any of the Luke or Stewart money because Sam used up that money too? Makes perfect sense.
Salaries to tallying a million? Grant was widely thought to be on 350k and mcqueen similar. But here is the real kicker, we are still paying at least half of grants and mcqueens salaries! That was the cost of forcing them to move on at short notice. Even with money held over front releasing luke and stewart we were still short!

Curns13

Juniors
Salaries to tallying a million? Grant was widely thought to be on 350k and mcqueen similar. But here is the real kicker, we are still paying at least half of grants and mcqueens salaries! That was the cost of forcing them to move on at short notice. Even with money held over front releasing luke and stewart we were still short!
Both McQueen and Grant were "widely thought" to be on more than that. And I read this week that Burgess' contract is for 1.8 million over 3 years (plus lots of 3rd party payments). Now i'm pretty sure he's on more than that, but you are just making it up if you are saying Sam's contract costs the same as Stewart, Luke, Grant and McQueen. I'd love to see a source confirm that.

DiegoNT

First Grade
As much as stewart, luke (-cook), mcqueen (half of which we are still paying), grant (half of which we are still paying).

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think this year Sam Burgess is the most overrated player in the NRL
We can't just blame SAM though.

Cody can't tackle, has lapses in concentration. Poor errors in between signs of absolute brilliance.

AJ has gone backwards at such a quick rate.

Gray doesn't care at all with body language. He can't tackle. His positioning is poor.

Murphy is shite.

Tyrrell is shite.

Siolo is shite.

Oldfield isn't up to it. Poor positioning and poor defence. Doesn't get involved much.

Turner's strength was defence and now he struggles to tackle. He offers nothing.

Reynolds well it's hard when your forwards are the second worst at making metres in the comp.

McInnes is a NSW Cup player.

Brown is a loose cannon who turns up only when he feels like it.

Musgrove, Crichton, Gosiewski will have a chance this pre season to show what they've got. All 3 have quite a few faults though which they have to try and improve on as they develop.

It's just a mess.

I reckon Tom probably won't be with the club next year too.

Curns13

Juniors
As much as stewart, luke (-cook), mcqueen (half of which we are still paying), grant (half of which we are still paying).
Stewart was on about 600k according to the Sydney Morning Herald, lets say for arguements sake (and unless you have contacts with the club you really don't know) that Grant and McQueen cost just 700k and we are indeed paying half of that (of which i have not seen any confirmed reports, have you got one?) then that there covers Sam's deal. Depending on the reports you read that might cover more than Sam's deal. So Bully's contract (less Cook's) isn't being used on Sam at all. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

CAFPOW

Juniors
We should look to sign Kato Ottio

Big, Tall, Fast, Got ball skills, Can tackle and Runs hard. Uh.. No. Not the type Souths would
want to sign. We need wingers who stops a meter from the line, spins around like Top while
looking for a team mate to pass to.

Rsag85

Bench
Big, Tall, Fast, Got ball skills, Can tackle and Runs hard. Uh.. No. Not the type Souths would
want to sign. We need wingers who stops a meter from the line, spins around like Top while
looking for a team mate to pass to.

Yes your right we won a comp with that style of winger Lote

G.I.

Juniors
Musgrove, Crichton, Gosiewski will have a chance this pre season to show what they've got. All 3 have quite a few faults though which they have to try and improve on as they develop.
Thought those 3 were amongst our best today, not that thats saying much though. I actually felt sorry for them, the service they got was atrocious and gave them no chance in attack.