What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsport

First Grade
I think its great when you look at our side on the park and see all the local juniors we have developed.

This aids to the development and longevity of our great club , just got to look after them so we can deter all the poachers.

One of the reasons that AJ re-signed is that he wanted to stay with Walker and Gray.

alien

Referee
So do I. That Taupau is big headed, cocky and full of himself. I don't like him!

yeah i'm sure the souths forward pack haven't forgotten the last match between the 2 sides where taupau pushed reyno hard in the back without the ball ;-)

alien

Referee
I think its great when you look at our side on the park and see all the local juniors we have developed.

This aids to the development and longevity of our great club , just got to look after them so we can deter all the poachers.

yeah the way they are doing it is smart. keep the best of your juniors and complement them with some other quality players from outside. the quality players from outside doesn't even have to be rep players, for example, brown

Rabbits20

Immortal

Agree it's so good to see.

We develop high quality juniors who become great NRL players.

Madge has said over the years that the juniors coming up will be very important in keeping the club successful and having a positive culture plus pushing along the older guys in our team to keep performing and giving great leadership on and off the field.

Rabbits20

Immortal
yeah i'm sure the souths forward pack haven't forgotten the last match between the 2 sides where taupau pushed reyno hard in the back without the ball ;-)

Yep I clearly remember that!

The refs pretended they didn't see it. Should have been a penalty but the idiot refs called play on.

Rabbits20

Immortal
yeah the way they are doing it is smart. keep the best of your juniors and complement them with some other quality players from outside. the quality players from outside doesn't even have to be rep players, for example, brown

Brown who the tiger fools said was shit! Lol:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is just he needed a very good coach not the crap coaching they give:lol:

alien

Referee
Brown who the tiger fools said was shit! Lol:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is just he needed a very good coach not the crap coaching they give:lol:

they have also underestimated austin, fifita, korobete lately too! lol

Miagi

Juniors

Exactly, its good to watch when we throw the ball around getting it wide quickly totally outplays opposing defences. It was back tonight which is good as we havn't really been doing it previous games this year.

southsport

First Grade
OK, here it is, just in on another forum, the words from someone else:

This was posted on the wa**en

This is not confirmed, this is not a done deal and this is not guaranteed.

I am hearing from multiple credible sources that if a contract can be created before June 30 with the NRL approving it, Sam Burgess will return this year.

I have heard he has been told he will not be making the World Cup team and has spoken of his desire to return to Souths.

There is ALOT happening behind the scenes to get him here, I personally don't know how on earth we could fit him in.

I certainly wouldn't put my house on it, but if I hear anymore I will update you all.

Stay Tuned

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
OK, here it is, just in on another forum, the words from someone else:

This was posted on the wa**en

This is not confirmed, this is not a done deal and this is not guaranteed.

I am hearing from multiple credible sources that if a contract can be created before June 30 with the NRL approving it, Sam Burgess will return this year.

I have heard he has been told he will not be making the World Cup team and has spoken of his desire to return to Souths.

There is ALOT happening behind the scenes to get him here, I personally don't know how on earth we could fit him in.

I certainly wouldn't put my house on it, but if I hear anymore I will update you all.

Stay Tuned

Cheers for that Southsport, I really appreciate it mate so thanks again.

Getting rid of McQueen would be a start, that's 300k.

Getting rid of Clark is about 180k.

It's a difficult situation if there is some truth to this.

Well Glenn Stewart gets 600k to sit on the sideline which is a waste!

Maybe Souths will say to Sam we can fit you in next year but not for the rest of this year which gives the club time to make tough decisions.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
Cheers for that Southsport, I really appreciate it mate so thanks again.

Getting rid of McQueen would be a start, that's 300k.

Getting rid of Clark is about 180k.

It's a difficult situation if there is some truth to this.

Well Glenn Stewart gets 600k to sit on the sideline which is a waste!

I thought it was Ben Te'o, apparently he approached the club for a contract.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well, we don't know for sure yet, but the media will be all over this now so we will see.

I just hope it doesn't affect our on field performances if it's true. We are starting to close in on top 4.

Madge doesn't like extra attention from the media at all. It's up the top of his hate list.

Internally at the club just in general things could go crazy if any of this is true.

Oh well we will wait and see.....................

Rabbits20

Immortal
If you guys didn't know Souths were chasing a back up hooker and going after Cameron King. He's signed with Cowboys but they have 5 hookers up there, the other 4 are Granville, Kostjasyn, Thompson and Mitchell.

Now Souths are going after Apisai Koraisau too. If rumours are true Api is our no.1 choice target followed by our no.2 choice King.

Where this could possibly leave McInnes placed in all of this I don't know?

Achillies

Juniors
The nrl would probably place a value of 600k on Sams contract. The contract period is from November to October which means a contract for the rest of this season would be for only 4 months or so. We'd need around 200k worth of cap room to make it happen.

alien

Referee
i would love sammy boi back this year, but i thought he actually was selected in the english rugby squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts