What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Very nice win that one which keeps us well on track.

They did exactly what I hoped putting last week behind them and putting a string away performance in.

There wasn't a bad player and we were clearly the better team. The attack is humming along which is great with strike weapons across the park.

Defensively it was a lot better than last week but I still find us a bit "leaky" so we need to tighten that up. The halves especially need keep their shape as they made defensive errors on two tries. Their first try was a joke and won't even bother mentioning it. When the big games come though the likes of penrith and storm are going to find ways to limit us to 20 and under and we need to be able to do the same to them.

I really liked Whyte at 13 and rads at 12 and think that should continue. Whyte is a taumololo type lock and wrecked havoc all game. Rads seemed to thrive with a more focused role punching holes all game and not having to worry about ball playing.

3 teddy
2 Manu
1 Whyte

Could give points to many others including suallii, rads, young, Angus, JWH, May, Cheese, leniu etc.

Cowboys next at home and a win there sets us up perfectly with a bye after that. We will lose a few more than I anticipated for origin. We will see tonight but I anticipate teddy, crighton, collins and suali'i at minimum and Leniu seems a chance too. Depending on what happens with Hynes, Keary must be ina consideration also. Cowboys will be missing a few too so we should be able to get the job done.

Valheru

Coach
Results fell our way this week too with Brisbane and dolphins losing. Storm and sharks losing helps too.

That tightens the ladder up. Taking in to account the bye we are 4th ahead of dolphins.

H.H

Juniors
3 - Whyte
2 - Ted
1 - Rads

The Whyte at 13 call is very interesting and basically confirms that old style of attack is done. Thought he was tremendous.

Rads at backrow also keeps him a little fresher and the benefits were obvious to see with his leg speed etc causing all sorts of issues. Interested to see how he goes defensively when tested by a quality side throwing numbers at him etc.

Overall, very pleased with that but yes Val, we'll need to tighten right up against the elite teams.

Ch1ckenMan

Juniors
3- Whyte - showed why he is in the Top 30
2- Sir Ted- playing for origin spot…. Shame Madge is ageist
3 - Keary - must of had a good game as he made the blues squad….

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Teddy. New South Wales loss is our gain.
2. Whyte
1. Kez

im tipping our dramatic improvement in attack this year can be credited with Holbrook’s appointment. A masterful signing by the club.

3. Whyte
2. Teddy
1. Suaalii

Every player deserved points tbh. Loving our attack but missing the Bondi Wall. All in all we’re shaping up nicely as the season progresses.

I’m probably alone here but I’m glad Teddy missed out on Origin. He’s getting on and should be devoting the rest of his career to the club and he’ll be fresher come finals.

Valheru

Coach
3. Whyte
2. Teddy
1. Suaalii

Every player deserved points tbh. Loving our attack but missing the Bondi Wall. All in all we’re shaping up nicely as the season progresses.

I’m probably alone here but I’m glad Teddy missed out on Origin. He’s getting on and should be devoting the rest of his career to the club and he’ll be fresher come finals.
Should have just been handled way better IMO

Deserves at minimum the respect of a phone call a week ago and given the opportunity to "retire" from rep footy on his own.

Lambretta

First Grade
I scored this game for a podcast I do and this are the minuses and pluses I kept for the players while I watched
Teddy 3
Crichton 2
Whyte 1
What the scoring shows is just how balanced the team is, with few players standing out.

This has been a feature of Roosters performances over the past month

Attachments

• 20240529_191527.jpg
    20240529_191527.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 2