What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAIDERS ARMY 2005

woodgers

Bench
Hey guys.

Just back from my brief meeting with a member of Management at HQ. There is not much information that I can give at this point as nothing is final. It looks as though the East Stand may not be an option for the coming season due to management thinking the bowl is a far better way to go due to the visual aspect, building numbers and also noise(?).

The rough plan would be $100 for a season ticket, adult or concession, that would get you in to 12 matches. My dodgy calculations make that $8.33 a match which is pretty good considering. They had not come up with a price for the East Stand as they would like to try the new idea. We did not talk about areas or bays however I would presume Bay 66 as with the Souths game. The ticket would not include the members merchandise, instead they would be looking to get a sponsor for the Army and get them to pay for shirts in the coming year with the business logo on there somewhere.

I know a few people have expressed an interest in joining us next year so if people can refresh my memory below, that would be great. The bowl thing has the potential to be good but we will need to increase numbers a fair amount to get a decent amount of noise going (having said that we were really good at the final vs Rorters and we were not under a roof)

Therefore as with previous years I would ask that anyone who has any friends or mates who would be interested in this type of thing do their best at drumming up numbers. The bigger the better and the more fun and atmosphere you get. Think outside the square as well, I got a guy from Hong Kong to come to the Melbourne home final in 2003 which was his first game. He loved it so much he got a season ticket this year and only missed 2 games, so neutrals might like it as well. They don't need to purchase a season but if people get in touch with me I may be able to arrange these type of people cheap or free tickets for round 1 or something with an option to get a $100 ticket later.

Another benefit is that often you get the chance to do things that a lot of other fans miss out on, for example Trips to trials, Fundraising events where players attend, Trips away to different stadiums that often end up as big nights out as well. I am in the process at looking to get a Raiders Army summer get together at a one day cricket match. I have met guys this year who I have become great mates with that I didn't know 8 months ago.

We all sit on here and talk about the Raiders daily so I KNOW there are passionate fans who want to do anything to help their club. This is your chance. I managed to get 30 people last year so anything is possible. I will give out more details as they come through.

One more thing....WE ARE THE.........

hrundi99

First Grade
I know I've already bought my passes for next year but suffice to say I will be moving around to sit with the SGB/Army and so will the wife.

She wasn't a fan of the stand because of the cool draft but this will be fine.

Thanks Woodgers. I admire your passion.

2005 is going to be great.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bay56

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
I know I've already bought my passes for next year but suffice to say I will be moving around to sit with the SGB/Army and so will the wife.

ha, leaving the famous bay 56 ... you swine :lol: :lol: :lol:

great job Woodgers :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I think your ticket should be free, champ.

more people like you and less of those who continually .. err errr ... yeah anyway great job :lol: :lol:.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Bloody hell, if the people who were part of it last year retain their tickets and we can continue to get new members, we could be looking at 50+ members next year :)

woodgers

Bench
Stuff the 50 figure, the skys the limit!
Agree. No more 'scoreboard' end. It will now be known as the Kop end :lol: :lol: . Anything over 50 to start with would be great.

woodgers

Bench
What happens at the ground - stays at the ground.
@bruce that is a great sig. Should be more of it.

i might get to a few games
ahh, but are you and your buddies going to get the $100 season ticket if that is the way we decide to go? It may be the smarter option because even if you don't attend all the games at Bruce you will get in to the away games in Sydney for $8 and also get the T-Shirt that the sponsors will provide. Also, to sit with us at Bruce it costs $18 from memory for the inner bowl ticket so you will be behind the 8 ball if you attend more than 5 out of the 12 games.

woodgers

Bench
i've been lazy with renewing my membership, but count me in for this one

Be lazy at this stage. I have another important meeting next Tuesday so don't bother paying for a ticket yet. Besides, I have told the club that the Army won't be paying fees until after christmas.

This season is building into something quite special. I reckon we have over 50 before the season begins which is wonderful. I will give details of next Tuesday's meeting that evening. I will be in touch with those that have indicated they are keen shortly.

Cheers.......We are the.....

woodgers

Bench
O.K hombres.

I have said it before and i'll say it again - PLEASE HOLD OFF BUYING YOUR SEASON TICKET! Jason is going to get back to us on a few issues in regards to our ticketing for the coming season. I will pass them on ASAP but rest assured that we are sorting through a few things that have an effect on the coming year.

Just out of interest, we came up with an idea to raise a few more numbers before the start of the year by having a 'Raiders Army' function possibly at HQ (end of January). The club is looking to get as many people there as possible to help get our numbers up, there is even talk that it may be given some air time on 104.7. Just out of interest, who would be willing to attend this event? The club could organise players to mingle and for signings, possibly even a game of touch vs the players as well. It would be a BBQ lunch also. This has a chance to go ahead and make us bigger in numbers BUT we will need GUARENTEED numbers. If the club were to organise something and they got 20 people to rock up, it would make our marketing look terrible and never consider helping us organise an event again. I would also like to see the SGB representation, possibly bring a few banners etc.

Who would be keen and also does anyone have any other ideas for entertainment at the event?

P.S. I am shocked. On my list for 2005 season tickets, I see no stallwarts like Jed, Thickos + Missus, even 69! For shame. :D

Latest posts