What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAIDERS ARMY 2005

thickos

First Grade
woodgers that sounds great - I would definitely be in for that (of course it is a fair while down the track so I can't guarantee it).

The better half and myself vary in our ability to get down to Canberra for games - I got down to 7 this season while the li'l lady got down for 3 or 4. I would be keen to sit with the army when we are down there - however she feels the cold considerably so seating is a primary concern for us.

No matter where we get tickets I will wander around and say hi. 8)

jed

First Grade
woodgers said:
P.S. I am shocked. On my list for 2005 season tickets, I see no stallwarts like Jed, Thickos + Missus, even 69! For shame. :D

I'll definitely be sitting with you all next season, I'm just not sure at this stage whether my season ticket for 2004 was renewed for '05.

Raider_69

Post Whore
woodgers said:
P.S. I am shocked. On my list for 2005 season tickets, I see no stallwarts like Jed, Thickos + Missus, even 69! For shame. :D

Im not sure how many games ill be able to get too, im hopefully gettin a new job that i dont have to work weekends, if that happens then ill get my P's and a car ill be at a fair few

if one of those goes horribly wrong i will miss some, im hoping to make it down for 3 canberra games at the least :)
and hopefully all possible sydney game

When i get down to canberra me and ben cross banner will be sittin with the Army for sure

DJ Raida

Bench
yeah its kinda hard to get to the canberra games but i should make a few i spose, depends who can give me a lift ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
DJ Raida said:
yeah its kinda hard to get to the canberra games but i should make a few i spose, depends who can give me a lift ;-)
ill give ya a lift!
then throw your ass out half way down the high way :lol:

Raider Ultra

Bench
If you can't drive book the Murrays Internet tickets in advance, they're only $10 each way, or something ridiculous like that. Plus you can stay in Civic for under $30 a night.

woodgers

Bench
The better half and myself vary in our ability to get down to Canberra for games - I got down to 7 this season while the li'l lady got down for 3 or 4. I would be keen to sit with the army when we are down there - however she feels the cold considerably so seating is a primary concern for us.

Hopefully the cold won't be as big an issue as in the past. The Marketing have requested Sunday games rather than Saturday night. Research has shown that even our season ticket holders stay away from some of those 7:30pm games due to the fact it is Iceland at Bruce during that time in Winter. It also makes it difficult for our supporters from the Riverina and South Coast to make the trek if they so desire so hopefully the draw will be kind and the crowds accomodated a little more.

I will also need to find out if season ticket holders get the $8 away tickets in 05. If they do, DJ Raida and 69 you guys would be crazy not to buy a season ticket because you will save yourself money on Sydney games alone. You could also then have bragging rights to your mates that you are a season ticket holder and member of your club :D

Bay56

First Grade
C'mon Woodgers ..... cold on a Sat night .... I love the night games and aint no cold keeps me away .... plus when your team is doing well you dont even feel the cold .... err, yeah :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider Ultra said:
If you can't drive book the Murrays Internet tickets in advance, they're only $10 each way, or something ridiculous like that. Plus you can stay in Civic for under $30 a night.

geez, didnt know it could be that cheap!!

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Raider Ultra said:

you have to book 30 days in advance and there are limited seats available

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
Raider_69 said:
Raider Ultra said:

thats alright. I can handle that, hopefully it wont come to that thou and ill have myself a car :D

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Bay56 said:
Raider_69 said:
Raider Ultra said:

thats alright. I can handle that, hopefully it wont come to that thou and ill have myself a car :D

for $20 return you may as well leave the car at home ... that only leaves the problem of accomodation .... no I dont have an extra bed :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
Raider_69 said:
Bay56 said:
Raider_69 said:
Raider Ultra said:

for $20 return you may as well leave the car at home ... that only leaves the problem of accomodation .... no I dont have an extra bed :lol:

Its alright bay, you can have the couch and ill entertain Mrs. Bay for the night ;-) :lol: :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
woodgers said:
O.K hombres.

I have said it before and i'll say it again - PLEASE HOLD OFF BUYING YOUR SEASON TICKET! Jason is going to get back to us on a few issues in regards to our ticketing for the coming season. I will pass them on ASAP but rest assured that we are sorting through a few things that have an effect on the coming year.

Just out of interest, we came up with an idea to raise a few more numbers before the start of the year by having a 'Raiders Army' function possibly at HQ (end of January). The club is looking to get as many people there as possible to help get our numbers up, there is even talk that it may be given some air time on 104.7. Just out of interest, who would be willing to attend this event? The club could organise players to mingle and for signings, possibly even a game of touch vs the players as well. It would be a BBQ lunch also. This has a chance to go ahead and make us bigger in numbers BUT we will need GUARENTEED numbers. If the club were to organise something and they got 20 people to rock up, it would make our marketing look terrible and never consider helping us organise an event again. I would also like to see the SGB representation, possibly bring a few banners etc.

Who would be keen and also does anyone have any other ideas for entertainment at the event?

I got my usual ticket in the Mal Stand, so I guess this rules me out!

greeneyed

First Grade
Bay56 said:
C'mon Woodgers ..... cold on a Sat night .... I love the night games and aint no cold keeps me away .... plus when your team is doing well you dont even feel the cold .... err, yeah :)

Since I came back from living overseas for a few years in 1995, I have never missed a home game. No matter how cold. I even went to Manuka Oval when we got transferred away!

thickos

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Bay56 said:

Since I came back from living overseas for a few years in 1995, I have never missed a home game. No matter how cold. I even went to Manuka Oval when we got transferred away!

Come on mate, Manuka is across town. What about us poor Sydney-siders who do the 600 km round trip! :p

I acutally love the cold Sat night games... we might as well exploit that advantage. Love the beanies, gloves, scarves, the cold night air and singing yourself hoarse.

Then again it is about bums on seats so maybe in those middle season rounds, Sunday should be the go. But until May, keep the night games.

Latest posts