What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAIDERS ARMY 2005

woodgers

Bench
Happy New Year All

The last time I went to Campbeltown I was under the impression that shoes and a full set of teeth were banned as well.

Raider_69

Post Whore
woodgers said:
Happy New Year All

The last time I went to Campbeltown I was under the impression that shoes and a full set of teeth were banned as well.

my old man used to work there
he refered to it as the land of 6 toes

hey guys first post in about 5 months. Now living in Melbourne(hole) but was keen on a season pass as i'll drive up the hume H/way every second weekend and i'll fly to sydney every now and again to c family and the raiders. Actually i just bought a trumpet and am learning now. might have to learn the Great Escape for the army.

woodgers

Bench
Good stuff Brad. Commitment goes a long way with me and if you learn the great escape you will not be paying for beers.

Remember Ultra:

His name is Phil Graham
He wears a magic hat
And when he sees the tryline
He says I'm crossing that
He scores em on the left side
He scores em on the right
And when he plays the Tigers
He scores all bloody night.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Change it to Phillip Graham and it rhymes better ;-) . Me and Woody were discussing songs for the army next season at Moosies last night, until I dropped my beer on some blokes leg.

woodgers

Bench
Me and Woody were discussing songs for the army next season at Moosies last night, until I dropped my beer on some blokes leg.
I thought that would work better. He probably only gets called Phillip by his Granny though.

Mooseheads? the guy probably had his leg on the table. Did you blokes get into another dust up?

jed

First Grade
woodgers said:
Me and Woody were discussing songs for the army next season at Moosies last night, until I dropped my beer on some blokes leg.
I thought that would work better. He probably only gets called Phillip by his Granny though.

Mooseheads? the guy probably had his leg on the table. Did you blokes get into another dust up?

He's always listed in NRL publications as "Philip", I don't know why, the fans all seem to like "Phil"

Sully

Juniors
Brad...

Huge effort mate but be careful driving.

About Melb being a HOLE??? Mate head to the tennis, or anywhere else it kicks down there. :) Where do you live? Port Melb?? Sth Yarra??

woodgers

Bench
Alright you lot. Anyone getting a ticket with us needs to go ahead and purchase it ASAP. I told the club that we were not buying before Christmas however that is well and truely over now and they called me on Friday. I suggest people do it as quickly as possible because the people who got in late last season and missed the cutoff ended up with a season ticket with a sticker with their name on the back. Also, those cards had no barcode so they were given a bunch of 12 paper tickets which they had to take along to each individual match, it was inconveinient to say the least.

REMEMBER: YOU NEED TO SPECIFY RAIDERS ARMY, BAY 72. THIS IS CRITICAL

I saw your post about the banners Ben Meyer. Are you getting a ticket as well? Is it just you? The more the merrier.

Also, if you do purchase your seat can you PLEASE PM me. I will mark you off the spreadsheet making it less work for me to follow up everyone!!!!

This is the final call. If you know anyone who may be interested, get them along. I've said it before and i'll say it again: Your club needs support now. Not in 5 years when they may be flying high, this year is crucial.

Not long now.....We are the......

BAY72

Juniors
I should be down in Canberra next weekend and will get my tickets then.

1 each for my self and Lee, and I have the money for aaron's ticket as well.

We really need to find out what's happening with sponsorship and shirt design from the club, cause i still havn't heard anything from the.

Once again they have been a major disappointment, and forced use to do everything ourselves last minute. :evil:

jed

First Grade
Bay25 has put forward this image, what does everyone think?

RaidersArmylogo.jpg

Raider Ultra

Bench
I'll ring the club tomorrow and get mine sorted. I've got an idea for a design that I'll post tomorrow, if I get out of bed early enough.

thickos

First Grade
I like Bay25's effort. Looks good, I think it needs a title though, 'RAIDERS ARMY' written in a banner underneath it or something.

woodgers

Bench
I received an email from RaidersMalt this morning in regards to Bay25's design. He said that it would look really good if it said Raider Army underneath in MASH style writing or Platoon maybe.

One point which I did not think of before Malt mentioned it this morning is the colours on the helmet. While they look good on the computer, will they come up looking good on a T-Shirt. All things need to be considered.

Raiders Ultra sent me an email saying that he had an idea that he was going to work on this morning. Now the comp is heating up!!!!

BAY72

Juniors
at the moment it's just a logo,
I need to know what people think, before I spend more time on something thats not going to get flown.

I'll work on a M*A*S*H style or Platoon style Raiders Army title to go with it.

thanx for the input.

"the colours on the helmet"
I have been thinking about this myself and have come to the conclusion that once we have a design it all gomes down to how the Shirt Printers can print it and of corse how much we are willing to pay.

last year our design was altered slightly to accomodate both these things, and am working on the same thing happening again.

for now I just want to see what people can do and what Ideas they have to put forward.

as you all know the footy season is just round the corner and we are getting to the critical stage when we need to know what design we are going to use so we can get them printed. so keep those ideas coming.

cheers

WE ARE THE...

greeneyed

First Grade
To be honest, and this is coming from someone not in the Army...... I think there should be an attempt to avoid any obvious militaristic images. It just isn't a good look, while we have soldiers out there risking their lives for real in what are effectively war zones, if they aren't officially ATM.

Why not just have some simple Raiders images..... I know it is a bit of a funny comment...... Raiders being Viking warriors etc... but, the links to modern armies... real ones... I just don't think it is a good look for a group of football supporters.

Just my opinion.....

Latest posts