What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders "army"

We had a few what i call REAL SUPPORTERS near us. They continually chanted for the green machine right thru the game even tho they could see they were fighting a losing battle, I was disappointed by the size of the army tho.

What was the score again 70-32:clap: :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
Mate, go jump. We will stick by our team no matter what from here. We are Raiders fans here. We chanted for the Raiders through the game. We will go for them no matter what. Go jump.

woodgers

Bench
medievilknight said:
What a pityfull lot u r, when ur team is "under siege" u r conspicuous by ur quietness. We had a few what i call REAL SUPPORTERS near us. They continually chanted for the green MACHINE :lol: :lol: right thru the game even tho they could see they were fighting a losing battle.

Raider 69 and The Green Machine are u going to come out from under ur logs now or lay low till the dust settles :lol:

What was the score again 70-32

The Army was pretty ordinary yesterday because there were about 25 blokes coming off the back of my bucks weekend and there were some very rough heads.

What I am trying to work out is who these fans were near you that were chanting because I couldn't hear them, I heard f**k all out of the Knights fans too and they put 70 on us away!

Do you feel good though now Medievil? You drove all the way home 5 hours away, jumped on your computer and gave crap to a bunch of supporters from the safety of computer. Forget the Knights, you are the real hero here:clap:

Next time big man, forget the computer and come and talk to me face to face. I'll be more than happy to continue the discussion. In the mean time I will be satisfied knowing that the 'Raiders Army' are so bad that every other week we get supporters like you coming on here to talk about how much better you are.....if we are no good, why does everyone know who we are?

You're a pissant mate...and you probably don't even do that well

RABK

Referee
I'll say this.

Credit to Raider69 and Jed, they came over and said G'day - things like that is always appreciated and it just proves that banter and arguments on a forum are one thing but out there on game day were all there for the same reason - to cheer on our team.

Dissapointed in your army's numbers, i must say i thought you guys would fill half a bay or something, perhaps i got the wrong impression about how large your group is or perhaps you did have a big contigent recovering from a previous nights night out. But i can't deny your passion, while canberra fans on the whole are fickle and lack the passion of most other fans the 20 blokes sitting up in bay 72 yesterday made more noise then the other 8,000 canberra supporters put together there so kudos to them.

I thought they had some great chants and they've obviously been doing it for a while, all in unison and tune. WHile i may have ripped in to you blokes a fair bit, fact is were on the same page - just different teams. There is definetly respect there. Raiders Army - Good sh*t. :clap:

I'll be happy to come over and return the favour if the army makes the trip up to EAS. In the end it's passion that people like us display that truly makes RL what it is, aks any player or administrator that and they will tell you as much.

Just on the game, i wouldn't take too much from it. To be honest we are a top 4 team...the Tigers would have copped the same treatment. You had 7 or 8 blokes out so we aren't going to take much away from the game except the two points. You'll be back, just need a break with injuries. We've been lucky enough to recieve a semi break from them. And it's not like you were anywhere near your best with the players you had - Smith, Croker, Woolford, Withers etc all had bad day at the offices.

And you were right, Zilleman (sp) is an absolute gun. All the best for the rest of the season.

PrideKnight

Bench
I Will give the army this: They had decent numbers and they were loud. But guys, the clapping drowns out all the words of your chants...most of what you say was completely unintelligible.

What was also severely disappointing was to see how few of you turned up to support your lower grades, and even worse how many of you left before fulltime, if i'm not mistaken you also lost some at half time.

True supporters (which you all purport to be) stay till the bitter end, and still cheer and clap your team off field (i noticed in another thread someone suggested they didnt deserve it) they ALWAYS deserve it, if we can still cheer our boys off after a 50-nil flogging to parra, you still can after at least having them score some points, we never left before full time once last year after our asses were handed to us 13 times over, we always clapped em off too.

And i repeat jamies sentiments, it was very decent of jed and R69 to come over and say gday, it shows that this jibing on here is just that, a rile up to get each other fired up and psyched for the game

Raider Ultra

Bench
It was the first Raiders game I've left before full time. Number one, because the players out there were a disgrace to the shirt, and secondly, I felt like death incarnate (I still do).

Paullyboy

Coach
In fairness to the army leaving early I think its reasonable, as after all - that wasnt rugby league being played yesterday, it was just glorified touch football. And the army support a rugby league team.

woodgers

Bench
Cheers for the comments and constructive assessment of the Raiders Army by the decent Knights fans who posted in here. Good luck for the rest of the season and I for one will do my best to get to EAS for the next meeting. I hope like hell that Joey stays fit for the year, firstly because I don't mind the Knights and secondly that I want to see QLD get crushed like the proverbial paper cup again!

I note that MedievilKnight only came back in to edit his original post.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
This isnt a cheap shot at the Raiders army what I'm about to say. I went to the game yesterday and to be honest, I was very disappointed with the turnout that u guys had. They posted 11,000 as the crowd figure, but if there were actually 11,000 in the ground, then i'm a monkey's uncle. Of those "supposed" 11,000 I dare say there were about 3-4,000 Knights fans. Take us out, and u have a crowd of just 7,000 for your first home game of the year.

Not only was it your first home game of the year, but u beat a team who many think are going to hav a good year this year in Manly the previous week. If you only get btwn 7 and 8,000 after a win against a team like Manly, what sort of crowds will you get if you hav a year like we did last year?

woodgers

Bench
Being a Public service town during a long weekend doesn't help (today is a Public Holiday due to Canberra day). I work for the government and can say for a fact almost all people take what is called a 'flex' day when we have a long weekend to give them a minimum of 4 days off. This place is a ghost town on any long weekend and the thickest traffic you can experience here is people trying to get out of here on a Thursday or Friday night on a long weekend.

The next crowd against Penrith in 2 weeks will tell the story but with the Raiders being thumped and the Brumbies going along quite well, we might struggle to get 10K to that game.

Not much us Army guys and girls can do but keep turning up and supporting them. We gave the Raiders Management a detailed list of things that we think your average supporter would like in order to get them to the stadium, what they do with it is up to them.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yeah the long weekend thing probably didn't help, but I would have thought there would have been a bit more interest in the game, even if it was a long weekend. As I said, don't forget that u comprehensively beat Manly the previous week, or doesn't that count for anything with the majority of Raiders fans?

On the game though, you guys didn't play too badly to be honest. It was one of those days where everything we tried came off. The last try to Carmont was a perfect example of that with Zillman having every bounce of the ball covered bar the one that actually happened. Every team has at least one or two of those days a year. Ours just happened to be yesterday.

On Zillman, he looked quite sharp. He's got a lot of pace off the mark and for him to be breathing down Schifcofske's neck can only be a good thing. The best thing for u guys is to erase that performance from the memory bank and go and move forward to next week.

Leethal

Juniors
Remember, there are 150,000 more people in Newcastle and the Raiders are in direct competition with the Brumbies who are doing well. The Raiders will never get crowds like you do at EAS.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I spose we are one of a kind aren't we. Rugby league is a bloody religion up here :p

We did the best we could, hard to get pumped up with chants though when your getting done 64-26, but most of us stayed until the very end, can't blame people for leaving early though, when you pay to watch your team play footy and see that, it'snot the best feeling...

Raider Ultra

Bench
The singing from the Army was the worst I'd witnessed in 3 years. Even when it was close in the first half we were terrible, we will be a million times better at Aussie, I'll see to that myself.

woodgers said:
I note that MedievilKnight only came back in to edit his original post.

In the light of day I see that I may have gone overboard with my original post, but I am still disappointed that there was not a better turnout of army members.
I think that ur team will have lots better games in the rest of the premiership, and also will play heaps better.Yesterday was just one of those days where everything we touched or tried turned to gold.
Best of luck for the rest of the season

Panjabi

Juniors
Canberra's biggest race meet the Black Opal was also on yesterday, a few punters would of opted to go there instead.

woodgers

Bench
medievilknight said:
In the light of day I see that I may have gone overboard with my original post, but I am still disappointed that there was not a better turnout of army members.
I think that ur team will have lots better games in the rest of the premiership, and also will play heaps better.Yesterday was just one of those days where everything we touched or tried turned to gold.
Best of luck for the rest of the season

Well at least you were good enough to come back in and explain yourself. Good luck this year and next week against the Dogs. I hope you guys win the football match as well :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
I'll say this.

Credit to Raider69 and Jed, they came over and said G'day - things like that is always appreciated and it just proves that banter and arguments on a forum are one thing but out there on game day were all there for the same reason - to cheer on our team.

Dissapointed in your army's numbers, i must say i thought you guys would fill half a bay or something, perhaps i got the wrong impression about how large your group is or perhaps you did have a big contigent recovering from a previous nights night out. But i can't deny your passion, while canberra fans on the whole are fickle and lack the passion of most other fans the 20 blokes sitting up in bay 72 yesterday made more noise then the other 8,000 canberra supporters put together there so kudos to them.

I thought they had some great chants and they've obviously been doing it for a while, all in unison and tune. WHile i may have ripped in to you blokes a fair bit, fact is were on the same page - just different teams. There is definetly respect there. Raiders Army - Good sh*t. :clap:

I'll be happy to come over and return the favour if the army makes the trip up to EAS. In the end it's passion that people like us display that truly makes RL what it is, aks any player or administrator that and they will tell you as much.

Just on the game, i wouldn't take too much from it. To be honest we are a top 4 team...the Tigers would have copped the same treatment. You had 7 or 8 blokes out so we aren't going to take much away from the game except the two points. You'll be back, just need a break with injuries. We've been lucky enough to recieve a semi break from them. And it's not like you were anywhere near your best with the players you had - Smith, Croker, Woolford, Withers etc all had bad day at the offices.

cheers mate
was good to say g'day and put some faces to the names, even you ;-) :p

Latest posts