What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Coach - the odds?

jed

First Grade
Leethal said:
Add Brian Noble to the list of potential coaches. He's done alright in the ESL hasn't he?
5 Grand Finals in 5 years, 3 premierships.

Plus he's the current Great Britain coach. He's also said that he'd like to move to the NRL one day.

I'd rather he remains with the Bulls though ;-)

jed

First Grade
I wasn't saying that as a Raiders fan, as a Bulls fan I don't want to lose him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
id be saying it as both i were you

Bulls do well with him coaching in a lesser comp and canberra cant afford to take a risk on another ESL super coach

edabomb

First Grade
Jed sure loves to talk up the ESL *whippish*.

BTW, maybe we should sign Dennis Moran, did big things in the ESL remember :lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
yeah what is with jed's constant whacking it to the ESL comp? is it because it gets you in DB's good books?

Raider_69

Post Whore
IMO we should sign Brad Drew, he carves the ESL up, even a 90 metre try
surely he'd go alright as a halfback for the raiders!!:oops:

jed

First Grade
Leethal suggested Noble, I was saying no. I didn't bring the ESL into it.

Although if we did get him, I'd be more than happy.

And Azz, check with Ed, he's been given confirmation that there's nothing between me and DB ;-)

Leethal

Juniors
Gimme Anderson. We need a cranky bugger that'll deliver a few rockets when required.

Matt Elliott is far too nice a bloke............

SOULS 04

Juniors
i wont be happy with any of the coaches that have made it into the media spotlight as the next coach of the raiders

paulquinn49

Bench
Meanwhile, Parramatta's Brian Smith has told friends he will not quit rugby league and plans to continue coaching for a 24th successive season in 2007.

It's understood Smith is poised to shortly announce his new club possibly with English club Hull.

Canberra has ruled out recruiting Smith while Newcastle is understood to not be an option.
Hull coach John Kear's contract expires after this season and the club is stalling on a contract extension.

Smith coached Hull between 1988 and 1990 before returning to Australia to coach St George.

"I've got nothing to say," Smith told The Daily Telegraph.

"I'd prefer to keep my business to myself."

Asked was Hull an option, Smith said: "They're all options."

thickos

First Grade
WTF? They said they'd discuss signing Smith at Monday's board meeting. I don't think he's been ruled out yet...

reptar

Juniors
Yes, I think the paper just made that up.

I want this business about selecting a new coach over with soon, so we can concentrate on retaining and recruiting players for next year.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Well i know a roosters player and they say sticky ain't going anywhere....not that thats a surprise...it's looking more and more like Anderson

Chachi

Bench
According to the paper I think that quote should read "Canberra has not ruled out recruiting Smith while Newcastle is understood to not be an option"

BTW, Stuart is about a million to one to come to the Raiders next season.

SOULS 04

Juniors
none of these names excite me.... dont think any of them will make that much of a difference.

will be glad to be proven wrong though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I heard Jimmy Smith from talking sport say tonight that he had on VERY!! good authority that Anderson will be announced as coach by next week.