What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders game.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
It would be awesome to beat the Raiders. It will equal our most wins in a row of 2. How good would it be if we beat the Broncos after the Raiders to make it 3 in a row? Wishful thinking, but doable I say.
We won three in a row earlier in the year remember, Dave? Knights, Roosters and Tigers before getting our backsides handed to us by the Storm. But you're right if we can win the next 2 or 3 on the trot we will all be sitting up right for the run home.

Dragon David

First Grade
We won three in a row earlier in the year remember, Dave? Knights, Roosters and Tigers before getting our backsides handed to us by the Storm. But you're right if we can win the next 2 or 3 on the trot we will all be sitting up right for the run home.
Sorry guys, I can't count. You are right I'm Hornby we did win 3 on the trot against those teams. Well that means we need to win the next 3 to beat that run versus Raiders, Broncos and Roosters again.

mickeylane

Bench
I dont care what anyone is saying that Gold Coast game we lost w Lomax missing the 2 point sitter 10 minutes from the end could cost us a semi spot...i reckon we need another 12 points to make the 8..

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
I started off posting game threads our last 3 wins,so I'll start it again.
I didn't start it v Cows and we lost.
Hope we can kick on after the Souths win..
Raiders have a big pack but its another winnable game at the Gong, let's get the momentum going and bt them.
Up the Saints.
Need 6 wins to be safe in the top 8 at end of season...our for and against is the worst of any contenders and will only slip into the 8 if we are clear on points hence 6 more wins
Raiders at Win
Tigers at Bankwest (coin toss)
Sea Eagles at Jubilee
Cowboys at Jubilee ??
Titans at Win
Broncos at Jubilee last round

Maddragon99

Juniors
I started off posting game threads our last 3 wins,so I'll start it again.
I didn't start it v Cows and we lost.
Hope we can kick on after the Souths win..
Raiders have a big pack but its another winnable game at the Gong, let's get the momentum going and bt them.
Up the Saints.
It’s going to be a very good test for Hook & the boys. A good 80min performance & a comfortable win will show that are a genuine top 8 side but a poor performance & loss at home will show us to be pretenders.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Need 6 wins to be safe in the top 8 at end of season...our for and against is the worst of any contenders and will only slip into the 8 if we are clear on points hence 6 more wins
Raiders at Win
Tigers at Bankwest (coin toss)
Sea Eagles at Jubilee
Cowboys at Jubilee ??
Titans at Win
Broncos at Jubilee last round
Don't write us off v Broncos at Suncorp in a few weeks. They won't have any of their origin players and perhaps not Reynolds either. We will be a big chance, especially if Sullivan plays seven that game.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Alright so we're one win clear in 8th and equal on points with the rabbits who are 7th. 2 points behind us in 9th and 10th are the Chooks and Manly and the Raiders in 11th are playing tomorrow but are 4 points off the pace.

Next round Manly play the Storm, Roosters play Penrith and the Rabbits play the Eels.

All loseable games for the above teams and ours against the Raiders is a must win now.

A win for us and those games going as they should means we will be 7th and 4 points clear from 9th. Now if that isn't motivation for our fellas to hammer the Raiders I don't know what is!

For once let's see other teams chasing their tail at the end of the year with us embedded in the top 8. Like I said buckle up!!!

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
I think that 1st half was our best performance all year. But the high tempo, we can't keep up for 80 mins, so need to pace ourselves. A mix of conservative build up play, but also switch on the jets at intervals through the match.

I'm positive going into next week and hope we finish off the season stronger than the first.

Illusion

Bench
I think that 1st half was our best performance all year. But the high tempo, we can't keep up for 80 mins, so need to pace ourselves. A mix of conservative build up play, but also switch on the jets at intervals through the match.

I'm positive going into next week and hope we finish off the season stronger than the first.
What came from the Souths game for me was Hunt wasn't left to do all the attacking and setting up of plays ..... how easy is it for oppositions to know all they have to do is shut down Hunt and there will be no attack ...... With Amone , Ramsey coming into play made a big difference But in saying that if our forwards don't get over the advantage line it all comes to a halt ......

Crush

Coach
It’s great that we are in the top 8.
And this Raiders game is still two weeks away!
Hopefully Knights upset them today, just for a laugh.
However, until I see three or four games in a row with that kind of form from 1st half vs Souths, I won’t be getting excited.
It was a good half of footy against a terrible opposition with all the refs calls. Loved it but let’s not get carried away.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
What came from the Souths game for me was Hunt wasn't left to do all the attacking and setting up of plays ..... how easy is it for oppositions to know all they have to do is shut down Hunt and there will be no attack ...... With Amone , Ramsey coming into play made a big difference But in saying that if our forwards don't get over the advantage line it all comes to a halt ......

100%

We actually played like a team

justadragon

Bench
whilst im happy with the start we got against souths, in perspective they were terrible but what they also did is provide a good template to other teams in the way they played the second half. come hard at us quick play the palls and shut down hunt. early on we couldnt match it with them but eventually held them out which was good. now we must start with a high degree of intensity against the raiders, we cant allow them to get the upper hand early or we will lose this game, we dont do comebacks we havent got the capacity. im happy that amone is starting to provide a point of difference, he needs to step up now when hunt is being shutdown, this game is a must win we wont always have the luxury of starts like last game and we cant clock off either, its an 80min effort nothing less.

Dragon David

First Grade
whilst im happy with the start we got against souths, in perspective they were terrible but what they also did is provide a good template to other teams in the way they played the second half. come hard at us quick play the palls and shut down hunt. early on we couldnt match it with them but eventually held them out which was good. now we must start with a high degree of intensity against the raiders, we cant allow them to get the upper hand early or we will lose this game, we dont do comebacks we havent got the capacity. im happy that amone is starting to provide a point of difference, he needs to step up now when hunt is being shutdown, this game is a must win we wont always have the luxury of starts like last game and we cant clock off either, its an 80min effort nothing less.
It will be a tough one against the Raiders. They toughed it out and beat the Knights today at the end. A bit of luck but, they got up nonetheless. They won't be easy beats by a long stretch in 2 weeks time. I think the Raiders now move to 8th with two points to be added for their bye so in effect they are on 18 points.

Illusion

Bench
It will be a tough one against the Raiders. They toughed it out and beat the Knights today at the end. A bit of luck but, they got up nonetheless. They won't be easy beats by a long stretch in 2 weeks time. I think the Raiders now move to 8th with two points to be added for their bye so in effect they are on 18 points.
I would rather be playing them after a win than a loss ........

redv13

Bench
Ad
Add their bye and they are 16pts but we will be playing that weekend so we can negate that by winning. Must win in 2 weeks vs Canberra to open a 4pt buffer between us and them

kit66

Bench

Remember all those years since 2010 where we'd start the season well only to taper off badly in the second half of the year, so many times. Wouldn't it be great if we could mark this season down as the turning point and from a slow start really pick up momentum going into the second half of the year, learning, building combinations and becoming a more settled 17, confident and capable, and powering into the semis. It could happen. They need to find whatever spurred them in the opening 30 minutes last Thursday and bottle it.
In that opening 30 it looked to me like they wanted to play for Macca, for each other and to also stamp some authority at their home ground. I don't know what happened after that, maybe they were in shock or all that nervous energy was spent but they need to look back at that game many times and keep it in mind and most importantly do it again. Please do it again and again.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry, my maths are wrong again. Raiders are on 14 points so will be 16 points like us after their bye.