What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders lacking foresight

hrundi99

First Grade
Leethal said:
On the finance front, there are no worries there. We own 5 or 6 profitable clubs in the ACT and QLD.

True, but, how well are they going, and how fundamentally important is the funding of the Raiders to their bottom line?

It seems to me that the Raiders are run on the smell of an oily rag.

Hell, most clubs are...

Steel Dragon

Bench
I wouldve thought the Eels have made worse decisions. I read somewhere they released 10 regular first graders at the end of last year - most of whom are young rising stars.

The raiders let go several blokes - most of which are towards the twilight of their careers.

To me - the Eels have made worse decisions than the Raiders. But what do i know - i dont have a colum in the DT

Leethal

Juniors
Word has it h99, that they do alright.........;-) :D

Woodgers and Bay 72 can back me up here.

Chachi

Bench
hrundi99 said:
It seems to me that the Raiders are run on the smell of an oily rag.

Can I borrow that rag? I'll squeeze it out to do a grease and oil change for my car...and everyone else's in the suburb.

After that I'll use it to go into business. ;-)

intheknow

Juniors
Leethal said:
Word has it h99, that they do alright.........;-) :D

Woodgers and Bay 72 can back me up here.

money hasn't and wont be a problem for the raiders, they are funded by some rich junior clubs in canberra, queenbeyan blues being one of them.

IMO the reason for the Canberra bashing in the tele is because of the style of footy they played in previous seasons, that with the combination of losing experienced players.

intheknow

Juniors
peter_raiders said:
And that is Elliott's fault. But now he's become a favourite of theirs. Go figure.
spot on, he got rid of anyone with a bit of flare and wanted a mistake free team.

would love to see what he does with the panthers, players like wesser, puletua and the likes would be wasted unless he changes his style of play...

Latest posts