What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders lose plot

Lynchie

Juniors
I have to congratulate you thickos on what you wrote to Mr Hooper.
I have a feeling what you have said will make him think twice when writing about the raiders next time...well hopefully anyway ;-)

Bay56

First Grade
Lynchie said:
I have a feeling what you have said will make him think twice when writing about the raiders next time...well hopefully anyway ;-)

The only thing thats going to "make him think twice when writing about the raiders next time" is if our fortunes change both off and on the field.

Now you guys can ignore what Mt Hooper is saying, and so could I if I chose so. But no, I'm taking half of what he says on board and throwing out the rest. He brings up one or two good points.

"Players who head to the north of England over the age of 30 are generally regarded as past their use-by date in the NRL and looking for an easy retirement fund" ... I hope he is incorrect but it is a valid point and one that I concur with.

"It smacks of desperation over a recruitment and retention policy gone horribly wrong over the past three months" ... who here believes this is incorrect raise their hand.

Wake up guys and take note before this club looses all but the most loyal supporters to the real enemy ... the bumbies.

Instead of wasting your time sending a letter bagging the messenger you should have used your energies more profitably sending one to our inept management.

thickos

First Grade
Bay56 said:
Lynchie said:

The only thing thats going to "make him think twice when writing about the raiders next time" is if our fortunes change both off and on the field.

Now you guys can ignore what Mt Hooper is saying, and so could I if I chose so. But no, I'm taking half of what he says on board and throwing out the rest. He brings up one or two good points.

"Players who head to the north of England over the age of 30 are generally regarded as past their use-by date in the NRL and looking for an easy retirement fund" ... I hope he is incorrect but it is a valid point and one that I concur with.

"It smacks of desperation over a recruitment and retention policy gone horribly wrong over the past three months" ... who here believes this is incorrect raise their hand.

Wake up guys and take note before this club looses all but the most loyal supporters to the real enemy ... the bumbies.

Instead of wasting your time sending a letter bagging the messenger you should have used your energies more profitably sending one to our inept management.

Fair point, they're next :)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
There are many dual supporters of both the Raiders and the Brumbies. We don't see it as a competition down here.

Tuffnell

Juniors
It's great to see us getting bagged gangbusters again by the Sydney media :lol:

Bring it on you bastards!

Evergreen

Juniors
Walt Flanigan said:
There are many dual supporters of both the Raiders and the Brumbies. We don't see it as a competition down here.

That wool over your eyes is getting thicker Walt - the Brumbies are the ARU's puppet for converting this city into a Union stronghold. If they haven't succeeded already they are doing everything in their power to ensure it.

I understand that there are many dual supporters out there, but many of us are die-hard enough not to be sucked in by the Brumbies bandwagon. :evil: :evil:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Canberra is a city full of bandwagon supporters of both codes. All either team has to do is win games to get the crowds. It just happens that the Brumbies are a very successful club at the moment and that's why they enjoy the majority at the moment. I remember in 1998, the year after the Brumbies made their first final, that the Brumbies got off to a rough start and it didn't take long for the crowds to die down dramatically. To dominate the Brumbies, the Raiders have to become premiership contenders again. Canberrans still remember the capacity crowds of the glory days, but those days have to return before the crowds do.

Raider Azz

Bench
Walt Flanigan said:
Canberra is a city full of bandwagon supporters of both codes. All either team has to do is win games to get the crowds. It just happens that the Brumbies are a very successful club at the moment and that's why they enjoy the majority at the moment. I remember in 1998, the year after the Brumbies made their first final, that the Brumbies got off to a rough start and it didn't take long for the crowds to die down dramatically. To dominate the Brumbies, the Raiders have to become premiership contenders again. Canberrans still remember the capacity crowds of the glory days, but those days have to return before the crowds do.
You've got it spot on there Walt. The Brumbies were lucky to attract 9000 people per game in 1998. As soon as the Raiders become a premiership force again, people will come back in droves. You just watch.

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_Azz said:
You've got it spot on there Walt. The Brumbies were lucky to attract 9000 people per game in 1998. As soon as the Raiders become a premiership force again, people will come back in droves. You just watch.

Raider Azz ... when do you anticipate this might be ... ok here comes the doomsday stuff ... (R_2004 no need to read beyond this point)

I think we have a few more lean years ahead of us in which time only the loyal supporters such as ourselves will bother to place their arse on a cold bucket seat at Bruce. By that time radical changes at the top will have taken place and we will be once again heading in the right direction ... ETA about 2009 I would say ... can you wait that long.

edabomb

First Grade
Thanks for the insight Bay. I'm going back to bed. Anyone got any rope?? :lol: :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
I always wondered what a broken record sounded like Bay. Thanks, but it sounds terrible.

Hey Walt I think you have already been told once today and here it comes again ... start shaving some of that thick matt of wool from in front of your eyes buddy.

If you want to live in disney land Walt go ahead ... I live in the land of reality where black is black and white is white.

Bay56

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
Your world sucks Bay. I'll stay put.

The sort of comment I would expect from you Walter ... put some thought into things my friend.

edabomb

First Grade
BTW a noose would be more helpful. You must admit, 2009 is taking negativity to the the extreme Bay. Anything can happen between now and say 2006. While you may be a realist, I think we all need to have a tad more optimism than that!!!

Bay56

First Grade
edabomb said:
BTW a noose would be more helpful. You must admit, 2009 is taking negativity to the the extreme Bay. Anything can happen between now and say 2006. While you may be a realist, I think we all need to have a tad more optimism than that!!!

So we will be a premiership force in 2006 ... how much edabomb, name your bet.

edabomb

First Grade
I'm not betting. I'm just saying we should go into every season with an open mind. Not confine ourselves to finishing near last for the best part of a decade.