What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders retro (1987) jersey - for Manly game

thickos

First Grade
Yeah I might wear the 20th anniversary one too. Been worn many a time before I got the current one, as it was the only way I could front up at Raiders games without wearing 'the black monster' (not because it was THAT bad a jersey, just that it was at the bottom of the list with regard to Raiders jerseys for me).

hrundi99

First Grade
Livebynight said:
Why is it the never get the colour exactly how it was back then?
If its suposed to be reverting back to the old jersey it should be 100% the same i feel.

They didn't get the colour right when we had some jersey that was suposed to be back to the lime green (when we had that other green jersey).

Its good but yeah doesn'y feel right because its not the same.
I like the current jersey as its like a new version of the old design. Using the arm bands down the sides of the jersey.

pic_85.jpg

The lighter colour is based on the original 82 to 85 jersey. The colour seemed to get darker for the 87 season, which I guess is why this jersey should be a bit darker.

i reckon the 94 milk jersey was the best cause it was the last time we won anything. The Raiders should wear that one again, stuff the sponsorship, just for good luck. :D

frank

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Quick...type something relevant...

I remember watching the '87 GF and I was sure that O'Connor's try was scored on the back of a blatant forward pass.

The try subsequently broke the Raiders backs and the game was gone.

Or did I just have the old Green Goggles on back then as a 17 year old?

Hrundi, your goggles were functioning correctly. Except it wasn't a forward pass, it was a kick and O'Connor was offside by a f**ken miiiiiile.

Shoulda gone to the video ref........ :lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
Of course!

I thought my memory may have been a little foggy 17 years after last seeing the game.

greeneyed

First Grade
The lime green did get darker over time, so I think they have the shade right for the 1987 replica. I never liked the white "V" collar really; I much preferred the 1994 jersey with a real collar which was in blue.

jed

First Grade
I've never been a fan of the V-collars in general. Although I prefer them to the round neckline that the broncos have this year.

jed

First Grade
Possibly at the game, otherwise you'll b able to pick it up at Jerseys For Work And Play, or if you can't get to them, from Peter Wynns.

jed

First Grade
They will have them there, and by buying them there you're supporting the Raiders. Plus, members should get a discount. :D