What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Round One!

My Team:

1. Schifcofske
2. Chalk
3. Ale
4. Frawley
5. Graham
6. McLinden
7. Carney
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10.Weyman
11. Croker
12. J. Smith
13. Campese

14. Cross
15. Withers
16. Hindmarsh
17. Gafa

With McLinden & Hindmarsh on thier final chances.

peter_raiders

Juniors
1. Schifcofske
2. Graham
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Gafa
6. J.Smith
7. Carney
8. O'hara
9. Woolford
10. Weyman
11. Adamson
12. Hidmarsh
13. Croker

14. Miller
15. Hodgson
16. Cross
17. McLinden

hrundi99

First Grade
1. Schifcofske
2. Graham
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Gafa
6. McLinden
7. J. Smith
8. O'hara
9. Woolford
10. Weyman
11. Hodgson
12. Hindmarsh
13. Croker

14. Miller
15. Adamson
16. Martin
17. Carney

1. Schifcofske
2. Chalk
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Graham
6. J. Smith
7. Carney
8. O Hara
9. Woolford
10. Adamson (Not a typo Im the biggest Weyman fan but for round one he would be awesome from the bench.)
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hodgson
13. Croker

14. McLinden/Withers
15. Weyman
16. Rothery
17. Miller

skeepe

Immortal
raiders_lover_18 said:
1. Schifcofske
2. Chalk
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Graham
6. J. Smith
7. Carney
8. O Hara
9. Woolford
10. Adamson (Not a typo Im the biggest Weyman fan but for round one he would be awesome from the bench.)
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hodgson
13. Croker

14. McLinden/Withers
15. Weyman
16. Rothery
17. Miller

Great team, just less Chalk more Gafa :D Other than that, that's the one I'd like to see. Weyman just offers a lot more from the bench IMO, for now at least.

twistedbydesign

Juniors
hrm my biggest dilemma is where to play matt gafa

i thought chalky was awesome in the couple of games he got, and really gave us some options we hadnt had all year. gafa does seem like he could be handy off the bench, however at the same time i would like to see a small bloke (either mac, toddy or withers) there already which could mean playing an undersized bench, which probably isnt to our advantage given our already weakened pack.

but yeah, i thought gaf played really well this year, and most importantly when others were up and down all year he showed up every week and put on a solid display. campo is another one, at the start of 2004 most of us were including him in our projected sides, however he seems to have fallen from grace a little, or at least from the spotlight. anyone think he will figure much next year?

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think Gaf is a champion player but i cant fit him in anywhere, if an injury happens in the backline he would be first cab off the ranks but other than that i think Chalk and Graham are ahead of him, Mogg or Frawley might give way for him

Magpie Nick

Juniors
1. Clinton Schifcofske
2. Phil Graham
3. Adam Mogg
4. Craig Frawley
5. Nathan Smith/Marshall Chalk/Matt Gafa

6. Jason Smith
7. Mark McLinden

13. Jason Croker
12. Ian Hindmarsh
11. Michael Hodgson
10. Michael Weyman
9. Simon Woolford
8. Ryan O'Hara

14. Terry Martin
15. Matt Adamson
16. Ben Cross
17. Lincoln Withers

18. Terry Campese/Todd Carney

thickos

First Grade
I would guess you would be very close to the money Magpie Nick.

The key point is as little Bulgarelli as possible...

Stomp

Juniors
[quote="skeepe"
5. Craig Frawley (yes I know he was signed for centre)[/quote]

If he plays wing or centre, he will do a great job for you.

Although, didn't he come to Canberra expecting to be named as one of the starting centres, and was part of his reason (besides the money) to sign with Canberra?

Stomp

Kris_man

Bench
twistedbydesign said:
campo is another one, at the start of 2004 most of us were including him in our projected sides, however he seems to have fallen from grace a little, or at least from the spotlight. anyone think he will figure much next year?
yeah he has "fallen from grace" a lil, mainly because Todd Carney has jumped him in the queue. he was also injured for a fair while, if you remember, Koups took over at five-eighth in PL. His versatility might see him get some games next year, though, as he's played lock, half and five-eighth in PL.

Anonymous

Juniors
I was only just thinking how Campo was the forgotten man. I dare say some of us have Zillman ahead of him now. (Timbo doesn't but may after next season).

ball boy

Bench
Campo was extremly unlucky with a hamstring injury most of the year i think if he hadnt got injured he would have played more games this year.

thickos

First Grade
Yeah I agree with ball boy, Campo certainly seemed to be part of the equation considering the moment Toots was ruled out in Rd 2, Campo was thrust into the team to make his debut against the reigning premiers.

I think he is definitely part of the long term plan and will be a fine lock.

Kris_man

Bench
This is what Elliott will go with:

1. Schifcofske
2. Chalk
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Robertson
6. J Smith
7. Withers
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10. Hodgson
11. Adamson
12. Hindmarsh
13. Croker

14. McLinden
15. Weyman
16. Martin
17. Thompson

i'm bored of writing who i think SHOULD be picked, cos at the end of the day my opinion doesn't mean shit. i reckon Elliott will go with the above team, judging by who he has gone for in the past. historically, Elliott:
1) has usually gone for Robertson over Graham when they're both available. its more likely that we'll see a Robertson/Graham combo than a Chalk/Graham combo.
2) seems to think Hodgson is well suited to prop - he picks him there a lot.
3) prefers Thompson to Miller, Cross and Rothery.
4) prefers Martin to Miller, Cross and Rothery.
5) likes guys with experience, hence Withers at halfback rather than Carney. has no problems picking hookers at halfback, especially when they've played there before.
6) picks Alan tongue prety much whenever he can. Tongue will be vying for a first grade spot, no doubt. probably 18th man.

i'd be very surprised if the above team is not how Elliott will go. Croker will be out for round 1, won't he? Tongue will be his replacement.

Raider Azz

Bench
I disagree Kris_man. Most of that side Elliot will probably pick but I don't think he will leave out Miller at all. Miller will at least get a bench spot. Also I think he will pick N. Smith over Robertson. Depending on trial form, Phil may get a spot on the wing too.

I think Chalk/Graham/N. Smith/Robertson will fight over the wing spots in the trials.

Team I think Elliot will pick:

1. Schifcofske
2. Chalk
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. N. Smith
6. J Smith
7. Withers
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10. Hodgson
11. Adamson
12. Hindmarsh
13. Croker

14. McLinden
15. Weyman
16. Thompson
17. Miller

Kris_man

Bench
Raider_Azz said:
Also I think he will pick N. Smith over Robertson
i don't know what you're basing that on. Elliott has not once picked N Smith over Robertson, so i don't see why that will change now. also, Phil Graham was picked over Nathan Smith in the Roosters semi, indicating that he's also above Smith in the pecking order. if you want to speculate as to who will be in form come season 2005, sure, it might be Smith. but judging by 2004 alone, N Smith will not be selected ahead of Robbo.

Miller was selected ahead of Martin for the Roosters semi, so there's a big chance that'll happen again in '05, but still, Elliott has many times had Martin in his starting side, let alone on the bench, so he obviously rates him. the Miller/Martin one is the hardest to call IMO.

Latest posts