What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders secure major sponsor

nqboy

First Grade
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18257993-23210,00.html

CANBERRA has secured a sponsor ahead of the NRL season, with telecommunications company Fone Zone renewing its position as major backer today.

The Raiders had been in danger of being the only NRL club without a sponsor after Fone Zone, the major sponsor for the past two seasons, scaled back its commitment.

Canberra general manager Don Furner said the club would benefit little financially from the deal.

"It wasn't a huge financial thing for us," Furner said. "It was more for morale for the team and the town. We would have been the only club to take the field without a major sponsor."

Canberra has struggled for exposure on free-to-air television, making the task of securing sponsorship even more difficult. The Raiders had just three matches on commercial television last year, despite their blistering start to the season.

DJ1

Juniors
nqboy said:
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18257993-23210,00.html

Canberra general manager Don Furner said the club would benefit little financially from the deal.

"It wasn't a huge financial thing for us," Furner said. "It was more for morale for the team and the town. We would have been the only club to take the field without a major sponsor."

Does this mean that they have simply got $0 for the Jersey sponsorship but don't want to print new jerseys?

woodgers

Bench
So Fone Zone again......

And what is the NRL going to do about the FTA thing?

I suppose Penrith might experience the same problem is a few seasons....:shock:

woodgers

Bench
DJ1 said:
Does this mean that they have simply got $0 for the Jersey sponsorship but don't want to print new jerseys?

No, it means that they accepted Fone Zones deal for less than they wanted to sell the space. This has been the situation for a few months now but the Raiders were hanging out to sell the sponsorship for more $$$$

The Preacher

First Grade
Didn't Fone Zone want to drop down to a sleeve or shorts sponsor, but now as there are no takers as a main jersey sponsor, they have upped Fone zone back to the #1 jersey spot for next to no extra charge. Do they now have a vacancy on either sleeve or shorts? :?

Philby

Juniors
The Preacher said:
Didn't Fone Zone want to drop down to a sleeve or shorts sponsor, but now as there are no takers as a main jersey sponsor, they have upped Fone zone back to the #1 jersey spot for next to no extra charge. Do they now have a vacancy on either sleeve or shorts? :?
I think Aristocrat is the sleeve sponsor and Canberra Milk is on the Shorts again

innsaneink

Referee
DJ1 said:

:lol: Even my youngs blokes U9s team last year got to keep their jumpers.

Better than nothing raiders, just.:D

The Preacher

First Grade
So they've got the jumper sponsorship for less than the asking price. Good work by Fone Zone, maybe the Raiders overestimated the value of the jersey space, the fact that they don't get a lot of free-to-air TV time must make it a less opportune venture.
Maybe they need Ribes down there to show them some vision.

It's not really about the financial contribution, as stated elsewhere we're only backed by about 1048684 leagues clubs. Just a morale thing being the last club not to have a major sponsor. BTW, here is our new jersey this year, it's starting to grow on me.

jersey_426.jpg

Raider Ultra

Bench
It's more for morale and image than the money. We're already one of the most financially strongest clubs in the league.

Copa

Bench
Raider Ultra said:
It's more for morale and image than the money. We're already one of the most financially strongest clubs in the league.
really? How financially strong are we?

Copa

Bench
I Bleed Green said:
Top 3 in the league. We're backed by 8 leagues clubs throughout the ACT.
I didn't realise there were so many clubs backing the raiders. The ACT limit on pokies is near the max also so it's great the Raiders got in early ... so to speak.

The Preacher

First Grade
I Bleed Green said:
It's not really about the financial contribution, as stated elsewhere we're only backed by about 1048684 leagues clubs. Just a morale thing being the last club not to have a major sponsor. BTW, here is our new jersey this year, it's starting to grow on me.

jersey_426.jpg

No wonder the "Pollies" make the decisions they do, they're all PI$$ED. Should get Big Willy, Freddy, Gower, Walker, Gaz and Trent down there. You could have an alcohol induced naked bucks golf day inside a free taxi with overnight accommodation on the nature strip outside the police station and dropped sausage rolls for breakfast. Ring Mini's mobile for details as soon as he stops the fight outside the nightclub, between Walker and Crocker. What a weekend to give the sponsors FTA TV "exposure".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts