What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders secure major sponsor

nqboy

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
that would be far too logical nqboy
A common failing of mine...leaves me no chance in negotiations with the Leader of the Opposition at home I can tell you.

Stranger

Coach
nqboy said:
26 weeks x 2 FTA games/week x 2 teams/game = 104 teams needed to fill the FTA slots. 104/15 = 7 games per team on average. Why not guarantee 5 per team and cap it at 10 per team? This would give everyone reasonable coverage while still rewarding the teams that draw the big ratings.

It wouldn't reward teams that draw big ratings... If a team is on fire and drawing big ratings, then they deserve the coverage...

If a team is poorly preforming and isn't drawing crowds/ratings then they dont deserve games. Its about ratings, not helping a club get sponserships.

nqboy

First Grade
I see your point, I just don't agree with it. I guess you don't agree with the salary cap either?

Stranger

Coach
The salary cap has made the competition what it is today, unpredictable. Which is great, as it has boosted ratings and in turn = profit for the NRL.
How does the NRL get profit from teams that get poor ratings on TV?

Raider_69

Post Whore
people will watch the footy on 9 regardless
because hell... what else in on sunday arvos?
same could be said for friday nights, bar b grade movie repeats or the AFL

a small ratings sacrifice for the good of ALL clubs and hence the game, is a fair trade imo

Stranger

Coach
Yeah right....
The real footy followers will watch the footy on 9 reguardless, but the rest of the population wont...
The NRL is trying to bring new fans to the game, and channle 9 is after ratings, thats why its more important for channle 9 to show the big games, ones that show great promise in turning into a great spectical.
Face it Raider, would you rather watch Dragons and the Eels or Souths and Warriors, and really, what would attract higher ratings and generate more money?
Remember the NRL is a buisness also.

As i said, if a team is preforming poorly, why do they deserve FTA coverage?

griff

Bench
A bit of variety every now and then in the teams who are playing on FTA TV would increase ratings. People get bored of the same teams running round every single week so turn off.

A guarantee of at least a couple of games each team each year isn't going to impact it very much anyway.

Stranger

Coach
If the big games aren't being show because the teams that are average, and dont get great ratings are being shown, it will affect the ratings.

griff

Bench
Of course it will, no one is suggesting the big games don't get shown.

Just over the course of the year it is spread out a bit instead of seeing the Roosters and Parramatta every week.

Knightmare

Coach
I like the Raiders jersey collar- it still looks like a League jersey, without being a faggy looking t-shirt piece of crap. Hopefully the Gold Coast will follow suit before it's too late.

Latest posts