What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders secure major sponsor

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is this a reflection of again the NRL not having a very high profile outside of NSW&Q'land. Given the number of TV viewers you would think companies would be falling over themselves to sponsor a team, yet last year the Knights and now the Raiders struggling for main sponsors.

Time for the NRL to have a good review of its marketing, National profile and expanding the league to be a national game me thinks, we have afterall got the CEO of the year leading the ship!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Says the supporter who's all but full strength team was beaten by a 2nd string raiders team in a recent trial

Wiki did not want to leave, yes he wanted to return to NZ at some point but he would have stayed in canberra had it not been for an outrageous (and now appears to be illegal under the NRL law) deal offered to him. He was the heart and soul of the club, he played the semi against the roosters with an ankle injury that should of had him out for another 6 weeks and for what we had no hope of winning that game? because he loved this club that much that he just wanted to wear the lime green one last time, he openly weeped in the arms of raiders fans on his lap of honour... Muss loved and still loves this club, and the fans in turn loved him... he left for family issues with his sister, aswell as wanting to have his kids grow up in the NZ culture, the warriors just gave him a f**k load of retirement money to complete the package

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Says the supporter who's all but full strength team was beaten by a 2nd string raiders team in a recent trial

Wiki did not want to leave, yes he wanted to return to NZ at some point but he would have stayed in canberra had it not been for an outrageous (and now appears to be illegal under the NRL law) deal offered to him. He was the heart and soul of the club, he played the semi against the roosters with an ankle injury that should of had him out for another 6 weeks and for what we had no hope of winning that game? because he loved this club that much that he just wanted to wear the lime green one last time, he openly weeped in the arms of raiders fans on his lap of honour... Muss loved and still loves this club, and the fans in turn loved him... he left for family issues with his sister, aswell as wanting to have his kids grow up in the NZ culture, the warriors just gave him a f**k load of retirement money to complete the package

:-({|=:-({|=

...too much ''Days of our Lives" for you I think.

SalfordRedsWA

Juniors
So what are the clubs plans to get its rightful place as Canberra's no 1 club back then? If they cant even attract a new sponsor......

jed

First Grade
How many companies do you know that would be willing to spend a few million dollars on sponsoring a club, when they get next to no exposure on FTA television?

That was one of the primary reasons that Ozemail walked away at the end of 2002, their value for money just wasn't there.

If the Raiders were on every second week like the Roosters, Bulldogs, Broncos, St George etc, they'd have no problems picking up a sponsor, and could possibly even raise the asking price.

RABK

Referee
Got to say i hate the Canberra jerseys....it's just the collar....what the f**k is the go there???

jed

First Grade
It's ISC's new "sportsman's collar", haven't you noticed how the clubs are all vying away from collars these days?

I like it, a number of the ESL sides are playing with them this season too, they look good on the field, although a little odd in some of the photos I've seen.

brendothejet

First Grade
i was told since i was 8 to tuck my collar into my jersey so blokes couldn't grab it as most footy players do.

seems a logical step to me...

Moffo

Referee
woodgers said:
So Fone Zone again......

And what is the NRL going to do about the FTA thing?

I suppose Penrith might experience the same problem is a few seasons....:shock:

if you're good enough you'll get on FTA. If not, tough bickies

woodgers

Bench
Moffo said:

What I was implying Moffo was that the Raiders don't really play the most attractive footy do they?

Penrith may catch the disease

Bench
Moffo said:
That may be a bit hard,but Canberra did come second last in 2005,that may have something to do with it.
But good to see them pick up a sponsor before the season kicks off,as Wests Tigers supporters know only too well sponsors come and go.

griff

Bench
Moffo said:
It would be better for the competition as a whole if all clubs were guaranteed at least a couple of FTA TV slots over the season.

It would make it much easier for the smaller clubs to attract sponsors and a better quality of sponsor, and bring more money into the game.

The smaller clubs would be better able to compete financially, and the comp would be more even and more successful and popular.

Jono078

Referee
I think the jersey looks good, I honestly dont mind those type of collars, id rather them than the ones the Broncos and Storm have.

nqboy

First Grade
26 weeks x 2 FTA games/week x 2 teams/game = 104 teams needed to fill the FTA slots. 104/15 = 7 games per team on average. Why not guarantee 5 per team and cap it at 10 per team? This would give everyone reasonable coverage while still rewarding the teams that draw the big ratings.