What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders side of 1989

Paullyboy

Coach
Gary Belcher
Matthew Wood
Mal Meninga (c)
Laurie Daley
John Ferguson
Chris O'Sullivan
Ricky Stuart

Bradley Clyde
Gary Coyne
Dean Lance
Glenn Lazarus
Steve Walters
Brett Todd.

Subs: Paul Martin, Steve Jackson, Kevin Walters.

Coach: Tim Sheens

Paullyboy

Coach
I love that footage, thank you to you too. Its just so fluid and looked oh so easy - but in reality that was against one of the best defence's of the 90's. Oh how I miss Mullins at full flight outside a Stuart or Daley special.

Paullyboy said:
The Furner step, the Nagas in-and-away.........ah good times.

Going to be a while before you guys have times like that. You need to bring a big bunch of juniors through together at the same time much like you did back then. You have a few Aussie schoolboys in your ranks, from what I've read, but you have to hope they can make the next step up and be the next Laurie Daley and not the next Mark McLinden.

I've got no idea where your salary cap money goes but then I did here that TLL was on $200k a year :lol:

If he is worth that I shudder to think what someone like Asotasi or Bailey would be worth (if that was the measuring stick).

Raider Azz

Bench
TLL is on a heavily incentive-based contract. If he continues to play well and ends up playing representative football, then, yes he will be on $200K a year.

We DO have a bunch of talented juniors coming through together at the same time. Zillman, Goodwin, Carney, Dobson, Weyman, Tilse, Thurling, Learoyd Lahrs, etc. Our salary cap has gone to keeping this kids in Canberra. Don't you worry about us, we are looking just fine for the next few years thanks.

Eddie.

Bench
Tim Sheens asked on stage at Balmain League after the 2005 GF if ex Tigers players there (Elias, Sironen, Jack, Peace, etc) could forgive him now.

Judging by Benny's 6 minute drunken Peroformance in introducing Coach Sheens to the podium all seemed well and truly forgotten.

hrundi99

First Grade
Ewan McGrady's Lovechild said:
I've got no idea where your salary cap money goes but then I did here that TLL was on $200k a year :lol:

Have you seen him play injury-free?

Raider Azz said:
TLL is on a heavily incentive-based contract. If he continues to play well and ends up playing representative football, then, yes he will be on $200K a year.

We DO have a bunch of talented juniors coming through together at the same time. Zillman, Goodwin, Carney, Dobson, Weyman, Tilse, Thurling, Learoyd Lahrs, etc. Our salary cap has gone to keeping this kids in Canberra. Don't you worry about us, we are looking just fine for the next few years thanks.

You sound like a little kid with that last line.

Yes I was aware of most of those juniors but will they make the next step up ? Thats the big question. Carney has shown glimpses of what he can do but are the players you mentioned future rep players ? Don't forget that people were saying Mark McLinden was going to be the next Laurie Daley and play for Australia and what happened to him ?

Raider Azz

Bench
i may sound like a little kid but you clearly have little idea about our squad. thats cool though, not many people do with the little exsposure we get in the sydney media.

sydraider

First Grade
BlueRaider said:
Anyone find Mullin's double chip and chase against broncos??

Hope someone does, that seems to be the most exclusive footage available to us raiders fans, you cant find it anywhere! :-(

Raider Azz said:
i may sound like a little kid but you clearly have little idea about our squad. thats cool though, not many people do with the little exsposure we get in the sydney media.

Well considering I don't live in Sydney......

and clearly you are talking up your team which is cool.

Thurling played for the Dogs.
Tilse for the Knights
TLL for the Broncos

sydraider

First Grade
Well considering I don't live in Sydney......

and clearly you are talking up your team which is cool.

Thurling played for the Dogs.
Tilse for the Knights
TLL for the Broncos

Mason is from newcastle
Omeley is from North sydney
Ryan is from Parramatta

Your point is?

sydraider said:
Mason is from newcastle
Omeley is from North sydney
Ryan is from Parramatta

Your point is?

My point was that he was saying that I wouldn't know much about the Raiders squad so I mentioned a few of the players that he had mentioned as some of the young guys coming through ( or was that someone else saying that?).

Mason never played for Newcaslte. When we signed Shrek he was playing for the Northern Eagles and Ryan is from Dubbo ;)

sydraider

First Grade
My point was that he was saying that I wouldn't know much about the Raiders squad so I mentioned a few of the players that he had mentioned as some of the young guys coming through ( or was that someone else saying that?).

Mason never played for Newcaslte. When we signed Shrek he was playing for the Northern Eagles and Ryan is from Dubbo ;)

Shrek played for north sydney, check it.
Mason played for the mariners in super league
Ryan is from dubbo but was brought up with the eels.

sydraider said:
Shrek played for north sydney, check it.
Mason played for the mariners in super league
Ryan is from dubbo but was brought up with the eels.

I know that mate but your original statement insinuates that they all come from there when in fact only Mason comes from the one stated (Newcastle).

Mason never played in the top grade for the Mariners. Think he only played in the juniors for them.

I'm from Dubbo originally ;-) so thanks for the heads up with Bobcat.