What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders sign Bronson Harrison

Any source? , there was rumours it was going to happen.
He will be good for our squad , also has another Tiger in Flanno to help settle in

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope the Raiders coaching staff get him to lose a few kilos, and have him play as a wide running back rower.

He was a centre right up til his first grade debut and his best games came when he played at Lock.

sh*thead Sheens and Scrotumsucker Simmons decided they'd turn him into a prop. The same bullsh*t they tried on Nigel Plum when he was in the lower grades there.

ffs Plum was a skillful ball playing lock, and they tried to turn him into a defence only prop, now he's playing in the back row and he is using his attacking skills once again.

I hope you guys get Bronson in the back row, he will f**king carve up the comp there.

Another potentially massive Tigers loss.

Pumba

First Grade
Raiders sign Bronson Harrison

The CFMEU Canberra Raiders have continued their solid recruitment and retention for the 2009 season, after signing Wests Tigers forward Bronson Harrison for three years today.

Harrison, 23, is the second recruit to join the Raiders from the Tigers of 2008, with hooker Stuart Flanagan agreeing to a contract with the Green Machine earlier this year.

Harrison said he's looking forward to joining the Raiders for the pre-season, and is keen to build on his career.

"The Raiders seem to be a team on the up and I'm looking forward to being a part of their rise," Harrison said. "I've been down to Canberra to check the place out and have met a few of the boys, and it just seems like there's a great atmosphere there at the moment."

Harrison said he's also looking forward to playing under incoming Raiders Coach David Furner, and alongside a host of new team mates.

"The Raiders have a new Coach next year in David Furner and after meeting with him I can see he's got some good ideas for the future," he said. "There are also guys in Canberra like Alan Tongue, Terry Campese and Joel Monaghan to play alongside so it should be a great few years for me."

Incoming Raiders Coach David Furner said the signing of Harrison would strengthen the Raiders forward pack going forward, and said he believed he would bring something extra to the team in 2009.

"Bronson is a young strike backrower who's played first grade for a few years now and has also played at international level for New Zealand," Furner said. "I believe he'll be a great player for the Raiders and the club and fans should be excited about his signing."

Link

you guys will love bronson

sheens is so stupid he stuffed bronson up by trying to turn him into a prop and now bronson is taking the blame for it :roll:

i reckon if hes used in the 2nd row he will be most improved of 09 for sure

tigerdude

Juniors
geez we get rid of players like bronson and keep payne...unbelievable...this bloke has that much potential i know we will regret it..he was the last of the true balmain boys...played all his junior league in the balmain comp unlike players like farah who joined when he was 16...dene halatau also is one of them i think he played a bit of the parra comp b4 coming to balmain...bronson is a gun you watch how he will turn his whole game around...good luck mate

macnaz

Staff member
geez we get rid of players like bronson and keep payne...unbelievable...this bloke has that much potential i know we will regret it..he was the last of the true balmain boys...played all his junior league in the balmain comp unlike players like farah who joined when he was 16...dene halatau also is one of them i think he played a bit of the parra comp b4 coming to balmain...bronson is a gun you watch how he will turn his whole game around...good luck mate

FAR OUT are we really keeping Corey Payne:(.

Bronson will meet his potential with the raiders im sure. Hope he does as he is a good young bloke and deserves to shine.

aussies1st

Staff member
Decent player, but with our cash...Where's a big name?

None on the market at the moment.

Hopefully we haven't splashed all of it on Harrison, hes a good player but certainly not worth the amount of salary we have. Anyway hopefully he stays in the 2nd row and seeing TLL is moving to the front row I can see Harrison finding a spot.

Macko8

Juniors
Top news!!his only 23 which is good as well
Pritty solid and hard to defend against.

Chachi

Bench
Great signing. Barring a brain embolism, he'll prove to be a much better contributor than the guy he basically replaces, Neville Costigan.

I rate Harrison highly.

Paullyboy

Coach
I think this is massive news, if he gets some solid game time in the backrow he could be anything

legend

Coach
Sheens still working for the Raiders I see!

I was with Prodigiousman and Sydraider at the Sharkies semi and we spoke with a member of the Monaghan family and Mick is keen to get back to Canberra ASAP so if you add Harrison and Mick into the first grade side along with Shillington, then we have a very good side for next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flanagan will emerge as one of the best hookers in the comp next year if he becomes the regular first grade hooker.

Macko8

Juniors
Flanagan will emerge as one of the best hookers in the comp next year if he becomes the regular first grade hooker.

flanagan has to prove himself in front of furner first.
in his way is buttriss,whose had an outstanding 2008.

Latest posts