What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Team for Round 1

1. Clinton Schifcofske
2. Joel Monaghan
3. Jason Bulgarelli
4. Adam Mogg
5. Michael Robertson
6. Jason Croker
7. Mark McLinden
8. Ryan O'Hara
9. Simon Woolford (c)
10. Luke Davico
11. Ruben Wiki
12. Ian Hindmarsh
13. Terry Martin

14. Tyran Smith
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Ben Cross
17. Matt Gafa

-

No Drew, Campo or Graham.

I like the team apart from maybe no Campo.

thickos

First Grade
Phil has been named in no grades!!! :shock: :shock: Strange call with Gafa on the bench, although he did play a little five-eighth during PL last season. I just wonder where the attack is coming from, MAcca is gonna have to carry the team..... :?

Edwahu

Bench
No, I reckon we just have a few injuries that were a bit worse then first reported. Lookng at both firsts and reggies we must have at least Drew, Tongue, Thommo, Graham, Evans, Weyman and Rothery unavailable :(

Its going to be a tough game but we should win up front and the rest will follow.

Edwahu

Bench
The reggies team is:
1. Luke Gray
2. David Milne
3. Steve Franciscus
4. Jack Pearson
5. Jason Moon
6. Terry Campese
7. Todd Carney
8. Mark Bryant
9. Jarred Lawrence
10. Darren Porter (c)
11. Josh Miller
12. Kris Kahler
13. Nick Kouparitsas

14. Mark Henry
15. Warren Aiken
16. Craig Rowsell
17. Willie Raston
18. Willie Scanlon

Raider_69

Post Whore
its got to be said
i dont like that team one bit!

i think if we go in with that team we will lose
forwad pack look great (Cross on the bench :mrgreen:) but Macca cant carry us through the whole game, if macca is the only half we need more strike power in the backs, like Graham

Yeah, really, have some faith people.

Matty has been the one who has seen every single minute of the trials and the training sessions and who has been putting in and who hasn't. Not to mention that since Phil isn't in the reggies side that he's most likely injured along with Drewy, Thommo, Toungey, etc.

I was kinda surprised about no Campo especially since Drew is out, but nowhere did Matty say that he would be picked for the opening round, only that he'd get a lot of footy in this year. I'd rather have him eased into it than him pushed straight in when he's not ready and have an absolute shocker which would affect his confidence... not that I'm saying he would, but that's probably Elliot's thinking.

Raider_69

Post Whore
all im saying is i hope there is something we dont know
i have faith in elliot but i really think we need more than one playmakers

but then again id schif starts the season the way he normally does we may not need it 8)

mike83au

Juniors
I'm gonna take a different approach to most people on here and say that i think it's a pretty good looking team. It isn't that different from last year, barring a few injuries we have already got.

We've made no secret of the way we're planning to play - it's gonna be a bash em in the forwards, type game and i like the make up of the team.

This Raiders team I don't think will be looking to win by racking up the big scoreline we'd all love to see. I think there is a much bigger emphasis on defence these days and we will probably win the game by restricting the opposition to around 14 or 16 points.

I'm assuming that's what we'll be looking to do....(but i wouldn't complain with a 50 point scoreline - besides haven't we got the best away form these days?) 8)

Raider_69

Post Whore
yeh
i guess i was just caught abit off guard when looking at the team
by comments i read i expected to see graham and campo there

Paullyboy

Coach
Surely you guys have realised by now that Graham aint going to be playing much this year! How long will it take you to realise that Elliott obviously isnt interested in him?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Paullyboy said:
Surely you guys have realised by now that Graham aint going to be playing much this year! How long will it take you to realise that Elliott obviously isnt interested in him?

hmm i dont know about that
the thought has cross my mind, but then why did he get resigned?

thickos

First Grade
Graham is perfectly fit, thats the odd thing.... not to make the PL side is bordering on the ridiculous. :?

hrundi99

First Grade
I didn't think Campo would get a start this early in the season.

The absence of Graham is a surprise and disappointing as I love watching him play when he's in form.

I'd love to hear the explanation on this one.