What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders to QLD

gho

Juniors
Well they'd be closer to the ocean, it always amused me that the raiders are the only club that is located on an inland city, but has a viking as its mascot.

queenslandfan

Juniors
as lockyer once said, if st george can win 11 premierships with one raper imagine how many the logan city raiders can win.

gregstar

Referee
regardless of the story / beat up, the logan city region could support a team at some stage. this is one of the fastest developing areas in queensland.

Twigg

Juniors
Just looking at this thread (Raiders to QLD..pfft) it sounds like Brisbane's full of bad suburbs. Any decent areas?

queenslandfan

Juniors
well logan isnt part of brisbane, its a different city. and its probably the worst in qld. there a heaps of nice suburbs in brisbane

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Raiders won't be moving: Furner

May 27, 2008
CANBERRA chief executive Don Furner has angrily slammed a report which suggested the Raiders could relocate to south-east Queensland in the future.
The Courier-Mail newspaper said there was growing speculation the Raiders would be forced out of the nation's capital and could look to move to Logan City to become the third NRL team in south-east Queensland.

The Raiders currently send their non-selected NRL stars back to the Queensland Cup competition to play with Souths Logan.

But Furner says the option of relocation has never been considered by the Raiders as the club is currently negotiating a five-year deal to remain at Canberra Stadium until the end of 2014.

"It's ridiculous, I cannot believe it," Furner said.

"We have never ever discussed it and never ever would we consider it."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23766473-23214,00.html

Calixte

First Grade
Without even reading this thread, it could only be an organisation as misguided as the NRL that could come up with (or even contemplate for one moment) the idea of reducing the number of Sydney teams by shifting one from Canberra to somewhere else...

My God.

Chachi

Bench
Without even reading this thread, it could only be an organisation as misguided as the NRL that could come up with (or even contemplate for one moment) the idea of reducing the number of Sydney teams by shifting one from Canberra to somewhere else...

My God.
Yet there are people who will belive it. Even reporters with (presumably) a tertiary education. :shock:

Then again someone as smart as Peter Holmes a Court put money into Souths. :crazy:

Go figure.

The Raiders are making millions through their 8 leagues clubs - even after the tax hike. They're not moving anywhere.

Calixte

First Grade
Yet there are people who will belive it. Even reporters with (presumably) a tertiary education. :shock:

Then again someone as smart as Peter Holmes a Court put money into Souths. :crazy:

Go figure.

The Raiders are making millions through their 8 leagues clubs - even after the tax hike. They're not moving anywhere.

The media attack on rugby league at the moment is quite vehement and, seemingly, concerted.

I wonder if there is a major rugby league event on at the moment? Hmmm...

Perhaps even another sport desperate to keep its name in the pages of Brisbane and Sydney papers because it missed the boat in the two biggest growing corridors in Australia? Hmmm...

It is not exactly rocket science.

queenslandfan

Juniors
rugby league stronghold.

yeh i would rather see a team in toowoomba then in logan. however i dont want it to be the raiders, as there should be a team in canberra. toowoomba have produced alot of quality players including steve price and jonathan thurston and if i was an away fan i would much rather travel to toowoomba then logan to watch a match.

Latest posts