What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders to QLD

gregstar

Referee
dude - logan is as much a league stronghold as toowoomba today.

areas which may not appeal to your idea of quality citizenry, tend to give more to rugby league than the parts of the community you hold up. logan is one such area.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: Canberra actually get paid to play out of Canberra Stadium, it would lose the club money to relocate. Absurd article if plucked from obscurity but i doubt thats the case, dare i say Donny Furner, the shrewd man that he is, has leaked this idea hoping it'd grow legs and spark the attention of the ACT government to ensure the Raiders get the best deal possible for the next 5 years at Canberra Stadium

We have been the Canberra Raiders for nearly 30 years, and we'll be the canberra raiders for the next 30 and beyond.

Dutchy

Immortal
Raiders will not move.

It has been discussed so many times.

Is it even worth repeating the reasons?

bjm8

Juniors
surely Inala is the worst suburb in qld, possibly australia....

Yea i'd agree with Inala, Durack or Goodna.

On an unrelated topic, since when have the Raiders had a Leagues Club in Toowoomba? If so, where is it?

queenslandfan

Juniors
Yea i'd agree with Inala, Durack or Goodna.

On an unrelated topic, since when have the Raiders had a Leagues Club in Toowoomba? If so, where is it?

yeh inala might be the worst suburb in queensland, but logan is the worst overall city in qld in my opinion.

i was also wondering about the leagues club in toowoomba, unless they just own a part of another leagues club.

t-ba

Post Whore
Logan is part of Brisbane, I hate to break it to you. Just because it's in a different council doesn't mean it's not in the urban area.

These super councils have warped your banana benders perception of a city. If we only counted the council as part of the city, then North Sydney, Glebe, Botany and Bondi would all not be part of Sydney.

queenslandfan

Juniors
Logan is part of Brisbane, I hate to break it to you. Just because it's in a different council doesn't mean it's not in the urban area.

These super councils have warped your banana benders perception of a city. If we only counted the council as part of the city, then North Sydney, Glebe, Botany and Bondi would all not be part of Sydney.

hate to tell you but logan is not part of brisbane, its a seperate city. usually you can tell by whether its called a 'city council' or a 'shire'. logan is 'logan city council', therefore it is a seperate city, while cronulla etc. is the shutherland shire. it may be attached to brisbane but its not part of brisbane.

Timbo

Staff member
hate to tell you but logan is not part of brisbane, its a seperate city. usually you can tell by whether its called a 'city council' or a 'shire'. logan is 'logan city council', therefore it is a seperate city, while cronulla etc. is the shutherland shire. it may be attached to brisbane but its not part of brisbane.

I'm no expert, but Botany is not 'Botany Shire' it is 'The City of Botany Bay' and it's sure as hell a suburb of Sydney, not a seperate city.

Timbo

Staff member
Additionally, for census purposes, Logan is not counted as a stand alone city, it's counted as part of the Brisbane Metro Area.

NthKnight

How do you explain:

Parramatta City Council
Liverpool City Council
Campbelltown City Council
Rockdale City Council
Hurstville City Council

All areas of Sydney and all "City Councils"

Logan is part of Brisbane mate as much as you want to believe otherwise.

queenslandfan

Juniors
so the central coast is part of sydney? just cause its near it doesnt mean its the same city. if logan is part of brisbane you might as well say gold coast is as well.

queenslandfan

Juniors
How do you explain:

Parramatta City Council
Liverpool City Council
Campbelltown City Council
Rockdale City Council
Hurstville City Council

All areas of Sydney and all "City Councils"

Logan is part of Brisbane mate as much as you want to believe otherwise.

sorry, maybe its only in queensland where we actually use the proper definition of the words city and shire.

NthKnight

so the central coast is part of sydney? just cause its near it doesnt mean its the same city. if logan is part of brisbane you might as well say gold coast is as well.

And just because it has a "City" in the council name does not mean that it is not part of the greater metro area of a capital city ie: Brisbane.

Your the only one that thinks it is separate. Doesnt that tell you soemthing?

NthKnight

yeh it does, it tells me that im the only one who obviously knows geography in this thread.

Get a good view of your colon with your head stuck so far up your arse mate?

Tell me, do you think that people living in Ipswich and Cleveland say that they dont live in Brisbane? The answer is no because all those areas, while having "City Councils" are still generally considered to be part of Brisbane.

Latest posts