What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders to QLD

Brycey

Juniors
ffs. Logan is not apart of Brisbane, not even when it was first settled. It always has been and always will be its own city and region. Its the a**hole between the 2 cheeks (Brisbane and GC)

otori

Juniors
A club in Toowoomba is an interesting proposition. They'd have to build a proper stadium though

JW

Coach
Fellas, leave the Brisbane Council area on its own, and the city's population of 1.8 million-ish nearly halves, making it smaller than Adelaide and rendering the alleged fact that Brisbane is Australia's 3rd largest city completely false.

So which is right? Can't have it both ways.

Brycey

Juniors
Fellas, leave the Brisbane Council area on its own, and the city's population of 1.8 million-ish nearly halves, making it smaller than Adelaide and rendering the alleged fact that Brisbane is Australia's 3rd largest city completely false.

So which is right? Can't have it both ways.
ffs. Thats the Brisbane Statistical Division (entirely made up by the ABS). You may as well say Beaudesert and Caboolture are apart of Brisbane then.

A statistical division does not equate to a regional division.

Brisbane is its own city and the only separate council bodies that it probably can lay claims to is Redlands (now Moreton) and Redcliffe. LCC was founded as its on separate city and it has always identified itself as one.

Misty Bee

First Grade
ffs. Thats the Brisbane Statistical Division (entirely made up by the ABS). You may as well say Beaudesert and Caboolture are apart of Brisbane then.

A statistical division does not equate to a regional division.

Brisbane is its own city and the only separate council bodies that it probably can lay claims to is Redlands (now Moreton) and Redcliffe. LCC was founded as its on separate city and it has always identified itself as one.

OK. So Logan is to Brisbane what Parramatta, Manly, Ryde, Fairfield, Penrith, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Bankstown, Blacktown, Cronulla and North Sydney are to Sydney.

Do you agree? Queenslander doesn't, even though no one has yet stated the difference.

Chapsta

Juniors
OK. So Logan is to Brisbane what Parramatta, Manly, Ryde, Fairfield, Penrith, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Bankstown, Blacktown, Cronulla and North Sydney are to Sydney.

Do you agree? Queenslander doesn't, even though no one has yet stated the difference.

Then Brisbane pulls much better crowds than any of its Sydney equivalents.

Misty Bee

First Grade
What Sydney equivalents? Going by your logic, those cities are seperate, and not part of Sydney.

The City of Sydney has only 140 000 residents. Not bad when they get half of them to attend Origin 1

Brycey

Juniors

No I don't. Logan is its own city and region, just because it happens to be close to Brisbane is pure coincidence.

NSW people think that QLD regions are structured the same way as theirs, they are not. Just because cities within the region of Sydney are considered apart of Sydney does not mean that is the same up here.

If that were the case; Beaudesert, Logan, Gold Coast and Brisbane would all be one big city region as they all overlap each other.

Leagueman

Juniors
No I don't. Logan is its own city and region, just because it happens to be close to Brisbane is pure coincidence.

NSW people think that QLD regions are structured the same way as theirs, they are not. Just because cities within the region of Sydney are considered apart of Sydney does not mean that is the same up here.

If that were the case; Beaudesert, Logan, Gold Coast and Brisbane would all be one big city region as they all overlap each other.
Brisbane City and the Brisbane Region are two different things. Of course Logan and Ipswich are not part of Brisbane City, but they are part of the Brisbane Region. You only have google Brisbane Region to work that out. I really don't know why you and a couple of others on this thread can not understand that. It has always has been that way. I have lived in this REGION all of my 45 yrs and have not ever heard such bullshit and lack of knowledge about this issue as what you are rabbiting on about. I also do not understand why it matters to you so much.

Brycey

Juniors
Brisbane City and the Brisbane Region are two different things. Of course Logan and Ipswich are not part of Brisbane City, but they are part of the Brisbane Region. You only have google Brisbane Region to work that out. I really don't know why you and a couple of others on this thread can not understand that. It has always has been that way. I have lived in this REGION all of my 45 yrs and have not ever heard such bullshit and lack of knowledge about this issue as what you are rabbiting on about. I also do not understand why it matters to you so much.
The Brisbane region covers everything from Wynnum-Oxley-Mt Gravatt.

It stops at Springwood and Logan region starts there. I don't care how long you've lived there, I work within the entire Logan region and have worked with the LCC council, Ive never heard anyone regard Logan as part of Brisbane. It has always been its on region and has never been apart of Brisbane. It is a city and region all to its own. All QLD government region and district boundaries indicate this.

Leagueman

Juniors

It stops at Springwood and Logan region starts there. I don't care how long you've lived there, I work within the entire Logan region and have worked with the LCC council, Ive never heard anyone regard Logan as part of Brisbane. It has always been its on region and has never been apart of Brisbane. It is a city and region all to its own. All QLD government region and district boundaries indicate this.
I acually live in Cornubia, and have lived in Ipswich when in the RAAF, so I know the area also. I understand that Logan has a separate council boundary to Brisbane and Ipswich and have their own identity. Also that they are not part of the Brisbane City Council area, that end as you stated. What I am saying is that these separate Cities make up the Greater Brisbane Region. As I said just google Brisbane Region and there are Maps that show this, you can also look that UBD and see.

Misty Bee

First Grade

OK. Fair enough. Realise then that The Sydney region goes from Circular Quay to Pyrmont to Alexandria to Potts Point.

To say that Bondi is part of Sydney is utterly absurd!

A local council and a metropolitan area are different things, pal.

t-ba

Post Whore
This entire thread = gold.

I'm guessing no one has any idea that Brisbane City Council is itself only 80 years old and was a merger of 20 or so towns, shires, municipalities and councils that had little to do with one another. The only reason Logan isn't in the Council area is because they drew a line through Eight Mile and decided not to incorporate the Albert Shire into the City...

Logan is part of Brisbane. It's part of a constant patch of Habitation that starts a bit north of Strathpine and and begins to peter out past Beenleigh. If anyone doubts it just take a drive down Logan Road and tell me where Brisbane would end and Logan would begin. There's maybe a km or so around the Glen Hotel where there the housing stops, but it begins up again before you hit the Logan Council area.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore

Incorrect. Moreton Bay Regional Council is the merger of Caboolture, Pine Rivers and Redcliffe. Redland Bay and Logan were considered likely merger partners until the final few proposals.

mightybears

Bench

Mid 1920's the queensland government merged all the towns and shire councils that they considered to be 'greater brisbane' into one [hence the reason a few suburbs north of the cbd you can see the old windsor town hall building].

In Sydney it would be the same if Sydney City council went up to ku-ring-gai, out to parramatta and down to the george's river.

Logan CC is the council area between BCC and the GCCC, see it as a penrith or a campbelltown-part of a sprawl.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Same as the old Five Dock and Leichhardt councils, then.

which makes Logan a council area, same as Parramtta, Blacktown, Waverly, Auburn etc.

Therefore, of Logan is NOT part of Brisbane, for the same reason Parramtta is NOT part of Sydney - even though everyone accepts that it is.

Latest posts