What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders v Roosters Discussion

greeneyed

First Grade
It said on WIN TV news tonight that Jason Croker should be back for this weeks game.

The coach again said that he "realised" during the game on the weekend that the things he was telling the team to do in the game plan weren't working and were restricting the team in a negative fashion...........

It said Davico got injured, but he is still hoping to be OK for the Roosters game......

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Good to see Elliot noticing the same things as us. Maybe Graham may make a return, i'd sure like to see Graham make a break and seeing Minichello giving chase. :D

Edwahu

Bench
Looks like it will be back to our traditional "up the guts" style this weekend then.

Its a risk but I really would like to see Campo at 5/8th. Our current kicking game will get us killed against the Roosters.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol:
i expect a back to basics game this week
and between us raider fans, i recon we will come up trumps

:lol:

Yeah if Graham isn't picked this week, then something is seriously wrong. Evans on the bench as a utility, and drop Bulgarelli.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yeah echo the above sentiments, Graham will definetly get picked. This Croker thing just goes on and on, just when we think he's gunna be back he has to pull out again. It's like a bloody mirage!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Nope, toots will be back this week
i want us to run with this team

1. Schif
2. Robbo
3. Graham
4. Mogg
5. Monnas (or trade graham and monnas)
6. Toots
7. Macca
8. Rhino
9. Woolford
10. Statue
11. Hodgson
12. Hindmarsh
13. Martin

14. Evo
15. Smith
16. Cross
17. Drew

Raider Ultra

Bench
Just thought of a good song, let's give it an airing on Saturday!

to the tune of rule brittannia:
Oh Can-ber-ra
Canberra rules Australia
Raiders never ever ever shall be slain ;-)

27/04/04: Fone Zone Canberra Raiders coach Matthew Elliott has named his side for this Sunday's round 8 NRL blockbuster against the Sydney Roosters.

Jason Croker is set to make his highly-anticipated return to the field, after a stint on the sidelines following corrective surgery on a screw in his leg. Croker has been abscent from the Raiders lineup since playing in the side's round 1 victory over the Dragons at OKI Jubilee Stadium and has been named on a 5-man bench by Elliott.

Raiders VB Premier League coach Wayne Collins has named a relatively unchanged lineup from last week's team which downed the Knights at Canberra Stadium. Josh Miller comes into the starting lineup, with Blake Hinschen returning to Jersey Flegg.

Fone Zone Canberra Raiders v Sydney Roosters

Telstra Premiership Round 8
2.30pm, Sunday 2 May, 2004
Aussie Stadium

Coach: Matthew Elliott

1. Clinton Schifcofske
2. Joel Monaghan
3. James Evans
4. Adam Mogg
5. Michael Robertson
6. Mark McLinden
7. Brad Drew
8. Ryan O’Hara
9. Simon Woolford (c)
10. Luke Davico
11. Tyran Smith
12. Michael Hodgson
13. Ian Hindmarsh

14. Jason Croker
15. Jason Bulgarelli
16. Ben Cross
17. Terry Martin
18. Troy Thompson

Fone Zone Canberra Raiders v Sydney Roosters

NSWRL Premier League Round 8
12.40pm, Sunday 2 May, 2004
Aussie Stadium

Coach: Wayne Collins

1. Matthew Gafa
2. Nathan Smith
3. Steve Franciscus
4. Phil Graham
5. David Milne
6. Terry Campese
7. Todd Carney
8. Mark Bryant (c)
9. Jarred Lawrence
10. Darren Porter
11. Alan Rothery
12. Kris Kahler
13. Josh Miller

14. Jack Pearson
15. Alex Blayden
16. Nick Kouparitsas
17. Mark Henry

No Graham.......... again.

I'm slowly starting to believe Paullyboy's theory about him. How he can be in PL when Bulgarelli is on the bench is beyond me...

BradtheRipper

Juniors
f**k me nothing has changed again? matty must really be convinced it's his pre-game coaching then.
the problem this season is the coach if he thinks drew is our 80min half. and phil has out played evo the last 3 weeks so has phil just going to have to wait for him to break his leg again? far out matty! boogs has no more development in him either he is another brain explosion. and he is useless being there for utility. because he has never played in the forwards. last week he was absolutely tired out by the forward work load. then got shifted out to the backs and was too fatiqued to defend well in the centres. great bench though with thommo' there for boogs though. why do we need a centre/backrower utility? robbo must be playing hurt. jason is already a utility. matty is not going to start toots on the bench everyweek, so start with a solid defender at half and bring drewey on later. or unless tyran's great game has left toots on the bench.

Evergreen

Juniors
By continuing to start Mogg and Evans in the centres, Matty must be working to consolidate our defence out wide which, it must be said, was left vverrryy wanting in our last two games. Both Mogg and Evans are fantastic defenders, but their effectiveness has been stifled by crappy coordination in compressed defence.

IMHO, we need to start injecting some venom in attack out wide, and if Graham has another stellar game in PL, he should be brought back into 1st grade and alternate between the centres and wing in attack and defence respectively - his defence is vastly improved but still not of a standard that Moggy and perhaps Monas could provide in the centre position.

MadDogMason

Juniors
I think the raiders will beat the chooks...Just got a hunch on it. Roosters have to get in a good win though so do the raiders...Should be an interesting clash 8)

Raider_69

Post Whore
im gonna go with MDM here
ive got a feeling that we are about to turn things around
Raiders by 4 8)