What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders v Roosters Discussion

If anyone's interested in reading this week's hilariously entertaining Melon's Matchups, you can check it out here. They're only a gee-up so they're intended to be biased, it's pretty funny.

sydraider

First Grade
I dont think evo has been playing that badly at all, i think what lets us down the most is our 5th tackle options, they have been pisspoor, our kicking game has been rather shocking. I dont thinkthe problem is with our outside backs but more to do with the transition of the ball from our pivots to our outside backs. I dont see drew as an 80 minute player, i do have a feeling however that since this is toots first game back for some time that matty wont want to start him straight away and more than likely bring him on after 20 and macca will shift to halfback. Still doesnt solve our problems though. I might sound like a broken record by now but elliot has to look for a better solution in this area, to me it is getting campo into the grind of first grade football. This will add a dimension in attack that we dont have, i feel drew isnt really offering anything except field goals.
I do feel for graham, he has been playing well, im sure he will get a run soon, i just dont think that evo has been playing badly at all, i feel he has been going quite well.
What elliot sees in boogs is beyond me, he is a reggies player in my eyes, we should be looking for another option, there are players in reggies that deserve a spot more then him i feel.
Anyways as for the game this week, if we dont turn it around we will find ourselves on the end of a battering, especially if our trademark falling asleep 20 each side of half time comes into the game, cant do that against the roosters, they will put on four tries in that time. Still nothing is impossible and if we perform we can knock them off, its just a matter of doing so.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I think thats a disapointing side. We were outplated by the sharks, narrowly avoided being beaten by the knights minus johns kennedy and they even had interchange trouble.

I think our form slump stems from our backs. At the moment we are relying on the forwards for the go forward and for the tries. Our only real chance of scoring is a macca grubber kick or bomb to monas wing.

Having said this I think the way to beat the rooster is up the middle. Hopefully our forwards can match them and our backs can lay on some tries for once.

evo hasnt been playin that bad but he can be used as a utility whereas boogas shouldnt be. graham starting and evo on the bench. drew should also be starting on the bench have campese at 5/8 and macca at half then have toots at lock at least till rubes gets bk then maybe shift croker into 5/8 have wiki and hodgo in 2nd row and have hindy at lock. smith, drew, cross and tongue for the bench
oh i cant wait till my player gets bk. WEYMAN all the way!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Just saw on the news a press conference with Matty and Germ, and Stiicky and Freddy to promote this week's match.

Apparently Germ's a big chance to get the Country hooking spot, so having a great game this weekend against the Country coach couldn't hurt.

thickos

First Grade
I think Toots off the bench could be a masterstroke. No matter who we play it seems like we rip up the first 20 minutes....then fall away. So if Toots comes off the bench, then a. Marty gets the half partner he plays better with b. toots will stiffen our defence. c. rotation with the forwards might not leave us short and ineffectual.

lets hope it works!

BAY72

Juniors
I agree with sydraider,
elliot has to look for a better solution in this area,
in my opinion it is the weekest part of our team, and I think that other teams are going to exploit it!
I think our form slump stems from our backs. At the moment we are relying on the forwards for the go forward and for the tries. Our only real chance of scoring is a macca grubber kick or bomb to monas wing.
I think the KEY word here is Macca!!
Drew although good with the drop goal (not even I can deny that) is terrible when it comes to strategic or placed kicks!! All too often we see the ball out on the full, or streight to the full back. I don't know if he's got one right all year.
We HAVE to fix this problem, cause I believe it has been the stem of most of our problems, and an obvious weak point in the team.

Germ said on NRL on Fox tonight that it would be "probably certain" (which is a very funny oxymoron :lol: ) that Toots would start at 5/8th on Sunday, and not come off the bench.

I'd presume that would mean Drew to the bench. We shall see...

Raider_69

Post Whore
I Bleed Green said:
Germ said on NRL on Fox tonight that it would be "probably certain" (which is a very funny oxymoron :lol: ) that Toots would start at 5/8th on Sunday, and not come off the bench.

I'd presume that would mean Drew to the bench. We shall see...

WOOT!

Also I forgot to mention that he also said that they've realised the expansive brand of footy that they're trying to play is stiffling their natural game, so they've decided to revert to their old game plan of playing it up the middle. Fingers crossed it works.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I Bleed Green said:
Also I forgot to mention that he also said that they've realised the expansive brand of footy that they're trying to play is stiffling their natural game, so they've decided to revert to their old game plan of playing it up the middle. Fingers crossed it works.

good news
:clap: :clap: :clap:

BAY72

Juniors
Well at least someone on the Sydney Footy Show remembered we are in the comp,
and think we have a chance.

raider_at_heart

Juniors
Boys the Raiders are paying $3.30 for a win this weekend. So looks like ill be heading down to the tab tommorow to put a lazy $10 for a healthy return. So i sugest everyone does the same.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yep, i shate myself when i saw that!
got the old man to throw a lazy twent on the raiders :mrgreen: