What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders v Storm - Post Match Discussion

Mal Meninga

Bench
That match was pitiful. Lacked the usual raiders enthusiasm, it was alot like last years disgraceful match against the Storm in Canberra. The jury is still out on Withers, although he trys hard, he's not stamping authority on the #7 jersey. Even his defense is starting to look sloppy at times.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
My thoughts,

Campo was decent considering we had barely any go forward...

Tongue had like 1 run if that from dummy half..yes he has heart but lacks something important..TALENT (no offense to the bloke cause i know his great off the field).

Cross was a beast..but didnt play long enough due to him bleeding almost all game..lol.

Tyran smith, one week his crap the next his decent..this was one of his better games (although still needed to do more IMO).

Crocker was great till he got on the field..not sure why he had a brain explosion and i still believe he can deliver next week.

Carney..HIS A PLAYMAKER..why on earth have a halfback on the bench till the last 30...he needs to get into the rythem of the game, making him watch till we get flogged isnt doing his confidence any good..he has potential but it wont matter if his used after we've lost the game.

Schif.. IS GOD..lol, i feel bad that his only played 1 Origin game considering his abilty to pretty much due everything on the field.

Phil, lol has turned into a monster hitter...well not really but he has been tackling pretty good this season..every touch it looks like something might happen..needs to get more involved.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Just wanted to say that I must give credit to the Raiders Army that was in the south eastern corner of the Stadium. They stayed there cheering their side right ot the very end while others left and then came over to us group of Storm supporters after the game and they are an excellent group of supporters. Sounds like they could be travelling down later in the year for the return match and I hope those that are on here that were part of the group enjoy the trip. Your a credit to your team.

Once again though, was disapointed to see so many fans leaving before full time, especially when there was still 20 minute to go. You;ve got a good team down there and good luck to them next week.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
And I almost forgot - it was excellent of your club to give the man of the match award to Melbourne's trainer Troy Thompson. :lol: :lol: :lol:

albi

Juniors
I think that we reserve our worst performances for games against Melbourne.

Does anyone remember the home semi-final against them a couple of years ago? To this day, I still consider that to be the worst performance I have ever seen.

Also, do the Raiders have a Sports Psychologist on staff? Frankly they need one. Their entire body language and mentality changes when they play them. Sure the Storm are probably the most devesting offensive side in the comp, but we seem to hold our own against the other top teams.

At least the Rooters lost!! Frankly they must be regretting forking out so much doe for Joel. He has been completely ineffective, and I imagine will soon find his way into reserve grade.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
albi said:
I think that we reserve our worst performances for games against Melbourne.

Does anyone remember the home semi-final against them a couple of years ago? To this day, I still consider that to be the worst performance I have ever seen.

Ooh! I do, I do! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
:lol: :lol:
turn it up LR :lol:

He heard his name by the ground announcer and was wondering what on earth his name was being called out for for a few seconds before someone explained what was happening. :lol: :lol: :lol:

woodgers

Bench
Just wanted to say that I must give credit to the Raiders Army that was in the south eastern corner of the Stadium. They stayed there cheering their side right ot the very end while others left and then came over to us group of Storm supporters after the game and they are an excellent group of supporters. Sounds like they could be travelling down later in the year for the return match and I hope those that are on here that were part of the group enjoy the trip. Your a credit to your team.
Thanks mate. We enjoyed mingling with your supporters and I hope you do well. If the Raiders miss the finals and Melbourne make it then I will certainly sit with you guys in Sydney to cheer on the Storm. We heard your lot from where we were which is better than anyone else this season. Pity that didn't make the paper :!:

I went to the ground happy to see a loss as long as Carney and Campo got some game time together. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see them working with each other. 50 minutes in was far too late for Carney, I remember Elliott did that to him last year at Penrith when we were getting spanked.

The defence out wide was pitiful, everytime Melbourne spread the ball they went in. Mogg is horrible in defence, Howell offers nothing with or without the ball. Milne has the Army guys gasping at his skills every time we see him play, he deserves a go.

Our attack is ordinary in the attacking 20. On the 4th and 5th tackle still sending telegraphed inside balls to Thommo and Croker doesn't fool anyone, let alone Melbourne who I believe are the best side in the comp at the moment.

The worst aspect of Sunday was the sheer disgust that we defended our line. No effort, no ticker. I was most annoyed at that Slater inside pass try in the 1st half. How many times this year have Melbourne scored off that? It is a standard Storm play and we stood there and watched them do it. Surely during the week the coaching staff pointed out that Slater running inside Hill or Orford is a priority to stop points. I am nervous about the Knights game, I hope Elliott picks a side today and sticks with it. NO late changes or tinkering, lets have a solid week of defending together at training.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Two weeks in a row our goal line defence has been disgraceful, hopefully Elliott flogs them in training this week and its ironed out for the Knights game.

thickos

First Grade
How do you know mate? Surely Robbo is more likely to get the call-up?

I'd like to see Jermaine get a run, but I'm guessing Elliott would lean towards experience with Robbo.

Surandy

Bench
Lord Reynoldson said:
And I almost forgot - it was excellent of your club to give the man of the match award to Melbourne's trainer Troy Thompson. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry LR but Storm's trainer is Troy Thomson. But it was funny to hear the announcement and see Thommo's stunned look followed by his grin. I'll definitely be ribbing him about it this week after the game against the Sharks.

And I look forward to seeing the Raider Army in Melbourne for the return match in July.

Latest posts