What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders v Storm - Post Match Discussion

azza

Juniors
I am away from home for this but I had to hop on at the local internet portal and voice my absolute f**king disgust with that performance.

Ok, I understand we are suffering from injuries but that does not excuse an absolutely disgraceful performance. Elliot you boofhead why don't you actually GIVE CARNEY A DECENT GO while we have a chance. This was our opportunity to give him a proper go and what happens - he sits his arse on the sideline while Elliot chews a cheap brand of gum and ponders how else he can make our team look like the worst f**king attacking side EVER.

Schif was our only high point, without him we will get pasted against the Knights next week. I would like to apologise to Graham, he is TRYING to get involved but Elliot has this team playing such a one-out brand of football that he never gets a chance to do anything with the pill.

And what's the deal with the defence? That I won't blame Elliot for - certain guys just had no idea out there. Maybe if Graham gets a go at FB next week he might be able to do something with the ball.

Campese really didn't offer much but at least he tried, as did Withers and Tongue. It is just incredibly frustrating that we have been rebuilding for 10 years and if it weren't for a 33 year old half brought back from the UK WE HAVE NOTHING.

One more thing - Melbourne were on another planet and far better than us but by gee they are a pack of dirty foul playing maggots. I have never seen a team get away with so much crap in the play the ball. Get back on the plane to AFL town you purple-wearing southern pricks!

sydraider

First Grade
I was pissed off that schif's try was disallowed, other than that I was pissed off at our commitment which was non existent.
Its gonna be a long four weks fellas, looks like we will have to get used to sliding down the table :cry:

legend

Coach
I thought Mogg and Howell were terrible. In fact, I can't say anyone besides Schif made an impact at all. The rest were embarrassing and we face a tough month to try and get back in the winners circle but for the life of me, I can't see what Tongue offers the team out of dummy half. A panic decision that was made to look exactly what it was, a poor decision made out of desperation.

Timbo

Staff member
We were poor. Beyond poor.

Choc wass our only first grader out there today.

The Knights must be licking their lips in anticipation.

brenno

Juniors
I just thought the General ball handling, defensive and attacking structive let the Raiders down. The line defence seemed in 2 minds alot of the time it was just woeful. That was probably the easiest 46 points i've seen any NRL side score this season. I think Elliott left Tongue at hooker for too long. Campese was ok and at least he got some time on the field unlike Carney :roll: :roll: . It was that period in the first 10mins of the 2nd half that let the Raiders down again. Disgraceful ballhandling and execution. Elliott has to start Carney next week and give him a fair go. No more of this 'protecting him' crap. Tongue's not a hooker either. His service out of dummy half was too slow. It also limited the opportunities for Mogg and Graham to get the ball in attack. Schif getting hurt could mean a LONG next month for this team. He was the only bloke out there who look to create something in attack. The senior blokes i.e. Croker, Adamson, Thompson, Withers were all pretty ordinary today too.

raidereski

Juniors
I never thought I'd be saying this, but right now I am not looking forward to the Knights next week.

Not at all.

legend

Coach
Well Newcaslte have the Bulldogs in a tight one with the Dogs ahead 24-20 with ten to go.

brenno

Juniors
How did the reggies go? Chalk play okay? Will probably be the fullback next week. How did Zillman go @ half back?

legend

Coach
One week out of ten doesn't cut the mustard for me. He'll probably be given the captaincy next week...

Evergreen

Juniors
I don't think I have been so angry after a game of football.

I'll be honest.....I didn't go to Canberra Stadium thinking that we were going to come away with the two points. We have too many injuries and amongst those are some important playmakers.

What I did go to see was the combination that our two rookie halves could put up against one of the best sides in the NRL. I was of the belief that they would give us some direction and keep the team competitive.

Cue Matthew Elliot....

His choice to leave Todd Carney out of the side until the 50TH MINUTE is an absolute disgrace! What is the point of putting a young bloke out there when the game's gone and the Storm are trampling over our seasoned competitors? When we were pressing the Storm's line in the first half, we needed some creativity - why the f*** not put one of our most exciting prospects on the f***ing field!!!!!!!! :evil:

We were given no chance when Elliot reneged on his pledge to pair Campese and Carney in the halves. Tongue, despite his efforts, was atrocious out of dummy half, and the problem is anybody from Blind bloody Freddy to Mr Magoo could see it coming....obviously the well paid Matt Elliot didn't.

I have been giving kudos to Elliot all week for his b***sh!t propaganda....I will know better next time. :evil:

Raider Azz

Bench
Thompson was solid. And of course Shif was spectacular like usual (until he got injured). The rest were shit.

munro200

Juniors
Canberra won Premier League 56-32 over North Sydney.
Bad luck today guys, if the ref wasn't so bad it would of been a tad closer, I was at the game. Shiff's was a try, Hill's wasn't and Slater should of been sin binned for his late hot on Withers

Timbo

Staff member
I have been giving kudos to Elliot all week for his b***sh!t propaganda....I will know better next time.

I agree.

I bet he'll name them at 6 and 7 next week and bench one of them before the start.

My team for next week:

1. Chalk
2. Frawley (Gafa if still injured)
3. Graham
4. Mogg
5. Howell
6. Campese
7. Carney
8. Miller
9. Withers
10. Thompson
11. Adamson
12. Kahler
13. Croker (played s*** though, his worst game ever this week)

Res:

14. Tongue
15. Hodgson
16. J. Williams
17. Cross/Raston/Hindmarsh

f*** everyone else off.

But... here's the team Elliot will pick:

1. Gafa
2. Graham
3. Frawley
4. Mogg
5. Howell
6. Carney/Campo
7. Withers
8. Tyran Smith
9. Tongue
10. Thompson
11. Adamson
12. Kahler
13. Croker

Res:

14. Carney/Campo
15. Hindmarsh
16. Miller
17. Hodgson

The non-use of Carney was disgraceful. He may not have won us the game, but he would have put us in a better position to TRY to win the freaking game.

munro200 said:
Canberra won Premier League 56-32 over North Sydney.
Bad luck today guys, if the ref wasn't so bad it would of been a tad closer, I was at the game. Shiff's was a try, Hill's wasn't and Slater should of been sin binned for his late hot on Withers

Thanks champ. The ref was a little odd at times. Slater should of gone. Kahler shouldn't of been penalised for a play the ball early in the game. Schif definately scored that try.

Ah well, the Storm have some good set plays, and the Raiders obviously hadn't seen them before because they all work perfectly. I don't think there was one time off a set move where the Storm didn't score.

Our outside backs have to move up in defence. Standing back and waiting for things to happen just doesn't work. Mogg, you don't have Drew or McLinden inside you anymore, WATCH YOUR BLOODY MAN!! Not the bloke inside you. Cripes!

Well done Tyran, now have a break next week, you can't play well twice in a row. Gonna be tough in Newie next week. Elliot, run with the young blokes starting. Tongue defended really well today, but his service from dummy half was ordinary. Linc should pass the ball more, spread it to the speed men and let them run through.

Ah well, there goes top spot...now watch the vultures circle.

Timbo

Staff member
Here's how I'd like next week to go:

1-M.Chalk
2-D.Howell
3-C.Frawley
4-A.Mogg
5-P.Graham
6-T.Campese
7-T.Carney (gk)
8-B.Cross
9-L.Withers
10-J.Miller
11-K.Kahler
12-M.Adamson
13-J.Croker (c)

14-T.Thompson
15-J.Williams
16-A.Tongue
17-M.Hodgson

Here's how I reckon Elliot will line them up:

1-M.Gafa (gk)
2-D.Howell
3-C.Frawley
4-A.Mogg
5-P.Graham
6-J.Croker (c)
7-L.Withers
8-T.Thompson
9-A.Tongue
10-B.Cross
11-I.Hindmarsh
12-M.Adamson
13-T.Smith

14-J.Miller
15-M.Hodgson
16-K.Kahler
17-T.Carney/T.Campese (doesnt matter which one he picks, they wont get on the field until the result is a forgone conclusion)

Evergreen

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
The non-use of Carney was disgraceful. He may not have won us the game, but he would have put us in a better position to TRY to win the freaking game.

My point exactly. I'm all for waiting to give him the right opportunity, don't push him into first grade too young etc etc, but what better opportunity is there than when we have three to four sets on the Melbourne line? And then, to make it worse, Elliot puts him on when the game's well and truly gone - great f***ing confidence booster that.

Also, what's the point of bringing Carney on just to drag Campese off?! Campo was having a go and at least looked to be competitive, yet Elliot drags him off after 50 minutes and offers him an early shower!!!! :evil: :evil:

Jesus Christ Elliot, if this is going to be your method of blooding young talent into the squad then you may as well f*** off right now.