What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders VS Bulldogs

Paullyboy

Coach
Horrid. Lucky for me there's a movie with Amy Smart on at the moment so that can cheer me up, I sure as freak wont be flicking back over to the disgrace that's being shown on fox 3 at the moment.

edabomb

First Grade
Absolute amateur hour.

Highlights have included:
- Carney kicking for touch on the 3rd tackle while 30 metres out from the Bulldogs line.
- Miller passing the ball to someone standing in front of him.
- Tilse being made to look like a child when being tackled by SBW.

bileduct

Coach
Leethal said:
That's the way, Raiders!! No need to worry, it's only the f**king season on the line!!

Until today it was only a mathematical chance that the Raiders could make the top 8. Realistically our season ended two weeks ago.

The real danger now, especially with the damage being done to our F&A, is that we are now firm wooden spoon candidates.

Leethal

Juniors
You're right bileduct. But you'd think, even with only an outside chance, you'd have a f**king go.

The Dogs will put 50 on us today and I doubt we'll get to double figures. Couple that with the Panthers getting up and yes, we're a decent shot for the spoon.

The Knights, however, may be our saviours......

bileduct

Coach
Leethal said:
But you'd think, even with only an outside chance, you'd have a f**king go.

I don't disagree at all. Even without the pressure of a possible finals appearance you'd still put in a better effort than this merkin rubbish.

nickraider

Juniors
I have just stopped watching this garbage. There is no desire in this Raiders side and the defence is absolutely woeful. I can't remember a Raiders side ever playing this badly. The whole team needs to take a good hard look at themselves. F**kin p*ss weak!!!

most inept display of football I have ever seen , they should hang their heads in shame , no effort what so ever , no use posting any 3-2-1 this week because in all honesty no-one deserves a single point. we were doing all the basic things wrong , stuff an U6 footy team can get right. The warriors will post 100 points next week if we play anything like that.:x

nickraider

Juniors
Yeah forget the 3-2-1. I still cannot believe how bad that was. You should be ashamed of yourselves Raiders. Pathetic!!

bileduct

Coach
That performance was deadset embarrassing.

There is something fundamentally wrong with our team to make the amount of ridiculous unforced errors that we made today. 17 errors. 52 missed tackles. Un-f**king-acceptable.

Our defence was atrocious. Graham and Weyman were absolute turnstyles out there. The Bulldogs targeted our left side defence and just walked all over them.

Any play we made that looked threatening was immediately countered with amateurishness that bordered on criminality. Take for instance the final Bulldogs try - Carney puts in a great 40/20, we spread the ball wide after the scrum and Best drops an absolute sitter leading to an 80m try.

I have no confidence that we will win any of our remaining games this year.

This is the wooden spoon team that everyone made predictions about at the start of the year. We just have to cross our fingers and hope that the Knights and Panthers don't put any wins on the board for the rest of the season.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Some blame has to go the coach IMO. That was an ordinary side to say the least. Having said that the 17 that took the fied were woeful. We need to offload a couple of forwards and get some more backs. If Monaghan is our only signing then we are in real trouble. The whole backline was rubbish and I would say goodbye to Kelly, Best and Howell straight away and banish Graham to the wing for the rest of his career, which brings me on to the halves. No wonder they only signed Dobson for one year, he is not the answer. I think you will see Carney at 7 and Campeses at 6 next week. Also have to look closely at Cross, Sau and Goodwin to replace the other hacks. Hopefully Thurling will come in to consideration for the likes of Miller who is way off his best. I would stick with Hinchcliffe and drop Withers as well. Costigan can play hooker if needed. Thank Christ the season is over, I don't want to hear all this bullsh*t about being a young side either. I doubt on average that we are much younger, if at all, than quite a few other sides.

nickraider

Juniors
Yeah, Graham had an absolute shocker in defence. He was left grasping for air on numerous occasions. Carney was terrible in defence also, as was Chalk. We consistently miss 50+ tackles in a game and that is just unacceptable. If Carney is to be the superstar everyone was talking him up to be, he must start playing consistent footy week in, week out. He's played over 50 first grade games now and needs to assert himself more imo. There was no passion out there - the body language said it all.

Have some pride in the Canberra Raiders jersey boys!!

The PL team lost as well yesterday , the Flegg side won today , which would of put up more resistance than anything the FG showed today. The good thing for us is Knights and panthers have to play each other, This was the dead set worst performance ive watched , Im embarrased for the players , how do you fix it , not as if Henry can bring a big stick out and crack them over the head. He said the halves were on notice , goodbye to one or both, Carney has the goods but I dont know WTF is going on.

Leethal

Juniors
I posted this on another forum, thought it might belong here:

What we need is an Alan Tongue cloning machine. We could make, say 24 clones, cut out their hearts, cut off their balls, and attach them to the rest of detritus that constitutes the Canberra Raiders First Grade squad.

nickraider

Juniors
Leethal said:
I posted this on another forum, thought it might belong here:

What we need is an Alan Tongue cloning machine. We could make, say 24 clones, cut out their hearts, cut off their balls, and attach them to the rest of detritus that constitutes the Canberra Raiders First Grade squad.

Nice. Tonguey is the Canberra Raiders. Nobody else deserves a mention after that sh*te.

dubby

Bench
Something lurks beneath the surface that can only be described as dissent in the ranks of the Raiders.

I think the players are not responding to Neil Henrys coaching method. Its been obvious for a few weeks now.

nickraider

Juniors
dubby said:
Something lurks beneath the surface that can only be described as dissent in the ranks of the Raiders.

I think the players are not responding to Neil Henrys coaching method. Its been obvious for a few weeks now.

They should be showing some heart Dubby and playing for each other and the supporters if nothing else!!

Chachi

Bench
dubby said:

Is that just an observation based on performance dubby, or from things you've been hearing?

The reason I ask is that some of the worst performances out there came from guys who wouldn't appear to have a gripe with Henry (his selection policies anyway).

Bay56

First Grade
Just back from the big smoke and I'm not going to read other peoples comments ... I was seething enough in the car on the way home.

THANKS HENRY FOR NOTHING .... WHAT SORT OF SH * TE WAS THAT !!!!

I'd like the club to refund my petrol money, toll booth and the experiences I missed out not having a nice relaxing day in Canberra.

f**king HELL !!!

If the coach drops players for average performances why in the hell does that soft c**k Tilse remain in the side week in/out ... let Tilse go back to PL and hone his "skils".

The coach gets what he deserves with his team selections ... the buck stops at him.

We are no closer to be a force in the NRL than little Johnny is of betting rudderless at the next federal election.

ABSOLUTE SH*TE !!

Latest posts