What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Dogs

Miller returns for Bulldogs clash

22/06/2010 1:30:40 PM

Canberra Raiders forward Josh Miller will make his return from injury this weekend, for the Raiders match on Monday night against the Bulldogs at Canberra Stadium.
Miller replaces the injured Scott Logan who was cleared of a fracture to his right arm, but will still miss a week or two due to the injury he sustained against the Wests Tigers on Sunday afternoon.
The other main change for the Raiders is Adam Mogg shifting to starting halfback for the Green Machine, with Josh McCrone set to start the game from the interchange bench.
Lock Shaun Fensom will start the game this week with number 13 on his back, after he was impressive in last weeks loss to the Tigers after being given the chance to start the game in front of Trevor Thurling.
Raiders Coach David Furner said the switch of Mogg to halfback is to give the Raiders an older head in the number seven, while Millers return is also a big boost.
“Having Moggy at half gives us some more experience in the halves and will help us get around the park a bit better against the Bulldogs,” Furner said. “It’s also great to have a guy like Josh Miller coming back into the team after a few weeks off through injury and we’ll be a better side with him in the 17.”
Joe Picker and Justin Carney have been named on an extended Raiders bench.

CANBERRA RAIDERS V CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS
MONDAY JUNE 28, 7.00PM
CANBERRA STADIUM
NRL

1. DAVID MILNE
2. JOEL MONAGHAN
3. JARROD CROKER
4. JOEL THOMPSON
5. DANIEL VIDOT
6. TERRY CAMPESE (C)
7. ADAM MOGG
8. DANE TILSE
9. GLEN BUTTRISS
10. DAVID SHILLINGTON
11. TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
12. BRONSON HARRISON
13. SHAUN FENSOM
14. JOSH McCRONE
15. TREVOR THURLING
16. TROY THOMPSON
17. JOSH MILLER
18. JOE PICKER
19. JUSTIN CARNEY
COACH: DAVID FURNER

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=27067&miller-returns-for-bulldogs-clash

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Where the f**k is Dugan? I thought he'd be back this week! Pretty good team tho. I reckon if Carney and Dugan came in it pretty much be our best team (oh yeah and Tongue in the 17 somewhere)

aussies1st

Staff member
That's a good side, looks like Furner is listening to us. Just need to get rid of that split halves combo and we are set.

Macko8

Juniors
Hopefully dugan gets the all clear,would love to see carney get a go.

I like the fact thurling and miller will start from the bench,alot of impact there.

Fensom deserves his run on position,his fast becoming a dead set great player,as well as J.Thompson.

I dont wanna see joe picker in FG again this season...the end

aussies1st

Staff member
Injured, wasn't playing for SL this week but I don't think hes in the frame anyway. Yep hopefully Dugan is a late inclusion, that would complete that side.

shear_joy9

Coach
good side.
would be what I'd select besides mcrone for carney and the dugan/milne situation.
If dugan is a late starter, I'd love to see milne in for mccrone on the bench. He would have a far greater impact.

great to see miller back. That forward pack should be able to monster over the dogs one.

Cryptic

Juniors
Happy with the side minus that we should swap McCrone for Carney... Again, depends on how we play on the day though... Go no split halves!

Cryptic

Juniors
Hmm noticed they are starting Barba at 5/8... Really hope the plan is to direct forward after forward his way and show him why starting against the largest forward pack in the comp is a bad idea...

Hmm noticed they are starting Barba at 5/8... Really hope the plan is to direct forward after forward his way and show him why starting against the largest forward pack in the comp is a bad idea...

Now that would be logical coaching. i hope it happens

aussies1st

Staff member
Reported in the Canberra times that Dugan is back and Croker to continue goal kicking duties. Great to have Dugan back as our attack has not been the same in the last couple of weeks.

Cryptic

Juniors
Yeah the Raiders facebook updated about Dugan too... PLEASE put Milne on the bench and drop McCrone!

Latest posts