What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
That's been ruled out by the West Australian Football Commission for now.
Canberra most likely.
Darwin would need federal propping up for decades.
Ballarat or Bendigo need to be at least twice as populous.
Cairns would be harder than Goldcoast.
WA's South West centred around Bunbury needs double the population. Yet if they leaned into Aboriginal legacy, that region has more runs on the board than Darwin.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Thank you, what an absolute pleasure to watch, I`m a Saints supporter nbut he was one of my favourites, such an ungainly running style yet so beautifully balanced and evasive, his ability to spot a gap and get through it, truly sublime.
Btw didn`t have that great try where he chipped ahead rekicked the ball on the full before it landed , caught it and scored.

The GOAT try. Rabs commentating at his peak is the cherry on top.

Canberra most likely.
WA's South West centred around Bunbury needs double the population. Yet if they leaned into Aboriginal legacy, that region has more runs on the board than Darwin.
Gold Coast Suns have been a disaster for AwFuL.

Brisbane Lions will never be a strong club in the Queensland market.

Milhouse2020

Juniors
Canberra most likely.

I think Cairns would be, in the long term, a more viable team. North Queenslanders are known for considering themselves separate from the rest of Queensland so if the AFL were to tap into that, they could build a solid foundation there.

I believe we shouldn't be culling any more teams, not that we NEED 9 teams... if they were to fall over its a different story, but why pick the eyes out of it?
Cronulla would have fallen over without assistance from V'landys. He's now trying to introduce a 10th Sydney team. You're supportive of his stance. Sorry MugaB, but it's obvious you want more Sydney clubs.

Milhouse2020

Juniors
I believe we shouldn't be culling any more teams, not that we NEED 9 teams... if they were to fall over its a different story, but why pick the eyes out of it?

Because Sydney can no longer sustain 9 teams in Sydney. Mark my words, by 2030, you'll be seeing AT LEAST 3 Sydney teams relocating to other cities.

Latest posts