What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Dragons

Raiders unchanged for Dragons

19/07/2011 4:00:14 PM

The Canberra Raiders have named the same line-up for Monday night’s match against the St George-Illawarra Dragons at Canberra Stadium, with injuries hampering the ability to make changes to the team which lost to the Storm last weekend.
Danny Galea will line up in the centres again this weekend with Jarrod Croker expected to miss at least this weekend with a back injury, while David Shillington is still another week away from returning from his injured pectoral muscle.
Josh Papalii is an outside chance of returning to the Raiders team but will have to undergo fitness tests on his groin later in the week, while Reece Robinson is set to miss another 3-4 weeks with his knee injury.
Raiders Assistant Coach Andrew McFadden said the team is struggling at the moment with injury, but said they still believed they had enough quality in the team to get the job done against the Dragons.
“We’ve lost a few players over the past few weeks with injury which has hurt team consistency but we’re confident the guys coming in can perform well for the team,” McFadden said. “Danny Galea took some time to adjust to his role at centre last weekend but improved as the game went on and with another week of training under his belt we know he can do the job.
“The Dragons are obviously one of the best teams in the NRL at the moment and we will have to improve if we’re going to beat them this weekend, but the players are keen to improve on last week’s effort and it will be a good game,” he said.

1. Josh Dugan
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Danny Galea
4. Joel Thompson
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Josh McCrone
7. Sam Williams
8. Brett White
9. Alan Tongue (c)
10. Dane Tilse
11. Joe Picker
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Glen Buttriss
15. Josh Miller
16. Trevor Thurling
17. Sam Mataora

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=team

@TimGavel Raiders have applied to get Drury Low back from S Logan

aussies1st

Staff member
Even if we don't get Low surely one of the u20s can step up, heck throw Massey to wing and Vidot to centre. Our season is over so no point having stop gap options. As for the rest, insert usual comment after Furner names his side.

shear_joy9

Coach
9. Alan Tongue (c) :thumbd:

why is galea still in the side? Not only is the guy a f**king useless footy player but he won't be at the club next season. Throw in a guy from the u20's or even chuck Thurling in there.

Timbo

Staff member
'We just need to get the little things right'

f**k me this gets more depressing with each passing day.

dreaming 09

Juniors
Even if we don't get Low surely one of the u20s can step up, heck throw Massey to wing and Vidot to centre. Our season is over so no point having stop gap options. As for the rest, insert usual comment after Furner names his side.

As you have said our season is over. And I know where you are coming from, but why keep taking from the U20's team. Your pulling their team apart, and their chance to go to the finals and premiership.
I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to play in FG, it also costs extra $ to use them.

I like the idea of Vidot in the centers.

Matt Cooper would absolutely annihilate him and his funky hair style.

aussies1st

Staff member
As you have said our season is over. And I know where you are coming from, but why keep taking from the U20's team. Your pulling their team apart, and their chance to go to the finals and premiership.
I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to play in FG, it also costs extra $ to use them.

Ain't going to make much difference if we pull out a centre, they have gone downhill since Williams was promoted and only he will change their fortunes.

Wow....you don't know anything about footy do you....

He is playing well and better than the other centre in the Dragons team.

I wish he had been available for NSW , it may have been a different story

It doesnt change the fact that Galea is going to own him :lol:

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
He has just about been the best centre in the NRL this year. Was a huge loss for us during the origin period as we were counting on his presence whilst others were on rep duties.

Gasnier has been good all year too but has been overshadowed by Cooper. Our attack is so fluent on the left that it certainly helps Cooper look good.

Sure coops will be losing sleep this week.

Last edited:

supera

Juniors
anyone wanna make a crowd prediction?

it's been around 13k all year, but the dragons are a draw.

with that said, Monday nights a bitch, and it's friggen freezing.

so more or less than usual?

Without Campese, Shillington, TLL and Croker, it's going to take some Dugan magic for the Raiders to get home tonight. The Dragons backline is looking pretty scary!