What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs. Roosters Round 24

Kris_man

Bench
I'm gonna make some "fearless predictions" about this week's game against the Roosters. here they are:
1) We won't win. In fact, we'll get flogged by a red-hot Roosters outfit, who are recently under less pressure to perform after the Bulldogs have relieved them of the ' title favourites' tag. Come on guys, we couldn't even beat them last year. It is logically possible for us to win, therefore there is hope, but I like to say this to the "posos", as an acid test :would you place money on the Raiders to win? I wouldn't even put $5.
2) Todd Carney will not be selected in the 17, nor will Campese.
3) Both Drew and Bulgarelli will be in the starting 13. Even if Drew is not named in the 13, come game day he will start, at the expense of McLinden.
4) Wiki and Smith will not be acquitted, but Elliott will pick them in his team tomorrow. We won't, therefore, know their replacements until later in the week.

Anonymous

Juniors
kris_man said:
I'm gonna make some "fearless predictions" about this week's game against the Roosters. here they are:
1) We won't win. In fact, we'll get flogged by a red-hot Roosters outfit, who are recently under less pressure to perform after the Bulldogs have relieved them of the ' title favourites' tag. Come on guys, we couldn't even beat them last year. It is logically possible for us to win, therefore there is hope, but I like to say this to the "posos", as an acid test :would you place money on the Raiders to win? I wouldn't even put $5.
2) Todd Carney will not be selected in the 17, nor will Campese.
3) Both Drew and Bulgarelli will be in the starting 13. Even if Drew is not named in the 13, come game day he will start, at the expense of McLinden.
4) Wiki and Smith will not be acquitted, but Elliott will pick them in his team tomorrow. We won't, therefore, know their replacements until later in the week.

I agree with everything, except perhaps point 4, as I think they'll both cop early pleas.

I especially agree with point 2.

1. Agree
2. Totally agree.
3. Yyyyyyyyep. Although on last week's performance, Boogs deserves to be there, and I guess so was Drew, he wasn't God awful - his kicking game was 100 x better than McLinden's.
4. Wrong. They've already copped early guilty pleas. I'm really interested to see the team tomorrow and how bad it looks...

thickos

First Grade
1. Unless the Roosters are off their game badly, we will lose. But $5 is nothing - if the odds are juicy, why not? :p

2. Campo no way, Carney more of a shot but I doubt it as well.

3. Boogas to start definitely. Not sure on Drew though - its not as if it worked...

4. Miller, Rothery, Kahler should all be there. (Rothery if fit). Bryant is pretty useless IMO.

greeneyed

First Grade
Summary of story in today's CT:

Since bursting onto the football scene in 1998, 25 year old Mark McLinden is suffering the worst form slump of his career.

The former West Belconnen junior told Matt Elliott to start him on the bench last weekend in favour of Brad Drew at halfback. While not intending to do the same this weekend, McLinden is aware that another poor performance this weekend could see him dropped to Premier League.

"I have been very disappointed in my form over the last probably six weeks - it's one of the biggest form slumps I've been in" McLinden said. "I need to find answers as to why I'm playing like this and if putting myself on the bench helps find answers, then I'm all for it. I have been struggling with energy for the past few weeks and I think that's my main problem."

A lack of continuity with half partners has not helped, with a variety of combinations used. When asked how he thought the partnership with Drew would work this weekend, McLinden replied "Not overly confident. Brad and I haven't played too much together recently but we've remained close all the way through the season and our early form was good, so at least we know we can do it."

McLinden has a huge challenge in opposing five eighth Brad Fittler. "Last time we talked about myself playing Brad Fittler we talked it up a little bit and I was confident going into it but he showed me a few things that day" McLinden said.

thickos

First Grade
From the SMH:

Canberra winger Michael Robertson (knee) and centre Matthew Gafa (shoulder) are in doubt for the game against the Sydney Roosters on Sunday. Coach Matthew Elliott has retained a 19-man squad.

Kris_man

Bench
but i like the way mclinden can admit that there's a problem. it's something elliott doesn't like doing, but i think it's a good thing. like they tell us alcoholics anonymous: "the first step is admitting you have a problem"

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
so kris man, I guess you been over-hearing the conversations Elliott and McLinden have been having about his problem.....

Kris_man

Bench
Raiders 2004 said:
so kris man, I guess you been over-hearing the conversations Elliott and McLinden have been having about his problem.....
i have no idea whatsoever what you mean by that. #-o #-o #-o I was trying to McLinden some credit for having the guts to openly admit his drop in form.

Raiders @ $3.55 I might put a tenner on that :p Who knows, maybe this special jersey can inspire us.

Also $5 on Marshall Chalk for first try scorer, i'm thinking a bomb to Hegarty with Chalk out jumping him and scoring in the corner :p

Tik

Juniors
My predictions:

* Raiders to win by 10

* O'hara to carve 'em up

* Boogers to score 2 tries (and get man of the match)

* Elliot to go through 3 packets of hubba bubba

GO YOU GOOD THINGS

Latest posts