What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs. Roosters Round 24

thickos

First Grade
I think everyone is bloody disappointed with Macca. Its a shame, he is running around out there and every time you think that when he has the ball something exciting is going to happen. Sadly he doesnt use his outside men well and when he isnt running himself he looks pedestrian. Drew went a lot better than him yesterday.

Like has been said before it could have been anything after the first 20 minutes but the boys rallied and the last hour was pleasing and warmed the deep recesses of my heart. Chalky went OK on debut but struggled with his hands - he didn't look out of place however. Bryant is pretty useless but the forwards went alright against a far superior pack - pity the efforts of previous weeks have killed off the 04 campaign. A sustained effort is required each and every week in this competition.

I am going to agree with Azza and Bay56 (shock!! horror!! 8) ) McLinden has been the disappointing thing of the whole season. I cannot comment on yesterdays performance as I had to spend the weekend in mexico and was flew back sunday arvo, but watching the half hearted attempts of recent weeks, more importantly against Melbourne last week, it just isn't the same kid you see in the replays of the games in the late 90's. Gone is the smile, the energy, of the little whippet in the headgear. As it stands what Big League wrote about him is half right. He's hot when he's hot, but a liability when not. I hope next year with a senior back (ie Smith) to take over the reins of leading the side around he can have the freedom to enjoy his footy again. Even Skippy was enjoying the last few games more than McLinden. Ah well, it's been a disappointing year all round. So many heart breaks this year, next year has to be better.

I received the letter of apology from the Raiders today for this season, and saying next year will be better and asking for membership renewal. Whilst I still have the faint hope of seeing the Raiders in the finals this year, if not I look forward to next year 8)

greeneyed

First Grade
I got that letter too... didn't make me feel one bit better. At least they acknowledged the zillions of phone calls and emails from the fans unhappy with the running of the club.... Mine added to their tally....

Brimmer

Juniors
So all members get one?

Oh... that's good because I really thought a letter of appology is probably the right way to go especially after this season.

Why aren't I a member? Well, living in Brisso I really didn't see a point. But getting stuff like that in the mail... I might have to have a re-think.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
You get 10% discount if your a member on merchandise bought through the club. Also if your a country member, u get free entry into one game of your choice. For someone in Brisbane, maybe coming down once a year is possible if theres time. 8)

greeneyed

First Grade
Country Membership is ideal for someone in Brisbane as outlined at the Raiders website, and is easily worth the price:

You will receive one entry into a Raiders home or away game of your choice (excluding finals)
Simply contact the Raiders HQ one week prior to the game

2004 Members Cap
A Raiders Poster and Sticker
10% discount on all Raiders merchandise purchased through www.raiders.com.au

Subscription to the Members Only section on Raiders website
Subscription to The Crusade Newsletter - the Raiders email newsletter

$35 (+ $8 P&H for interstate memberships)

jed

First Grade
Although if you're in Brisbane, you could also have used your 1 ticket to see the Raiders in one of their few "away" victories.

Raider Azz

Bench
Did anyone else get their renewal form for membership next year? Next year intstead of scarfs they are giving us a long sleeve shirt.

Raider Azz

Bench
ball boy said:
even for junior members ?
No idea. Did you get a cap and a scarf this year? If you did, then it'd be safe to assume you'll get a cap and the long sleeve shirt next year ;-)

thickos

First Grade
You're the ball boy dammit - you get heaps of free stuff! And you wont even get hrundi and i a free tracksuit! :p :x :lol:

Latest posts