What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

raiders vs Rooters

edabomb

First Grade
We are even more impotent with Mogg at 7.

What a crap display. I am feeling very hollow.

I'm not terribly gutted. I accept the fact we'll only win 3 or 4 games from here on in, sux to lose to the Roosters though :x

cucuboth

Juniors
I said after the game against the Dragons that, even though we won, our inability to score points was a BIG problem ... and pretty much got chased out of this forum by a mob with flaming torches and pitch-forks.

Teams know they only have to score 18-20 points, and we're as good as done. We can't even manage to get to that amount!

Mogg isn't a halfback. I don't know what he is. He looks too slow to be a center or winger. Is Dugan fully fit? He doesn't look like it. His confidence looks shattered. The same with Campese. Our forwards can bend the line, but, there's little to no back-up.

All we can do is kick. Kick, kick, kick. And they're nothing kicks most of the time. We don't even put much pressure on trying to get a repeat set.

I never wanted to say it, but yeah, I think it's time for Furner to step down. He can't motivate this team to even play for pride! Maybe let Hagan take over for the rest of the season. This team is going backwards. Are we close to making any announcement on signings? We're no chance of getting Michael Gordon, let alone Cooper Cronk or Cameron Smith. Dugan will walk if we don't show some sign of going forward .. and others will probably follow.

bileduct

Coach
I'm not terribly gutted. I accept the fact we'll only win 3 or 4 games from here on in, sux to lose to the Roosters though :x
You're kidding yourself if you think we'll win that many games.

The only teams that we will even remotely threaten will be the Cowboys and Sharks which are both at home.

We will win a legitimate wooden spoon this year, only for the Storm to rob it from us.

bileduct

Coach
Mogg isn't a halfback. I don't know what he is. He looks too slow to be a center or winger. Is Dugan fully fit? He doesn't look like it. His confidence looks shattered. The same with Campese.
Did you hear Campese get interviewed after the game?

He sounded close to tears and really had nothing to say.

Then again, what can you say.

Raider_69

Post Whore
We still looked rubbish in attack for mine. You'll probably rate that as a top performance though.

And we only managed to score two thirds of our last two weeks combined.

haha, its an improvement though :p
but yea we were pretty dreadful. Campese did play better and he did take the line on a tad more and our right hand attack did look more threating. Still not good enough though
Picker looked good today before injury ended his day

edabomb

First Grade
haha, its an improvement though :p
but yea we were pretty dreadful. Campese did play better and he did take the line on a tad more and our right hand attack did look more threating. Still not good enough though
Picker looked good today before injury ended his day

I will agree Picker looked the best he has in a while.

cucuboth

Juniors
How much say do the players have in the on field structure and plays? Surely they can say that, hey, THIS is what was working for us in 2008, lets go and try playing like that! The talent is there. Most of the players are the same, if not better, than what we had then.

Or does Furner tell them what to do, and they just stick to that like mindless robots?

shear_joy9

Coach
I might have to go down to bruce to check out a few training sessions. Surely they must practise some attacking plays.

All I've seen them do on the training field is sprints and tackle bag drills.

I might have to go down to bruce to check out a few training sessions. Surely they must practise some attacking plays.

All I've seen them do on the training field is sprints and tackle bag drills.

they interviewed someone before the game ( i cant remember who ) but they said all week they have been doing attacking drills.

thats the biggest joke of all time

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
yeah I saw furner in an interview saying how they did alot of attack practice at training..hard to believe! imagine if they didnt practice in attack.

Cryptic

Juniors
Campese didn't take the line on that much and when he did it was because he was forced to (plays out of position so he couldn't pass it to them) or a bad call to do so (three players in front of him). Mogg took on the line more, granted equally ineffectively...