What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RALPH Review

devonuto

Juniors
BOOTING UP
The complete lack of a rugby league video game has perplexed fans (and the UN security council) for years. At last, here it is - an Aussie-made balltearer featuring all of 2003's NRL team line-ups, Super League sides, Test footy and State of Origin.

HIGH SCORE
It's a cinch to play, the action's non-stop, the tackles look like they hurt, you can customize practically everything, there's a bullet-time effect when you kick, and the amount of time you play unlocks the extras - not how many grand finals you win.

EJECT EJECT!
About the only real weakness is the graphics, which can look a wee bit simple at times. The NRL wouldn't let the programmers include fighting either. Reg Reagan must be turning in the pile of KB cans he sleeps in.

GAME OVER
Where has this game been all our lives? It's fun like Pamela Anderson's tits are big, it's as addictive as crack mixed with pethidine - and could be the only way South Sydney get to win next year, BUY IT 4 1/2 Stars

Maccas

Juniors
That sounds very very good.
The best sounding bit of that is the graphics were the worst part, from the movies they look a bit above average, and im happy if thats the worst bit.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
WOH!! another great review..........though i dont get how magazines keep sayin the graphics are "a bit simple" they look great on the movie and screenies and it would have 2 be at least 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% better graphics than rugby 2004

im sure reg wouldnt be that dissapointed after all u can spear ppl....... :D :D :D

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Good review that one. Has anyone else got reviews from magazines or websites to post up because i think alot of people would like to read them, including me.

Cheers.

izzo

Juniors
Bunny Boy said:
Every bloody review mentions Souths and how were crap yada yada yada....
Mongrels !

:evil:

When we win our 21st Premiership we will write into these fools and pay the shit outta them :D

Priddo

Juniors
izzo said:
Bunny Boy said:
Every bloody review mentions Souths and how were crap yada yada yada....
Mongrels !

:evil:

When we win our 21st Premiership we will write into these fools and pay the sh*t outta them :D

we'll all be dead and buried by then :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
egarly awaiting my ralph to come in th mail
looking good, that out rates both AFL and Union is i remember correctly

devonuto

Juniors
-JJ- said:
devonuto said:
BOOTING UP
an Aussie-made balltearer

Australia should not credit themselves for something so good. :eek:

I was waiting for someone to notice that... but to be fair in the review it said it was a Home Entertainment Suppliers game... which is an Aussie company. But I do give a lot of credit the the Kiwis for making this game when so many Australian companies had dissed the idea for so long.

Bunny Boy

Juniors
devonuto said:
-JJ- said:
devonuto said:
BOOTING UP
an Aussie-made balltearer

Australia should not credit themselves for something so good. :eek:

I was waiting for someone to notice that... but to be fair in the review it said it was a Home Entertainment Suppliers game... which is an Aussie company. But I do give a lot of credit the the Kiwis for making this game when so many Australian companies had dissed the idea for so long.

I think youve missed the point mate....

TripleM

Juniors
Cool about the unlockables being how you long you play.. that'll give the game more lastibility anyway..

Mario

Juniors
TripleM said:
Cool about the unlockables being how you long you play.. that'll give the game more lastibility anyway..

Thats actually slightly incorrect. Some unlockables require you to play for a certain amount of time, and some require you to win particular competitions.

So, dependent on your skill level, you should be able to unlock some stuff no matter how you approach the game.

sheep

Juniors
Mario said:
Can someone please let me know what page of RALPH the review is on. Thanks.

I bet you had no hesitation to rush out and buy the latest copy of ralph, did you muzza....After all your only human (we think)

Latest posts