What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramjet changes allegiances...again

Tom Ace

Bench
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23212528-23214,00.html

Carroll wants to play for Kiwis

February 14, 2008
BRISBANE forward and former Australian international Tonie Carroll is reportedly keen to end his rugby league career by playing for New Zealand in this year's World Cup.
Carroll, who last month said he had retired from representative football and would end his NRL career at the end of the 2008 season, has told NZTV he again wants to line-up for the Kiwis.

Christchurch-born Carroll, who made his State of Origin debut in 1998 for Queensland, played five Tests for New Zealand under a special dispensation for the 2000 World Cup.

He has since represented Australia seven times - as well as playing 18 Origin, including Queensland's series win last year - but now wants to end his career as a Kiwi.

"I've always said I'm a Kiwi," Carroll said in the interview with One Sport.

"I love being a Kiwi.

"The Kiwi blood is tough and that's what rugby league is about, it's toughness."

DeeGan

Bench
Tonie Carroll is a tool. End of.

If this about face is allowed to happen yet again, the joke is on the game of rugby league. Hell, if I was a Kiwi coach/player/administrator I would tell him to f**k off.

simon says

First Grade
IMO this feller has already made a mockery of the system.......why get in his way now.

What a farce........

dubby

Bench
Ramjet :lol: priceless!

He wants to play for the Kiwis because he aint good enough for the aussie team.

The Colonel

Immortal
Wayne Bennet was the main reason he played for Australia so it seems fitting that now Bennett is the co-ordinator for the Kiwi side then he'll get selected if he is allowed change allegiances again.

Makes a mockery of the system though...... and with some luck neither Australia nor the Kiwis see fit to allow it.

"I've always said I'm a Kiwi," Carroll said in the interview with One Sport.

"I love being a Kiwi.

So why did you play for Australia if you were a Kiwi and you love it so much? Or does it now just fit the agenda........ :roll:

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Wonder how the players that have made the tough decisions to give up the chance of origin and play for their actual country feel about it. I doubt the rest of the Kiwi's would want to suit up with a guy standing next to them who would just as easy play for the opposition than them. With Bennett around however he will get a run if he wants it.

miccle

Bench
Fecking gutted! :x

Tunsa is one of my all time faves and I've had so much respect for the guy up until now. Fair call, IMO, re: the last league world cup. International league was in SUCH a shambles and the same rules applied to all non-Australian countries then that now still applies to the real minnows (ie. Matt Peterson playing for the US despite being more than eligible for the 'Roos).

This call by TC now absolutely reeks. My respect for him has been pegged well back and I hope to god that he isn't allowed to go through with it.

aids

Bench
does this highlight the pathetic reprasentative rules, the questionale morals of a man or the ammount of power a single club or administrator has to corrupt the rules?

eels_fan_01

Bench
This is so f**ked.

I cant believe hes statements considering he played for New Zealand then Australia now wants to go back to playing with New Zealand.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
hope this isnt allowed to go through. the laws are already ridiculously lax I'd hate to see him play for NZ->Aus->NZ again with qld in between.

hmmm will benny take Hunt as well?

GotheTITANS

Juniors
idiot yet didnt he wear an aussie jumper? it shows that the only reason kiwis want to play for Australia is because of state or origin. if it was was not for origin the likes of Caroll, Thorn, Hunt and mason and the others before them and the ones to come would represent New Zealand not Australia. Thats why its all just 1 big fat joke and Tonnie 'Big Jaw' Caroll just proved what a joke rep footy is.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I really do question players who say they want to play origin because its the hardest game on the planet.

Wouldn't the hardest game on the planet actually playing agaisnt Australia?

Always wondered about that one.

Latest posts