What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random International News

adamkungl

Immortal
I just don’t have any enthusiasm for the Knights.

I feel like there's a time and a place for the big 3 to use their development teams, but this isn't it.
Eg. The Test team is playing Australia while there's another tournament at the same time.
If England Knights were gonna play this year, why not just join the Euro Cup?

At least France is getting a competitive warm-up game.
Will England's test side have a warm-up before playing the Kangaroos?

Springs09

Juniors
England have only 3 tests booked in for 2020 at the moment, with an easy two weeks either side of the Ashes series for more tests, and the f**king Knights are playing France. Our game is geniused.

adamkungl

Immortal
If this is true (and it might not be confirmed yet)
it also means Australia won't be playing the Knights (good) but also won't be playing France, beforehand at least

jim_57

Staff member
England have only 3 tests booked in for 2020 at the moment, with an easy two weeks either side of the Ashes series for more tests, and the f**king Knights are playing France. Our game is geniused.

I get the feeling that lately England are believing the hype of some of their own fans that they're too good to play other Euro teams. Naturally playing nobody or hanging on for whatever scraps the southern hemisphere throws them is far better..

deluded pom?

Coach
I get the feeling that lately England are believing the hype of some of their own fans that they're too good to play other Euro teams. Naturally playing nobody or hanging on for whatever scraps the southern hemisphere throws them is far better..
And those same fans are quick to criticise what they perceive to be Australian apathy towards the international game when all England want to do is play New Zealand or Australia.

jim_57

Staff member
And those same fans are quick to criticise what they perceive to be Australian apathy towards the international game when all England want to do is play New Zealand or Australia.

I would have thought losing to 2 'tier 2' nations might have shaken that thought a little but here we are.

If England don't play anyone that weekend but send the knights out against their best neighbour nation then it is pretty disgraceful to be honest. You'd think they'd be begging for as many games as possible 1 year before a World Cup with a new coach.

adamkungl

Immortal
Lets wait and see. Maybe a one-liner in an article on a french website isn't a 100% reliable source of what the England team may or may not be doing.

adamkungl

Immortal
PHILIPPINES will host SPAIN in June (random! but cool)
https://www.aseanrl.com/2020/02/24/philippines-to-host-spain-in-inaugural-friendship-cup-match/

and 1 week later VALENCIA will play a game in the Philippines against club side NORTH LUZON HEADHUNTERS
https://www.aseanrl.com/2020/02/25/north-luzon-to-face-valencia-huracanes-in-manila/

SCOTLAND has announced their schedule
https://everythingrugbyleague.com/2...4BnxnVkzXzjJEkDmn-nCTNqzKQRl20nsCN5i55yOgyCm0

Fife, Strathmore and Glasgow will contest the National League over a double round robin through May to July.
In July and August, Edinburgh will rejoin the other 3 clubs for the Knockout Cup.
Edinburgh Eagles will again be competing in the North West England League.

Latest posts