What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Mafia IX: The End? (Day 2)

First Grade
Misanthrope said:
You are Chris Kyle, Town Aligned American Sniper.

A man with a gun and the ability to use it, you’re not going to let no god damn A-Rabs take away your freedom and liberty.

- Take the Shot: On every odd night, you may tell me the name of a player to kill. They’ll die.
- Best Friends: If you target or are targeted by the even night killer, you’ll fail. Instead, you’ll become best buddies and be able to communicate.
- Friendly Fire: If you kill a member of the town, you’ll be so guilty that you’ll be silenced the following day. If investigated that night, you’ll show up as Lee Boyd Malvo, Independently Aligned Beltway Sniper.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Review - Part One

Parra Pride

You are Shield, Town/Independent/Mafia Aligned Pro Wrestling Stable.

The combination of Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, and Seth Rollins – your stable was a force to be reckoned with from debut until incredibly premature break-up. With each member possessing a unique skillset and ultimately catering to a different crowd, you’re destined for greatness.

You have three lives. When Roman Reigns (Town) dies, you become Dean Ambrose (independent) and, finally, Seth Rollins (Mafia).

- Roman Reigns: Each night you may PM me the name of a player to stand watch over. If they’re targeted to be killed, you’ll spear their attacker to hell. There is a 50% chance that player will be silenced and a 50% chance they’ll be killed.
- Dean Ambrose: Each night you may PM me the name of a player to assault. There is a 50% chance you’ll roleblock them and a 50% chance you’ll kill them.
- Seth Rollins: Each night you may PM me the name of a player to assault. There is a 50% chance you’ll kill them.

You win if (as Roman Reigns) all threats to the town are eliminated.

You win of (as Dean Ambrose) you are the last man standing.

You win (as Seth Rollins) if your faction outnumbers all other factions.

In addition to these win conditions, you win if you are able to successfully kill 5 people. This includes hammering lynches.

A role that I thought had quite a bit of potential to be fun. He started out as a town protector who would also discourage killvestigations, but didn't successfully target a single kill target.

Died late in the game and took on his indie persona, but his kill/roleblock never came into play before he was killed again and became mafia. He would have joined the smallest remaining mafia or cult faction, but with Temptation wiping out Evil on the last night he basically sealed the game for them.

Player Score: 5/10

-----

Frederick

You are The Lego Company, Lego Aligned Toy Manufacturing Giant.

A toy company with its yellow plastic thumbs in many plastic pies, you’re out to convert the whole world into Lego.

- Protected: As a concept, you cannot be killed until you have followers. If targeted to be killed, you’ll show up as Promising Start Up, Town Aligned Small Business.
- Recruit: Before the night results are posted, you’ll be sent a list of players who are scheduled to die. You may recruit one of these players, provided you were not roleblocked. They will become the Lego version of themselves, and may change their role slightly. You may only use this power four times during the game.
- Painful: Once you have recruits, you cannot be killed while any of them live. You’ll learn the identity of anybody who does make an attempt on your life as they step on a piece of Lego and jump around screaming.

You win when you outnumber all other factions.

Suffered quite a bit of bad luck. I took the idea of having him recruit from the soon to die from Hogg's Davey Jones character in Pirates, but he declined to use it early in the game and spent most of the late game being roleblocked.

The abundance of Hodors and protection (something of a necessity in a game with so many OP players) hurt him as well. I had a whole bunch of fun Lego roles made up too :(

Player Score: 5.5/10

-----

Bazzi

You are The Masked Sex Cult from Eyes Wide Shut, Cult Aligned Sexy Cult.

A collection of wealthy swingers in masquerade masks, you enchant Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise in what was a confusing and ultimately disappointing final film from Kubrick. Still… bewbs.

- Recruit: Each night you may PM me the name of a player to invite to your sexy cult. If they agree, they’ll join your cult. If they disagree, they’ll be so worn out from shagging that they’ll be silent the next day. Your vote will count for double in this incidence. Attempts to recruit mafia will automatically fail. The player will still be silenced.
- Seduce: Any time you are targeted to be killed at night, there is a 75% chance you’ll instead wear your attacker out having an orgy with them. They’ll be silenced and you’ll learn their identity.

You win when your cult outnumbers all other factions.

I went back to the old mechanic of allowing people the choice to say yes or no, with the added mechanic of silencing those who said no. Anybody approached was also expressly forbidden from mentioning it in the game thread, which gave Bazzi some hope of avoiding being roleblocked to oblivion.

Bazzi had woeful luck getting people to join his cause. Had he picked up a few of the people he targeted, he might have stood a better chance.

Player Score: 5.5

-------------

Hoggmaster

You are Misanthrope’s Exes, Independently Aligned Motley Crew of Clunge.

A veritable United Nations of previous sexual and romantic conquests, you’ve made it your goal to seduce Misanthrope away from his beloved forum and his future as a university poon hound.

- Multiple Lives: There are a few of you. Each night your personality will move down the list. You must use the appropriate post condition. If you are killed that night or lynched the following day, that persona will die and be removed from the list. You die when you have no personas left.
- Irene: You are Misanthrope’s most recent girlfriend and an absolute psychopath. You may make a kill each night. Alternatively, once during the game you may forego your kill and instead use it as an autolynch. This will not work if you were roleblocked the previous night. You get a point for each kill you make. Your post condition is to be overly critical and complain a lot.
- Elise: You are Misanthrope’s longest term and most supportive ex. You may choose a player to protect each night. If that player is targeted to be killed, you get a point. Your post condition is to be supportive of anything and everything.
- Ivana: You are Misanthrope’s two-timing South African ex. Each night you may choose a player to redirect. If that player’s action leads to a death, you get a point. Your post condition is to be overly flirtatious.
- Anna: You are Misanthrope’s most outspoken ex, but an absolute freak in bed. Each night you may select a player to engage in political debate. They won’t be able to act. You get a point. Your post condition is to express controversial or vocal political, religious, or feminist opinions.
- Nikki: You are Misanthrope’s first, and a filthy hippy to boot. Each night you may select a player to investigate. You’ll learn their identity and get a point. Your post condition is to say a bunch of flowery, free love hippy shit.

You win if you are the sole survivor or if you manage to amass seven points.

Only two of the above are the actual names of my exes. The rest got the 'names were changed to protect the innocent' treatment.

Hogg came dangerously close (within one point) of securing victory, thanks largely to his Nikki role giving him a point whenever he successfully investigated somebody. He lost his kill, his redirect, his protect, and his roleblock fairly early in proceedings.

Didn't make as much from the post conditions as I'd have liked, but played a solid game to very nearly win it as an indy.

Player Score: 8/10

----------

soc123_au

You are Kim Jong Un, Independently Aligned Fascist Dictator.

The fascist leader of North Korea and arguably the greatest person in the universe, you’re not going to be satisfied until you rule the world.

- Fanatical Loyalty: Each time you are targeted to be killed, there is a 100% chance you’ll survive and one of your North Korean followers will die. Each time you ‘die’, this chance is reduced by 15%.
- They All Look Alike: If investigated, you’ll show up as Ban Ki-Moon, Town Aligned Secretary of the United Nations.
- Spy Network: Each night you may PM me the name of a player, you’ll learn their identity.
- Coup: Once during the game you may attempt a coup. The person you nominate will die, regardless of protection. If they are the leader of a mafia faction or cult, you will assume their position and take the place at the top of their protection chain. This will remove your Fanatical Loyalty protection.

You win if you are the sole survivor or if your faction outnumbers all other factions.

Very similar to his infamous Idi Amin role, soc had the benefit of multiple Hodors as well as turning up as another Korean if he was investigated. He actually investigated roc107 (Evil don) on night one or two, but didn't think Stephen King would be leader of a faction.

People assuming all Koreans are evil proved his undoing. As soon as a dead Korean showed up, everybody decided he must be Kim Jong Un.

Player Score: 5/10

-------------

umina panther

You are Chad Kruger, Independently Aligned Lovechild of Freddy Kruger and Chad Kroeger.

The bastard love-child of Nickelback’s lead singer and a monster who haunts people’s dreams, you are aiming to tear your way through the town and end lives.

- Aren’t You Creed?: If you’re investigated, you’ll show up as Creed, Town Aligned ‘Rock’ Band.
- Murder: Each night you may PM me the name of a player to attack with your awful music. There is a 75% chance you’ll kill them and a 25% chance you’ll instead learn what actions (if any) they took that night.
- Virgins: You are unable to kill any character that Misanthrope deems to be a virgin. If you target them, your role may change.
- Evildoers: If you kill somebody who Misanthrope deems to be an evil-doer, you’ll have a double vote the following day and be safe from that day’s lynch (including auto lynches).
- Avril Lavigne: The first successful kill against you will instead kill Avril Lavigne, Town Aligned Skater Girl.

You win if you are the sole survivor.

His accidental mispelling of Kroeger made me decide to make a kind of hybrid role for the game's serial killer. I actually completely forgot to roll to see if his kill turned out to be an investigate :lol:

His virgins and evildoers rule never came into play either, as most nights he targeted a player I'd labelled as evil or virgin, he was roleblocked or his target was protected. For a serial killer with only a single Hodor to his name, he actually survived very late into the game.

It's hard to win as a straight up SK, but he made a good run deep into proceedings before Deadpool saw him off.

Player Score: 7/10

----------

More to come