What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

gordsy

Juniors
It is April Fool's Day, but it would be just like the NRL to give Roberts and the Tigers a hard time, yet exempt Souths and it's players.
From what I saw Mitchell and Walker were seen wearing masks, roberts wasn't. No one to blame but himself for that.

I'm not sure we need an origin buy, I think a few guys like Tamou, guys who will work on and off the ball and are solid and rarely have a bad game. Pick up a few solid players os if we do go into the market for a half they walk into a ready made team. If we could get another 4 or 5 players like that.then we suddenly become far more competitive.

BrotherJim05

Bench
How much of a dumbass do you have to be? Seriously, you go to an event with mates who have special exemption and are wearing masks but you don't bother getting either?

If this is true, BJ and Roberts have to be the biggest dumbass center pairing in the history of NRL. I knew one of them would be hooked for some reason but both before round 4 is just ridiculous.

At least we know what we should be spending Mbyes cap money on

stryker

First Grade
This makes as much sense as most of your posts. Great work.

I love the LMFAO comment. It's like something my 10 yo would state about 5 years ago.
It makes perfect sense. You support players and management for years when they are performing poorly. You embrace mediocrity in its most pure form consistently under the guise of trying to sound optimistic. It makes you come off as weak and is the reason we clash constantly.

Tiger05

First Grade
It makes perfect sense. You support players and management for years when they are performing poorly. You embrace mediocrity in its most pure form consistently under the guise of trying to sound optimistic. It makes you come off as weak and is the reason we clash constantly.

Come on dude be serious. I support the team. I'm optimistic. The idea that somehow I support mediocrity and you don't is just BS you've made up in your head.

The reason we clash is because I'm optimistic and you are a grumpy f**k.

stryker

First Grade
Come on dude be serious. I support the team. I'm optimistic. The idea that somehow I support mediocrity and you don't is just BS you've made up in your head.

The reason we clash is because I'm optimistic and you are a grumpy f**k.
No it’s because you are a fence sitter looking for likes and I have unpopular opinions. I don’t give a f**k if I’m not liked.
You support the team and I don’t? I live 2500kms away from our base yet am a member. I see the team play live on average once every 3 years yet am a member.
I want the club to succeed and am frustrated that weak management hire weak coaches to train weak players. It has occurred the vast majority of our time as an entity. I get the shits when I read supporters say we played well when we get dusted by 20+ or that we turned a corner when we beat a side who played like garbage. You are usually the one saying this shit and therefore I think you accept mediocrity. Simple really.

Tiger Ted

Bench
No it’s because you are a fence sitter looking for likes and I have unpopular opinions. I don’t give a f**k if I’m not liked.
You support the team and I don’t? I live 2500kms away from our base yet am a member. I see the team play live on average once every 3 years yet am a member.
I want the club to succeed and am frustrated that weak management hire weak coaches to train weak players. It has occurred the vast majority of our time as an entity. I get the shits when I read supporters say we played well when we get dusted by 20+ or that we turned a corner when we beat a side who played like garbage. You are usually the one saying this shit and therefore I think you accept mediocrity. Simple really.
Totally agree re the weak management hiring weak coaches to train weak players.As Re the saying a fish rotting from the head down this precisely applies to the dysfunctional rabble of this appalling club.The fact that Pascoe has retained his job & has escaped scrutiny while presiding over epic FK ups with recruitment/retention speaks volumes about the imbecilic hierarchy at WT.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Classic example of delusional turning corner after beating a shit team was last wk vs knights.They were shithouse & were without their 3 best backs Edrick Lee Bradman & Ponga.I’m yet to see that we can tough it out against a half decent team when the going gets tough.What pisses me off more than anything about this club is how mentally fragile we are & even under a renowned hard task master like Maguire nothing has changed over the 2+ yrs he’s been at the helm.

gordsy

Juniors
I did see this and thought yeah I could see that happening
While it’s clear that Mbye is chasing more game time, The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield revealed that the senior player was unhappy with how the club handled a knee injury he picked up last season.

“I’ll tell you why he’s unhappy at the Wests Tigers. Last year he had a knee injury. The physios and head of high performance sent him to go get scans and it came back clear so they were basically putting pressure on him to continue playing,” Rothfield told NRL 360.

“They strapped him up and he battled through the season, his form wasn’t great.

“At the end of the year they went for more MRI’s and what that showed was 15 pieces of floating bone in that knee so he then had an arthroscopy, they were removed and he was finally ready to come back this year healthy.

“But he wasn’t happy with the misdiagnosis, he wasn’t happy about the pressure put on him continually last year to play and whether this is a spillover from that, I don’t know.”

Article link https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/4b5f9062586b2aa355c84ca5f9a45e1b

WA Tiger

Bench
If u 2 are waiting for the other one to come around to your way of thinking, or trying to force the other into submission and so they say “yes actually I’ve thought about it and you know what your right and I’m wrong” free advice, a premiership will happen first..so why get caught up in it.
Or just say it once but that’s like impossible once the other joins in.I know I’ve been there lots and with both of u and obviously when it was as bad as it can get ..although it’s a hard one to live by sometimes less IS more
The trick is to avoid each other if trouble will obviously result and stick to the topic AND so u disagree so what !!

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Classic example of delusional turning corner after beating a shit team was last wk vs knights.They were shithouse & were without their 3 best backs Edrick Lee Bradman & Ponga.I’m yet to see that we can tough it out against a half decent team when the going gets tough.What pisses me off more than anything about this club is how mentally fragile we are & even under a renowned hard task master like Maguire nothing has changed over the 2+ yrs he’s been at the helm.

I don’t think we’re mentally fragile. I think the players are indifferent, I really think probably 12 of the 17 don’t give a flock, as long as there’s money going into their bank. We recruited James Robert’s, I think he’s a decent footballer, but he’s had dramas at every club he’s played at, and now there’s talk of going after Naden. It’s one thing to be gifted, quite another to fulfill the promise that you show. It’s no good to be a talented player if you haven’t got the mindset to see it through. I reckon we should get David Goggins out to train with the Tigers for the rest of the season, the bloke can show our guys what mental fortitude is all about. He would break every one of our guys within a week.