What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

stryker

First Grade
It doesn’t surprise me this club could f**k something like this up.
Need to get football people involved with recruitment decisions.

Tiger05

First Grade
It doesn’t surprise me this club could f**k something like this up.
Need to get football people involved with recruitment decisions.

That sounds exactly what they've done. They've gone out and tried to recruit talented players to our junior ranks.

gordsy

Juniors
Ehh timing is bad but not everyone wins a prize. You're kid was deemed to be not good enough, either stop playing or go to another club and stick it to us. Besides who cares what the media say, for years nrl 360 bagged Gus. The other night they said Panthers couldn't have done it without him.

Michael Maguire is the answer. Agree with everything Joel Caine had to say on SEN last month. With us getting a training facility, at last, that will help, just need to stop playing at so many different venues now, play most matches at Leichhardt and the matches against QLD sides at Campbelltown. Simple. Possibly match against Parra at the Olympic Stadium.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Michael Maguire is the answer. Agree with everything Joel Caine had to say on SEN last month. With us getting a training facility, at last, that will help, just need to stop playing at so many different venues now, play most matches at Leichhardt and the matches against QLD sides at Campbelltown. Simple. Possibly match against Parra at the Olympic Stadium.
That seems like playing at multiple stadiums ^^^^

Fordy20

Juniors

Apparently Michelle Bishop thinks Luke Brooks is signing with Newcastle and then apparently we are getting Api Koroisau. It's a smart combination for the Knights, having Andrew Johns coaching Brooks and Clifford and pairing Brooks natural running game with Clifford's big boot.

Tiger05

First Grade

Apparently Michelle Bishop thinks Luke Brooks is signing with Newcastle and then apparently we are getting Api Koroisau. It's a smart combination for the Knights, having Andrew Johns coaching Brooks and Clifford and pairing Brooks natural running game with Clifford's big boot.

The article states we lose Brooks but we gain Api or Hodgson. I think we'd be better off with those movements and I hope it happens.

Tigerm

First Grade

If true, didn't take Sheens long to join the mis-information circus?

If we let Brooks go, who replaces him, especially while Douehie is out?

Tiger05

First Grade

Hastings to 7 and somone else to 6. Peachey maybe. We lack halves and this story could be just another load of palava. I suppose you could play Madden in the halves.

Fordy20

Juniors

That's why I don't think it is true. As much as everyone is frantically slobbering over Hastings cock, there's no guarantee he'll be any better than Brooks and even if he is, he's still saddled with the same timid forward pack and pedestrian backline that Brooks has been saddled with for the bulk of his career. What Sheens has said in the media is totally in keeping with the most sensible option, which is to keep Brooks and have Hastings start the year in the halves to see if he is good enough to keep Doueihi out of the halves.

That's why I don't think it is true. As much as everyone is frantically slobbering over Hastings c**k, there's no guarantee he'll be any better than Brooks and even if he is, he's still saddled with the same timid forward pack and pedestrian backline that Brooks has been saddled with for the bulk of his career. What Sheens has said in the media is totally in keeping with the most sensible option, which is to keep Brooks and have Hastings start the year in the halves to see if he is good enough to keep Doueihi out of the halves.
God himself could not keep Doogie out of the halves.

Madge tried that last season, if he’d realised the Mbye experiment had gotten out of control, escaped from the basement and was terrorising the neighbourhood -we might have made the f**king 8.

Yeah, probably, but Madden doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence?
I remember when he was the guest star of “meet the CEO”

Pascoe kept talking over the top of him, the poor kid looked star struck. He kept looking around to see who Pascoe was actually talking to.

With our halves, hes looking good for at least 22 games next season. Should buy a new pair of boots.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'd rather keep Brooks. What if Hastings is a flop? We can't rely on Madden to be our halfback with the inexperienced team we have. If Doeuihi wasn't injured I'd be more inclined to let Brooks go but it's a dumb move unless we get someone incredible that completely changes our team.

I'd take Korosau for Brooks but nobody else that has been mentioned. Then again, a trade of Brooks for Thompson and Cotric would be pretty huge. Let's play some fantasy football:

Brooks to Dogs for Cotric and Thompson
Liddle to Raiders, Hodgson to Penrith and Korosau to Tigers

Hahaha

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I could barely be bothered to post this non-story of Joey's endless whingeing, except for the tantalising prospect of Josh Aloiai getting his head punched in.

‘You can’t blame someone that’s not playing’: Leilua takes another swipe at Maguire
By Sarah Keoghan
November 8, 2021 — 5.56pm

Former Wests Tigers centre Joey Leilua has claimed he was repeatedly blamed by former coach Michael Maguire for the team’s failures before being dropped by the club in September.

Leilua was repeatedly demoted to reserve grade by Maguire during the 2021 NRL season before the Tigers decided against activating a contract option in their favour to give the 29-year-old a third year at the club.

After 225 NRL games across four clubs, Leilua is currently without an NRL contract for 2022.

Last month, Leilua posted on Instagram to deny media reports he had signed a train and trial contract with the Tigers worth $1000 a week and slammed Maguire in the process, by writing: “I wouldn’t play for someone that blames the team all the time! And not once himself! #Madge”.

Speaking on Monday at the official announcement of his boxing debut on December 10 where he will fight retired NRL star Chris Heighington, Leilua doubled down on his comments and said he was repeatedly blamed for the club’s problems.

The Tigers finished their 2021 campaign 13th of the ladder, finishing up the season with a horror 38-0 defeat to wooden-spooners the Bulldogs in the final round.

“They basically said it was me, that’s why they were losing. I don’t know how that works when I’m not even playing,” he told the Herald of the 2021 season during which he played just seven NRL matches.

“He can’t blame me if I am not on field. You can’t blame someone else that’s not playing.”

Leilua also revealed he found out he would not be travelling with the squad when the competition was moved to Queensland due to COVID-19 via text.

“He didn’t even say anything I just got a text. I didn’t have anything to do at the club after that, I just stayed at home,” he said.

“I didn’t even really train because I was sad I didn’t go up. It was tough because my wife could see it. She could see that I wasn’t happy.”

Leilua said he was grateful to be given the opportunity to fight Heighington, as it gave him a reason to get back in shape. But ultimately, he wants to return to rugby league.

“I’ve had a good career, but I still want to be playing NRL that’s for sure,” he said. “I still have a lot to prove to myself and to the fans that I can still play at the top level. I want to still be playing first grade.”

The December 10 card in Newcastle will be headlined by the bout between Manly prop Josh Aloiai and Cronulla great Paul Gallen.

Aloiai explained how he went to coach Des Hasler to get the green light to make his professional boxing career.

“I told him I would only take the fight if I had his blessing,” he said. “He is my coach, but I also respect him a lot so I wanted to make sure. I think he’s just happy I am training so hard in the off season.”

Tigerm

First Grade
I could barely be bothered to post this non-story of Joey's endless whingeing, except for the tantalising prospect of Josh Aloiai getting his head punched in.

‘You can’t blame someone that’s not playing’: Leilua takes another swipe at Maguire
By Sarah Keoghan
November 8, 2021 — 5.56pm

Former Wests Tigers centre Joey Leilua has claimed he was repeatedly blamed by former coach Michael Maguire for the team’s failures before being dropped by the club in September.

Leilua was repeatedly demoted to reserve grade by Maguire during the 2021 NRL season before the Tigers decided against activating a contract option in their favour to give the 29-year-old a third year at the club.

After 225 NRL games across four clubs, Leilua is currently without an NRL contract for 2022.

Last month, Leilua posted on Instagram to deny media reports he had signed a train and trial contract with the Tigers worth $1000 a week and slammed Maguire in the process, by writing: “I wouldn’t play for someone that blames the team all the time! And not once himself! #Madge”.

Speaking on Monday at the official announcement of his boxing debut on December 10 where he will fight retired NRL star Chris Heighington, Leilua doubled down on his comments and said he was repeatedly blamed for the club’s problems.

The Tigers finished their 2021 campaign 13th of the ladder, finishing up the season with a horror 38-0 defeat to wooden-spooners the Bulldogs in the final round.

“They basically said it was me, that’s why they were losing. I don’t know how that works when I’m not even playing,” he told the Herald of the 2021 season during which he played just seven NRL matches.

“He can’t blame me if I am not on field. You can’t blame someone else that’s not playing.”

Leilua also revealed he found out he would not be travelling with the squad when the competition was moved to Queensland due to COVID-19 via text.

“He didn’t even say anything I just got a text. I didn’t have anything to do at the club after that, I just stayed at home,” he said.

“I didn’t even really train because I was sad I didn’t go up. It was tough because my wife could see it. She could see that I wasn’t happy.”

Leilua said he was grateful to be given the opportunity to fight Heighington, as it gave him a reason to get back in shape. But ultimately, he wants to return to rugby league.

“I’ve had a good career, but I still want to be playing NRL that’s for sure,” he said. “I still have a lot to prove to myself and to the fans that I can still play at the top level. I want to still be playing first grade.”

The December 10 card in Newcastle will be headlined by the bout between Manly prop Josh Aloiai and Cronulla great Paul Gallen.

Aloiai explained how he went to coach Des Hasler to get the green light to make his professional boxing career.

“I told him I would only take the fight if I had his blessing,” he said. “He is my coach, but I also respect him a lot so I wanted to make sure. I think he’s just happy I am training so hard in the off season.”

Poor BJ, he is delusional about his footy ability, but I think he might/should have too much power for Heighno.

How the hell do they these old blokes fight, who have never fought in the ring before?