What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

The Rosco

Bench
Murray, we've got the Phantom, and youse have got Penny.
One day, over many bourbons, we can work out which one of us is actually holding the rough end of the pineapple.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I feel like they employed an app developer to make the logo. It's something you would see as an app icon.

While I had a good laugh at how stupid I thought this was, there is something to be said about slimming down and going with something more simple. A lot more you can do with it from a design perspective.

Knowing our management though, this was probably an April's fools prank and didn't realize it both wasn't April, that it would be the actual change

Ned Kelly

Juniors
There might have been white powder on the table when the decision was made to ditch our logo in the interest of our proud history but you couldn't see the table for white powder when this design was accepted.

JB04

Juniors
Apparently Shane Flanagan, Nathan Cayless, Ryan Carr and Dean Pay in the mix for assistants. Gotta say Id be happy with any of them (unsure on Carr, I must say).

NRL news: Shane Flanagan and Nathan Cayless headline potential Wests Tigers assistants

Michael Carayannis

Wests Tigers have begun interviewing potential assistant coaches, with premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan right in the mix.

The Tigers have two positions available to assist Michael Maguire as they head into a season-defining year for the coach.

Flanagan has already been interviewed and he sits at the top of the queue.

It is understood that ex-Parramatta captain Nathan Cayless and former South Sydney lower-grade player Ryan Carr are also among the potential candidates.

Flanagan has strong support from those within the club. The famed review into the club, which almost led to Maguire’s sacking, asked the coach to surround himself with high calibre assistants.

Flanagan is easily the most credentialed having led the Sharks premiership glory in 2016 and finished his stint with a 55 per cent winning rate. He was a St George Illawarra assistant coach in 2020 before joining Fox League this year.

Flanagan wants to return to coaching and is open to providing support to Maguire.

Cayless most recently spent the past two seasons working as an assistant coach at the Roosters. He was replaced by Brett Morris heading into next season. Since retiring at the end of 2010, Cayless has held coaching positions at his former club Parramatta and the Warriors.

Carr played under Maguire during a stint at South Sydney before transitioning into a coach. He was appointed South Sydney’s under-20s coach in 2017 where Pat Richards, who is part of the Tigers coaching staff, was his assistant.

Carr has also coached Mounties and Parramatta in the NSW Cup and spent a season as head coach of Featherstone Rovers in the competition below the Super League.

Ex-Bulldogs coach Dean Pay was also linked to the role.

The Tigers are on the lookout for new coaches after Wayne Collins was not re-signed following the review. The club this week also announced that Shane Millard, who joined the club last year, was also moving on.

Meanwhile, the Tigers have officially unveiled Tyrone Peachey on a two year deal worth about $750,000.

Peachey returns to Sydney after a three-year stint on the Gold Coast.

He could line-up in the halves to start the season given the long-term injury to Adam Doueihi. Peachey, who played three games for NSW in 2018, joins Jackson Hastings and Oliver Gildart as new recruits at the Tigers next season.

“I’ve been really impressed by Madge (Maguire) and the way he approaches the game and I’m looking forward to working under him,” Peachey said.

“I know that I perform my best when I’ve got a strong coach who can keep me accountable and I’ve really enjoyed speaking with him lately.”

The Tigers still have about a $1 million for three spots left on their roster.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/908fdc787cfe093e41ec107cf1264ce2

WA Tiger

Bench
Now I’m excited…Get Flanagan in … He will charm the pants off the players and the dumb fks with the suits on …They will all know he’s the guy soon enough. Then the inevitable Madge sacking will not pose a problem for the club…

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Now I’m excited…Get Flanagan in … He will charm the pants off the players and the dumb fks with the suits on …They will know he’s the guy soon enough. The inevitable Madge sacking will not pose a problem for the club…
He didn't do to well at the dragons?

WA Tiger

Bench
Tiger m

Flanagan had no power at the Dragons. Esp with McGregor around. And they were dead set on Hook being coach after a glowing assessment from one of their favourite sons. Flanagan is a head coach not an assistant coach …and Tigers are desperate for a saviour

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Tiger m

Flanagan had no power at the Dragons. Esp with McGregor around. And they were dead set on Hook being coach after a glowing assessment from one of their favourite sons. Flanagan is a head coach not an assistant coach …and Tigers are desperate for a saviour
He’ll have the same power here, he’s not coming as head coach.

Flanners 2016 side, punched well above their weight. Grinding and gutsy.

We don’t exactly have a side of entertainers.

I think he’d be well suited to the challenges.

Madge couldn’t get a sustained effort this year, so we need grass roots indoctrination at training and approach.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
He’ll have the same power here, he’s not coming as head coach.
But the WT will all fall for Flanagans his charisma and knowledge etc ....you can see it when he talks on tv and when under pressure etc …He would never have nothing to say at a press conference, after a bad bad loss like Madge did. He would never end up in that pathetic position anyway

This is also a job interview for Flanagan..WT are killing 2 birds with one stone. Brilliant . Pascoe will be listening and watching closely and he will like what he sees…and he will end up in the palm of Flanagan hand..Pascoe gets sucked in with shit coaches. Flanagan will have him dope faced..
imo

Last edited:
I think he could make a tremendous contribution.

Madge was allegedly white-anted once, so hed be on guard for mischief.

At sgi, flanners had to cop Mary and Dean Young holding him back.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I might be wrong but didn't Sheens have Royce Simmons as an assistant coach when we won our Grand Final? I think Royce had been a coach in his own right before that. So I think it would be a good thing to have Flano around the place. His presence just might lift the players knowing they have a coaching assistant who knows what he is doing.

It might just add that little something that things are different and bring a more positive vibe to the club. Who
it might even help our recruitment.

WA Tiger

Bench
I might be wrong but didn't Sheens have Royce Simmons as an assistant coach when we won our Grand Final? I think Royce had been a coach in his own right before that. So I think it would be a good thing to have Flano around the place. His presence just might lift the players knowing they have a coaching assistant who knows what he is doing.

It might just add that little something that things are different and bring a more positive vibe to the club. Who
it might even help our recruitment.
And prob someone the players can talk to for a change

Latest posts